GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The defense tonite was absolutely horrific! Total melt down- much like against Detroit. How can Sekera go from playing his best game to his worst game in only 3 days? Montedor was pathetic. I just don't understand how a Lindy Ruff coached team can be so poor defensively.

Is there anything harder the Sabres do than getting the puck out of their end??? Here's an idea for a drinking game...take a chug every time Ric says "...but not out!" How long before you are staggering?

PTR

Yeah, that was bothering the crap out of me in the 3rd period. Several times we just weakly dumped the puck toward the blue line... at times I'd have rather we iced the puck and regrouped than give it back when the Rangers were buzzing all over our zone.

Is there anything harder the Sabres do than getting the puck out of their end??? Here's an idea for a drinking game...take a chug every time Ric says "...but not out!" How long before you are staggering?

PTR

That's ma boy. Welcome back.

The defense tonite was absolutely horrific! Total melt down- much like against Detroit. How can Sekera go from playing his best game to his worst game in only 3 days? Montedor was pathetic. I just don't understand how a Lindy Ruff coached team can be so poor defensively.

Talent?

GO BILLS!!!

Because he is a below average defenseman who played his best game after being sat down...He isnt that good..His play the other night was an abberation.....

Seems like the Sabres again ran out of gas late in this game, just like against the Wings on Saturday. Something to worry about? Just like the Wings in the third, i felt like the NYR just kept on pouring it on late in this game and just had the feeling that they were going to score, it was just a matter of time, however Ryan Miller was outstanding.

That's just it, though, the other teams were "pouring it on". We're talking about Detroit and the Rangers, here, not Ottawa, and Toronto.

The Sabres hung with a team they're chasing tonight, which is better than they would have done earlier this season.

Felt like Boyes was strong down low but needs some more shifts away from timmy. He seemed to be aware a good portion of the time and trying to stay in position but you could tell he was a little nervous but started to break out of it after his goal. Hope good things will come from him down the stretch.

I actually don't mind him. One of the few media that understands the reason for and is willing to stand up for fighting in this game.

While I respect his willingness to stand up against fighting being outlawed, that still doesn't change the fact that he's a NHL dinosaur who wants thuggery in the game because "that's how it was when I played."

So isn't dropping your gloves an automatic call?

I was asking the same thing.

Wow - relax, son.

Relax is right.

you guys here that.... dubinsky got "TACKLED" by Sekera... lmao

Nothing to see, move along.

Come on man. Weren't you listening?

What a play by (the Ranger)! What hustle! Holy cow! He dove! Amazing! It would have been a breakaway!

Voice from behind the curtain: Hey Ed(Bo)Zo?

Yeah?

The Sabres scored.

Thank you. Lost a lot of respect for John Forslund (sic?) tonight. The disappointment dripped out of his voice at the very end when the Ranger went back and time ran out. Disgusting.

The national broadcasts always cheat toward the large market. But here's the thing. Who's to say more people were watching in NYC than Buffalo?

Two good posts by PA. Forslund's one-sidedness was embarrassing for versus, IMO. His first goal call - I wouldn't have known the Sabres actually scored if I hadn't seen it.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that Sekera or Montador played bad? I thought that Sekera did another good job of pushing the play when he had a chance and didn't see any glaring mistakes from him, and I thought the forwards (Grier especially) were bad in getting back and picking up their guys in the slot, and did a terrible job getting the puck out.

QFT.

They were lucky to escape that game with only 2 goals given up. Miller bailed them out big time.

Grier also had a horrible game with two huge giveaways that could have had him wearing the goat horns tonight as well.

Lindy should have been chewing them a new a$$hole with those cross ice pass attempts when they are winning the game. I also can't believe how soft they were on a lot of the clearing attempts and dump ins.

Good news they won anyway. I just hope Lindy drills them on these issues in practice to break this sloppy hockey or they will be lucky to go .500 on this road trip.

QFT.

They were lucky to escape that game with only 2 goals given up. Miller bailed them out big time.

Grier also had a horrible game with two huge giveaways that could have had him wearing the goat horns tonight as well.

Lindy should have been chewing them a new a$$hole with those cross ice pass attempts when they are winning the game. I also can't believe how soft they were on a lot of the clearing attempts and dump ins.

Good news they won anyway. I just hope Lindy drills them on these issues in practice to break this sloppy hockey or they will be lucky to go .500 on this road trip.

Grier and Niederpecker have been about as useful as Lalime this year...There has got to be two other in the organization worth the playing time than those 2

Grier and Niederpecker have been about as useful as Lalime this year...There has got to be two other in the organization worth the playing time than those 2

Not true for Grier. He has done his job on the checking line, got a couple of goals and has been huge on the PK.

QFT.

Hey, never apologize for the 2 points---I'm sure there have been plenty of games they played better than the other team and lost, the final standings don't give any bonus points for those...

Only thing that matters are the points. If they go 5-2 on this road trip and "deserve to lose" 4 of the games, would it make you feel better than if they went 3-4, but deserved to win 3 of those games they lost?

This broadcast was so unprofessional and one-sided that I snapped and made sure to to air my thoughts to Forlund and Versus on twitter. Please feel free to do the same: @JohnForslund

If you have a cable box that let's you pause live TV just bring up WGR on your radio or computer and try to sync up with the action. That's what I do.

PTR

I'm not worried about Vanek; late this season his heart is carrying the team. He won't miss a game.

As for Miller? This is the Ryan Miller we all knew we had, even though he wasn't showing it earlier in the season. UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE saves several times tonight. This is how to win in the playoffs. The Sabres will make the playoffs. They will be like Edmonton in the Western Conference: The team no one wants to draw in a series because they came into the playoffs hot and needed to just to make a low seed. Teams like that are dangerous... scary dangerous.

Something is wrong with Miller. Not his game--he was on his game tonight, no doubt about it--but his health or something is off. Several times, it took him way too long to get up off of the ice and back into play (I know, one of those times, he thought the puck was under his ass, but the others?).

Good win. For once, I was glad for a versus game which meant that I could see it from my undisclosed location (about a mile to the left of Cheney). Sabres played a physical team in their barn and came up with a solid win, despite the last seven minutes of playing like it was a 5-on-3 for the Rags.

The comments above about the announcers are right on. (1) Why bother having a versus crew when you can just hire the rags homers? (2) Stop telling stories and describe the game.

Archived