GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

We've been saying, "we need this next game" and "the next couple of games will tell us alot" for what? 20 games now? We already know what we have with this team. There is no, "we need this series of games to see what we have". One step forward, one step back the rest of the way out.

At this point it is, cross your fingers and hope they win enough to get into the playoffs, and the teams around us stay mediocre too.

*crosses fingers*

We've been saying, "we need this next game" and "the next couple of games will tell us alot" for what? 20 games now? We already know what we have with this team. There is no, "we need this series of games to see what we have". One step forward, one step back the rest of the way out.

At this point it is, cross your fingers and hope they win enough to get into the playoffs, and the teams around us stay mediocre too.

*crosses fingers*

Pretty excited for tonight and Thursday I must say. If ( I know,if my aunt had do-dads she'd be my uncle)we can get two regulation wins next two games,or even 1 tonight and 2 on Thursday, man i think that sets the right tone for the trip to be wildly successful. Had no idea Connonly played with Boyes in junior..maybe that gets Tiny fired up as well.

Out with the top six! In with the top nine!

"We really want to improve our top nine. We want to make that top nine more of an offensive threat that will make us a better team. I look at it that the top nine have to get on the board and produce."

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-May-Use-3-Scoring-Lines/9297772

*crosses fingers*

Good post.

The standings really support what you are saying. These teams are all so evenly matched that it's really anyones guess who can step out from the pack of chasers we have for the 7th and 8th spots. Anybody that can put a streak together can make it or break it.

I know we can't expect Boyes to make an impact tonight do not even expect him to be ready to play.

These seven games are important and it starts tonight. Let's go Buff'a'lo

Good post.

The standings really support what you are saying. These teams are all so evenly matched that it's really anyones guess who can step out from the pack of chasers we have for the 7th and 8th spots. Anybody that can put a streak together can make it or break it.

I know we can't expect Boyes to make an impact tonight do not even expect him to be ready to play.

These seven games are important and it starts tonight. Let's go Buff'a'lo

By everything I've read it sounds like he's a go for tonight and on a line with the Tin Man. It's hockey not football. Boyes may be out of position at times but he should be ready to go.

"We really want to improve our top nine. We want to make that top nine more of an offensive threat that will make us a better team. I look at it that the top nine have to get on the board and produce."

I'm really interested to see if Lindy uses Boyes on the right point in the power-play.

Howinthehell can he talk about a top 9 when there is only one natural center in the group? :blink:

I think at some point soon Boyes is going to have to be moved to center this season. He's been described as a playmaker, let's see if he can be Vanek's setup guy for the remainder of the year.

Well, I'm pleased to report that I was invited this morning to attend the game, so I will be there in what look like pretty sweet seats. Only downside is that I did not bring my jersey with me to work, so I'll be in plainclothes.

Rangers are missing their best forward in Gaborik and their best defenseman in Staal.

Carolina plays Florida tonight, while Atlanta plays the Habs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the FNG. The highlights I saw of him on the NHL Network were pretty compelling -- he's got great hands, quick feet and decent size. I also think he's going to wear #22 -- Lindy's old #. Any thoughts on that, PAFan?

This is when the Sabres crank up the playoff drive.

It's go time.

By everything I've read it sounds like he's a go for tonight and on a line with the Tin Man. It's hockey not football. Boyes may be out of position at times but he should be ready to go.

Well I based my opinion on Lindy's comment Yesterday that he wasn't sure Boyes would play tonight. He has not had a chance to rpactice with the team but looks like Boyes is already saying all the right thing's for the new coach something along the lines of looking forward to playing in Lindy's system. It must be infamous.

Well, I'm pleased to report that I was invited this morning to attend the game, so I will be there in what look like pretty sweet seats. Only downside is that I did not bring my jersey with me to work, so I'll be in plainclothes.

Rangers are missing their best forward in Gaborik and their best defenseman in Staal.

Carolina plays Florida tonight, while Atlanta plays the Habs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the FNG. The highlights I saw of him on the NHL Network were pretty compelling -- he's got great hands, quick feet and decent size. I also think he's going to wear #22 -- Lindy's old #. Any thoughts on that, PAFan?

This is when the Sabres crank up the playoff drive.

It's go time.

Already this early, must take a long time to get to MSG. ;)

Cheer loud and have fun

something along the lines of looking forward to playing in Lindy's system. It must be infamous.

As discussed in the Boyes thread, he's looking forward to Lindy's offensive system, which (my words, not his) is not nearly as defensive as the Blues' system.

As discussed in the Boyes thread, he's looking forward to Lindy's offensive system, which (my words, not his) is not nearly as defensive as the Blues' system.

I haven't been in the Boyes thread. (I am a parent of 2 young ones) ;)

Yes I agree with that, I left out the part where Boyes mentioned the dmen jumping in to create offense.

Vogl reports Boyes will play. Will be RW with Connolly and Ennis. Gerbe scratched.

Scratching Gerbe makes sense. That leaves the 3rd and 4th lines to their intended roles, shut down and checking.

Still not sure where that last set of 3 scorers is coming from. :rolleyes:

I had the Cops song in my head all day yesterday...

"Brad Boyes, Brad Boyes

whatcha gonna do?

whatcha gonna do

when he scores on you?"

Hopefully BB will score a hatty tonight and RJ will bust this out. :lol:

:clapping: Lets hope Boyes makes connolly amazing.

Archived