Pegula presser live thread

PromoTheRobot

Well Terry is saying that other NHL execs etc think Darcy is good. That seems to fly against what the common wisdom is around here.

That was a pretty big vote of confidence for Darcy - he won't be going anywhere any time soon - looks like he gets a wash for the LQ years.

No rentals - trade deadline deals only if it helps the franchise going forward.

This is clearly Reiger's last stand. He'd better make things happen or he won't be for much longer with this team.

I'm fine with that. Clearly this ownership wants to be the best and I can live with that fully.

Should be an interesting 6 months or so.

Well Terry is saying that other NHL execs etc think Darcy is good. That seems to fly against what the common wisdom is around here.

Don't believe everything you hear. Hasn't it been rumored that DR is slow or completely unresponsive at times in terms of returning calls from other GM's?

This is clearly Reiger's last stand. He'd better make things happen or he won't be for much longer with this team.

I'm fine with that. Clearly this ownership wants to be the best and I can live with that fully.

Should be an interesting 6 months or so.

The problem is 6 months of DR activity could end up setting the team back a couple of years or more. i.e Pominville, Hecht & Connolly contracts.

If it was poker night, I'd want him at the table too.

I'm happy Pegula is here. We have a much better chance going forward. I will not complain after today because it is what it is for now. I will have to root for these guys no matter what. I just hate to take 5 years to do a 3 year job.

The problem is 6 months of DR activity could end up setting the team back a couple of years or more. i.e Pominville, Hecht & Connolly contracts.

Not with Pegula running the show. He's got his hands all over this. Reiger is on the clock to do things and do them right. If not, he's toast. Anyone got a link of him crying?

I know I'm in the minority here and will get blasted but I still believe Quinn had final say on who was signed. He is the only reason Connolly is still here.

Maybe. Nobody really knows for sure, but it is easy to blame the guy who is no longer here. I choose to share blame equally.

I have a suspicion that later today tim connolly wont be on the team anymore. Pegula seems like the type of guy who waits until the i's are dotted and the t's crossed before he moves and well thats happend. Maybe he already told darcy to sell and sell now and get rid of ufa that we are def not signing and stuff. More money for player development and scouting and wow this is how a team is supposed to be run... wow... :w00t:

We will probably never know the real story of how decisions were made under Golisano's leadership, to what extent Darcy's recomendations and desires were followed or countermanded. Golisano did admit in his farewell presser that he got involved in voiding some contracts. I am as frustrated as anyone with the Sabres over the past few years, but it should be remembered that it was Darcy who built the EC FInals team, rescuing Briere from the scrap heap and stealing Drury from Calgary or wherever he was. It is perefectly reasonable that a new owner would give the GM a vote of confidence and the evaluate his performance over the next few months as the new owner gets his feet on the ground and begins to learn all the details. Firing key people the day you take over an organization may make some peopple feel good but it is not a blueprint for a successful takeover of any business.

Archived