Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Wait a minute!.. it just hit me. You can change your head coach?!

No..Way!

In the middle of the season, no less?!

No..Way!

Really?!

There just must not be any good replacements out there or we would have done this a long time ago.

Swamp, I don't think a change of coaches will help this sabres team but I'm with you. Clean house at the management level and roll the dice. It can't get much worse.

Is there any word on Blake getting suspended for his hit on Kaleta? I would think that if the roles were reversed there wouldn't be any question.

Merry Christmas Colin Campbell.

Maybe if pats name was Gregory Campbell there would be a suspension but no its Pat Kaleta.

Brian Rolston's been waived by the Devils 5.06 cap hit.

Per Twitter:

TSNBobMcKenzie NJD assigns Brian Rolston to Albany. Plan is for re-entry waivers later this week. Obviously hoping he will be claimed to free up cap space.

DarrenDreger Will be interesting to see if Rolston is claimed at half price. A couple of teams said they would consider it when he was orig waived.

I hope he's not claimed.

I hope Darcy doesn't get any half-priced ideas with all of our injuries.

Come on now, you know you want to see the line of Rolston-Niedermayer-Grier. We could put them out with Rivet and, after last night's showing, move Hecht to the blue line. With Lalime in net, they'd be unstoppable!

Kind of funny, the Flames beat Buffalo and THEIR GM gets fired! lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Flames-GM-Darryl-Sutter-steps-down-leaving-brut;_ylt=AmW3nVwtdorVqr998lrbqoN7vLYF?urn=nhl-301160

Excuse me, he resigns

The writing was on the wall when the team president brought in that dude from tampa bay this summer to look over Sutters shoulder.

Geez, Darcy must really have his hands tied with the impending sale, as the Thrashers have been offering up Niclas Bergfors for trade. Young, talented and ... wait for it ... cheap, undersized, and lacking grit (as described by several reporters.)

In all seriousness, though, I'm surprised that the Thrashers have scratched and are looking to trade a second-year kid who has 15G and 20A in 55GP with the team (for those looking to avoid math, that normalizes to 22G and 30A in an 82 game season) and was considered a big chip in the Kovalchuk trade.

Geez, Darcy must really have his hands tied with the impending sale, as the Thrashers have been offering up Niclas Bergfors for trade. Young, talented and ... wait for it ... cheap, undersized, and lacking grit (as described by several reporters.)

In all seriousness, though, I'm surprised that the Thrashers have scratched and are looking to trade a second-year kid who has 15G and 20A in 55GP with the team (for those looking to avoid math, that normalizes to 22G and 30A in an 82 game season) and was considered a big chip in the Kovalchuk trade.

He's not a Dudley type of player and Dudley doesn't suffer players he doesn't like for very long, regardless of their ability. Dudley isn't afraid to bring in someone new if his gut tells him his guy isn't going to be what he hoped.

He's not a Dudley type of player and Dudley doesn't suffer players he doesn't like for very long, regardless of their ability. Dudley isn't afraid to bring in someone new if his gut tells him his guy isn't going to be what he hoped.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that. Basically the opposite of Darcy.

For reference, Tyler Ennis has these stats for the Sabres:

53GP, 13G, 18A

Note: 6GP were in the playoffs and Ennis is a bit younger, but also smaller.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that. Basically the opposite of Darcy.

For reference, Tyler Ennis has these stats for the Sabres:

53GP, 13G, 18A

Note: 6GP were in the playoffs and Ennis is a bit younger, but also smaller.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that at all. It is probably the norm in nearly all scenarios where the GM truly has the control to shape his roster as he sees fit. I suspect Darcy is the same way really. He was a VERY active GM in his first few years. The problem is, now we have a roster full of "Darcy guys". :death:

Nope. Nothing wrong with that at all. It is probably the norm in nearly all scenarios where the GM truly has the control to shape his roster as he sees fit. I suspect Darcy is the same way really. He was a VERY active GM in his first few years. The problem is, now we have a roster full of "Darcy guys". :death:

Not to be the spelling police or anything, but you misspelled "Larry" in the last sentence.

Archived