Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

I would bet they have an agreement with someone to claim him as that is a lot of cash to swallow. It's an above 35 contract too, so he still counts against the cap if he's sent to the minors. The only way that money disappears is if someone claims him.

But will they claim him going down or did they get someone to agree to take him on re-entry waiver @ half price ($2.53 million per year) with NJ eating the other half?

But will they claim him going down or did they get someone to agree to take him on re-entry waiver @ half price ($2.53 million per year) with NJ eating the other half?

Exactly and why couldn't Darcy think up something like this, Oh yeah thats right it hard to make deals in todays NHL.

Oh and a potentiallly good match up tonight on VS, Philly and Pens fighting for their division lead.

Exactly and why couldn't Darcy think up something like this, Oh yeah thats right it hard to make deals in todays NHL.

Oh and a potentiallly good match up tonight on VS, Philly and Pens fighting for their division lead.

Assuming that my guess was correct. I can't imagine anyone taking him though because there's still a year left on that contract and then they'd be stuck with that money next year.

I want Bud Light Thirsty Thursday. Or even better, Maker's Mark Thirsty Thursday.

(Actually, I don't drink much at games. But I like the concept!)

On ur mark, get set, FIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekH2zovSEIE

Euros fight? And Russia still thinks 3 is a letter?

On ur mark, get set, FIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekH2zovSEIE

Saw this yesterday. As someone who admittedly stands and watches fisticuffs, that's a tough one to sit through, borderline disturbing. (Sniff sniff) I smell Russian mafia....

Glossing over the accompanying article I think I saw something to the effect of the fracas being so premeditated, that Avangard didnt even bother booking travel arrangements for the Canadian born players involved.

Saw this yesterday. As someone who admittedly stands and watches fisticuffs, that's a tough one to sit through, borderline disturbing. (Sniff sniff) I smell Russian mafia....

Glossing over the accompanying article I think I saw something to the effect of the fracas being so premeditated, that Avangard didnt even bother booking travel arrangements for the Canadian born players involved.

That was an interesting brawl and it was apparently all pre-meditated by the 'red' team based on the fact that their timing was spot on and they all attacked their sparing partners at exactly the same time. It would be interesting to see these tough guys try something like that in the Western hockey league.

That was an interesting brawl and it was apparently all pre-meditated by the 'red' team based on the fact that their timing was spot on and they all attacked their sparing partners at exactly the same time. It would be interesting to see these tough guys try something like that in the Western hockey league.

Those tough guys that were involved are all former AHL and borderline NHL badasses. They would give currnet NHL tough guys a good run. It was sad and ridiculous to see them pummeling on guys who don't know how to fight and wanted no part of it. Unfortunately, the penalties for that crap in the KHL are laughable. Only one of those instigators got suspended.

Anyone know who the GM of that red team is? Alexei Zhamnov. Yep, *that* Alexei Zhamnov.

ETA- I was wrong about the punishments handed out. Josh Gratton was suspended for 15 games and Darcy Verot suspended for 13 games. 2 Russian players were also suspended.

The red team (Vityaz) is coached by Andrei Nazarov and in addition to Gratton and Verot, also has Brandon Sugden and Chris Simon on their roster. A real church league team that one is.

Those tough guys that were involved are all former AHL and borderline NHL badasses. They would give currnet NHL tough guys a good run. It was sad and ridiculous to see them pummeling on guys who don't know how to fight and wanted no part of it. Unfortunately, the penalties for that crap in the KHL are laughable. Only one of those instigators got suspended.

Anyone know who the GM of that red team is? Alexei Zhamnov. Yep, *that* Alexei Zhamnov.

ETA- I was wrong about the punishments handed out. Josh Gratton was suspended for 15 games and Darcy Verot suspended for 13 games. 2 Russian players were also suspended.

The red team (Vityaz) is coached by Andrei Nazarov and in addition to Gratton and Verot, also has Brandon Sugden and Chris Simon on their roster. A real church league team that one is.

Funny,they were all throwin like Russians. I guess thats what happens to ex nhl guys when they're washed up and have to play in the khl.

I would hope they don't. The average fan is an idiot.

:blink: Well I guess you told me er them. :rolleyes:

I appreciate you are changing jobs, respect your professionalism in still working hard right up to the last days and sorry you don't feel well but as I stated it was a nice "parody" and if someone can't laugh at themselves while recognizing some truth to the characterization then they lose IMO. /opinion

on a side, congrats on the new job as I know you have been looking for awhile. Hope the grass does turn out greener. ;)

:blink: Well I guess you told me er them. :rolleyes:

I appreciate you are changing jobs, respect your professionalism in still working hard right up to the last days and sorry you don't feel well but as I stated it was a nice "parody" and if someone can't laugh at themselves while recognizing some truth to the characterization then they lose IMO. /opinion

on a side, congrats on the new job as I know you have been looking for awhile. Hope the grass does turn out greener. ;)

You post on a hockey messageboard and read these random blogs. You're not an average fan. I guess that means the blog writers aren't either. Anyway, there's way too much crap out there and if I was a player, I would just ignore it all, the good and the bad. I didn't click on this one, but I'll take your word that it probably falls within that good label.

You post on a hockey messageboard and read these random blogs. You're not an average fan. I guess that means the blog writers aren't either. Anyway, there's way too much crap out there and if I was a player, I would just ignore it all, the good and the bad. I didn't click on this one, but I'll take your word that it probably falls within that good label.

Oh come on. U know know you want to read it, come on... come on...

Gaustad: “Where’s Morrisonn? Staffy, you told him to come right?”

Stafford: “Yeah. When we were getting off the plane, I yelled “Hey Shane! Bring flashlights!”

Gaustad: “It’s pronounced ‘Shawn’.”

Stafford: (pauses) “Really? That’s explains a lot…”

Rob Niedermayer: “I brought flashlights.”

(team blankly stares at Niedermayer)

Miller: “Who are you?”

Niedermayer: “I’m Rob Niedermayer.”

(more blank stares)

Niedermayer: “I signed with the Sabres this year.”

Miller: “Are you supposed to be that clutch-scoring first line forward we need?”

Niedermayer: “Uhhhh… did I mention I brought flashlights?”

Gaustad: “Okay, anyway, next we need a digital thermometer. Roy-z?”

Derek Roy: “Check. Brought mine from home.”

Gaustad: “Um, that’s a rectal thermometer.”

Stafford: “Dude. Why do you even have one of those?!”

Roy: “What? The other kind makes me gag!”

Just a little pinch...pinchy pinchy...

I would hope they don't. The average fan is an idiot.

My favorite note about the internet was Darcy Regier telling GR that there are all kind of rumors about a possible sale of the team all the time and that he doesn't pay attention to any of it. It's just all noise unless he is told otherwise.

Then 30 seconds later he is talking about searching the internet for information about Pegula and how he sounds like an interesting guy.

With poker skills like that, it's no wonder the Sabres are a dynasty under his command.

Archived