Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Can't get much worse than what we already have backing up Miller.

No, and there's upside there. I mean, he did reach the finals last year. He's at 1.5 this year and 1.6 next.

Of course, we would lose everyone's favorite cheerleader as a result, but if he can't find work elsewhere, the Sabres could always make him some sort of locker room assistant or confidence-building coach for shooters or something like that.

I like Lalime, I realize the guys in the dressing room like Lalime, but Saturday night showed us all the potential dangers of not having a real backup.

Do we want him back? We've seen what he's capable of when he's hot.

Philly has a better defense that hides some of their goalies flaws a bit more then ours. I don't think the success would translate from playing with their guys to ours.

But, even if Regier wanted to sign him, i don't think he'd be able to. I don't think he's allowed to make any moves that would add that much payroll to our team and def not be adding players under contract for next season until he speaks with Pegula and whom ever he brings in to evaluate the organization.

Canucks just completed a 3 games in 4 nights road trip with stops in Dallas, Colorado and San Jose. Backup Cory Schneider played 4 of the last 6 games with Luongo's wife having a baby before NY's. The results? Vancouver won all 3 roadies over top 8 contenders in the West, 2 with their backup in net.

The Canucks now lead the overall standings. They are 15-1-2 in their last 18 games. Schneider is 7-0-2 in his 9 starts.

The team is fun to watch right now.

Ryan Kesler is a complete stud on ice.

The Sedins are dominating.

This could be their year. Time will tell.

Canucks just completed a 3 games in 4 nights road trip with stops in Dallas, Colorado and San Jose. Backup Cory Schneider played 4 of the last 6 games with Luongo's wife having a baby before NY's. The results? Vancouver won all 3 roadies over top 8 contenders in the West, 2 with their backup in net.

The Canucks now lead the overall standings. They are 15-1-2 in their last 18 games. Schneider is 7-0-2 in his 9 starts.

The team is fun to watch right now.

Ryan Kesler is a complete stud on ice.

The Sedins are dominating.

This could be their year. Time will tell.

Luongo will never win a Stanley Cup.

Luongo will never win a Stanley Cup.

You may very well be right. But on this team, he may not have to be the difference maker. Right now, I like his chances of winning one, better than I like Miller's chance. I'm just sayin'

What happened?

About 5 minutes left in the game McCabe took a shot that went off Pavelec's pad and the puck lodged itself on its side against the bottom of the net. Wasn't even close to being questionable, and it was never even reviewed. There must have been 5 different angles and close-ups of the puck just sitting there. Even 3 different angles of Pavelec picking up the puck from inside the net. You'd have to see it, I'm sure it will be addressed by the NHL. Would have tied the game 3-3. The Panthers are as much to blame as they should have done something about it.It's one thing to have a questionable goal waived off, of Toronto make a bad call on a video review...... but to have an obvious goal not even be reviewed.

Not the NHL, but here's a slapshot so hard that the puck split in two after hitting the post:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=90896

Im wondering what exactly is the issue is? Puck "too" frozen? Shoddy craftmanship on the puck makers part. Something weird had to have happened. Given the amount of posts that are hit on a nightly basis, one would think we'd have seen thus by now.

Im wondering what exactly is the issue is? Puck "too" frozen? Shoddy craftmanship on the puck makers part. Something weird had to have happened. Given the amount of posts that are hit on a nightly basis, one would think we'd have seen thus by now.

I can't watch the video, but I'll throw this suggestion out there. Old/weakened puck?

Brodeur, 5-18-1 with a League-worst .882 save percentage tells coaching staff he's okay with Hedberg playing instead.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=548592

Is he okay with being traded too? How much is a one time great goalie worth that now sucks?

I think if Brodeur got traded to the right situation and got some rest down the stretch, he could very well stand on his head somewhere.

Archived