Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

I assume they wanted to walk away but couldn't. So it now costs 333k to walk away.

Need the extra cap space 4 something? hmmm.

Weird. Why bother qualifying him, then? Basically, they are saying that they can put the $667k that they will save to better use, yet they were willing to qualify him for more than that. Why not let him walk to begin with and put that qualifying money to better use. Were they actively trying to trade him? That's the only thing that would make sense. Maybe, they were offering Gerbe and Kennedy in trade offers, hoping to move one, and now they are trying to get rid of one. I don't know; this is just weird. So many reasons are popping into my head as I type.

is it because he has to clear waivers to be sent to Portland?

They would wait until after camp for that and I doubt that they want to pay him $1 million to play in Portland (his award wasn't a two-way contract, was it?)

Deal for Bobby Ryan?

Kaberle's contract could already fit in our cap, so it couldn't be him.

Something is definitely up, Regier must have read this board and decided he better do something less he see the pitchforks and torches outside HSBC :rolleyes:

But seriously, what could this seriously mean, any rumors out there or any word on why they would do this to Timmy?

Deal for Bobby Ryan?

Kaberle's contract could already fit in our cap, so it couldn't be him.

Something is definitely up, Regier must have read this board and decided he better do something less he see the pitchforks and torches outside HSBC :rolleyes:

But seriously, what could this seriously mean, any rumors out there or any word on why they would do this to Timmy?

Mabye DR was po'd he took them to arbitration in the first place. Seems odd though. Maybe he is setting the tone for future RFA's.

I just don't understand this right now. This is a kid who played great along side Grier this year and played his heart out for the team. Yet we're putting him on waivers? There's no reason to do this BEFORE making a deal when you can just do it afterward to make the cap space. So what's the deal here?

Mabye DR was po'd he took them to arbitration in the first place. Seems odd though. Maybe he is setting the tone for future RFA's.

Why not just attempt to trade him then for a draft pick, any round? Why dump him this way?

Completely strange. I am an optimist, so maybe someone picks up Timmy then Tommy and Larry pocket another mil for themselves?

Didn't someone say they saw Quinn shopping for a new set of blinds? <_<

I think Darcy has lost his marbles.

If this was over the award from arbitration, that is no way to conduct business. This better be for a move, but with now roughly 7 mil in cap space, hell, it better be a couple of moves.

To get rid of Kennedy when the kid really wasn't that bad and the comments Darcy made after the hearings makes no sense right now.

They pay Softstad 2.5 mil for a guy whose play is declining not improving, but they waive a kid like Kennedy who not only has some offensive potential, but also showed a ton of grittiness for a smaller guy? ....AND THEY MIGHT BUY HIM OUT? WTF?

Rumers starting to flow from Bloggers from most of the other NHL teams that the Sabres are going to pick up Richards, Ryan, Drury...etc....etc....

I really have to wonder if this is for another couple of moves? Could we actually see Darcy grow some nuts before our very eyes and transform this roster into something special? He did it with the Drury/Briere acquisitions, but this is so unlike him.....................hhhhmmmmmmmmmm, makes for great speculation though.

I love how somehow Timmy Kennedy is being made out to be the savior of this team now that it looks like he's being cut loose. As recently as a week ago he was being pilloried for being useless to the Sabres, a hometown boy who's only in the team for the sake of it bla bla bla.

Let Darcy hang himself properly with the slack he's been given before running your mouths.

Archived