Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

To be honest, I wish the Sabres would've offered Kennedy a two year deal. He's worth a million per season.

As for Ennis, I assume many people would be disappointed/upset with Darcy if he was sent back to Portland. The Sabres are considered one of the faster teams in the NHL, and Ennis made his teammates look beyond slow in the Boston series. Ennis opened up the game when he was one the ice, and if he wasn't hesitant at certain opportunities, either setup or shooting, he may have been more productive. I have HIGH hopes for Ennis!

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I just don't see any way the kid doesn't make the roster. I would be pissed if they're forced to send him down because Darcy was unable to move some dead weight and he's one of the few still eligible..

edit: Ennis that is.

as for Kennedy, I wouldn't have been too upset with a two year deal, but I do think his arbitration award is a little high.. based on one years worth of experience in which he potted 10 goals or whatever. Don't get me wrong, he's a great third line energy player and does have some offensive upside, but I was surprised he got a million. I hope he stays in Buffalo beyond this season because I think, although he probably won't ever be a 30+ goal scorer, he definitely has a role on this team.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I just don't see any way the kid doesn't make the roster. I would be pissed if they're forced to send him down because Darcy was unable to move some dead weight and he's one of the few still eligible..

It's a ploy to keep him motivated just like they did with Myers last year. He'll be in Buffalo.

There's atleast one trade coming. Word on the street is Buffalo's offer for Kaberle was the one that fit Burkes criteria.

As a reminder............many bloggers and even some of the analysts for Hockey coverage were saying that Buffalo offered Stafford and a young, NHL ready Defenseman (many said it was Butler).

If this is the case, and Burke is holding off to see if a better offer comes along and it doesn't, would Kaberle actually be the PPQB pick up we've been wanting?

Also, there is alot of talk out there about Savard and Wheeler from the Bruins and Stoll from LA. Since Darcy is speaking with some teams right now (or so he claimed in his presser today) outside of Kaberle does anyone actually believe any of these guys are on Darcy's radar? If so, do you believe Darcy makes a trade or 2 by Aug. 15th?

Ok, I'll bite. For a first year NHL player who played primarily on a checking line, some of it at center and some at winger, with no major claim to fame or high draft ranking, what kind of stats were you expecting?

The numbers don't rate a pay increase. I'm sure he is is a good kid and I hope the best for him. It is that right now he is just a mediocre hockey player. I have grown tired of this franchise overpaying mediocre hockey players while quality are signed around the league. Same with Pat Kaleta and most of this roster.

The numbers don't rate a pay increase. I'm sure he is is a good kid and I hope the best for him. It is that right now he is just a mediocre hockey player. I have grown tired of this franchise overpaying mediocre hockey players while quality are signed around the league. Same with Pat Kaleta and most of this roster.

?????? really have you seen the arbitrators other awards???? I think this deal is beyond fair. Your right though a team that won the division last year only keeps and resigns mediocre players? For example, our Vezina winning goalie or our Calder winning defensemen? I kinda feel where your coming from with the likes of Timmy and Drew, but when those deals were signed the sky was the limit for drew and timmy was supposed to be the most creative center in hockey. Look at the Rangers and some other teams around the league we arent even near the top for mediocre signings.

million bucks for...26 points?? i dont get it.

well.times have changed

?????? really have you seen the arbitrators other awards???? I think this deal is beyond fair. Your right though a team that won the division last year only keeps and resigns mediocre players? For example, our Vezina winning goalie or our Calder winning defensemen? I kinda feel where your coming from with the likes of Timmy and Drew, but when those deals were signed the sky was the limit for drew and timmy was supposed to be the most creative center in hockey. Look at the Rangers and some other teams around the league we arent even near the top for mediocre signings.

I don't agree with most arbitration awards. Most are a joke and show that the arbitrators know very little about the NHL. The division win last year means less the monstrosity my dog Joe left in the yard about 20 minutes ago. I have given full credit to Myers and Miller. It doesn't mean the rest of the roster isn't mediocre.

I don't agree with most arbitration awards. Most are a joke and show that the arbitrators know very little about the NHL. The division win last year means less the monstrosity my dog Joe left in the yard about 20 minutes ago. I have given full credit to Myers and Miller. It doesn't mean the rest of the roster isn't mediocre.

Most rosters are?? I mean the blackhawks last year is the closest you can get to not having a mediocre team and look what happened to them. There goaltending and 3 D pairing were beyond mediocre but they broke the bank for everything else. I mean there are a few teams that seem stacked but if you could trade our entire roster for another teams who would you get? I can see people saying the Pens, the capitals and maybe the bruins as the top choices but what other rosters are that much better than ours?

The numbers don't rate a pay increase.

million bucks for...26 points?? i dont get it.

well.times have changed

I'm guessing that his agent pointed out that he was stuck in a checking-line role for much of the season (Lindy's plan to help him improve the defensive portion of his game) and still produced a fair amount there. Then, when placed on the wing of a scoring line down the stretch, his production went up considerably. This isn't a 30 year old banger, who has scored 26 points for the last 10 years (i.e., what you see is what you get.) He's a rookie who's numbers were OK for his role and who showed the potential for more. $1 million is a little high, but I can see what the arbiter was thinking. If he is given the opportunity to play the whole season on a scoring line, do you think his production will be anywhere near 26 points? I get the frustrations about Darcy's stagnancy, but the extra $200k, give or take, that Timmy is getting isn't keeping him from making real moves.

I'm guessing that his agent pointed out that he was stuck in a checking-line role for much of the season (Lindy's plan to help him improve the defensive portion of his game) and still produced a fair amount there. Then, when placed on the wing of a scoring line down the stretch, his production went up considerably. This isn't a 30 year old banger, who has scored 26 points for the last 10 years (i.e., what you see is what you get.) He's a rookie who's numbers were OK for his role and who showed the potential for more. $1 million is a little high, but I can see what the arbiter was thinking. If he is given the opportunity to play the whole season on a scoring line, do you think his production will be anywhere near 26 points? I get the frustrations about Darcy's stagnancy, but the extra $200k, give or take, that Timmy is getting isn't keeping him from making real moves.

You missed the point on this one. Guess charts can't show everything.

You missed the point on this one. Guess charts can't show everything.

I think we're all missing your point. I think one million is a steal, especially for the reward the general and others have gotten. Who made 1 mil on this team last year ???? 1 mil for kennedy is the going rate regin got a similar deal also.

No one has EVER said this.

Did they say it exactly like that no but read these....

did they say the most creative center in hockey no im sorry. But they do describe a player worth the contract he has and we all know he simply is not.

That second link had the 20 hottest surfer babes in the world link on it. I suggest everyone check that list out. HUBBA HUBBA! ;)

well you make a reasonable statement.to be honest i didnt see enough of the sabes last yr to fairly judge kennedy.its just a different era though when his production(checking line or not)merits a mil.

Archived