Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

He can't stand to make much based on one year of NHL hockey. Then again, the payouts from these hearings always seem to surprise. It won't go that far though. They'll work something out ahead of time.

Yeah, it's not like Darcy would wait too long to get something done.

I just read that video is not allowed in the arbitration hearings.

The arbitration hearing should be a lovely experience for this fragile little kid. The Recchi hit will be playing on a loop -- down and to the left! Down and to the left! Again! Down and to the left!

Hopefully you are kidding because Kennedy is anything but a fragile little kid. That Recchi play was simply about experience and I guarantee you, if it happens again, the result will be different.

Is there anybody you would want from that list in case the teams turn down the arbitration rulings?

Ben Eager. Maybe Wisniewski.

Interesting! I was thinking of Wisniewski as well. I almost stuck my neck out and said that I wanted the Elephant Man as well (given that I wouldn't mind having a halfway decent fighter on the team), but I don't know of too many Flyers players who would want to come play for us.

Peter Regin of the Sens played pretty good last season, he has a sniper's shot

Tomas Fleischmann, Jeff Schultz of the Caps were decent too, but can't say if that was a team effect or they made the team more effective

Hopefully you are kidding because Kennedy is anything but a fragile little kid. That Recchi play was simply about experience and I guarantee you, if it happens again, the result will be different.

I recognize his feistiness but he doesn't strike me off the ice as someone who is mature and confident. Almost Derek Plantian. I would be concerned that the rough and tumble arbitration process ("here's why you're not worth the money, kid") could set him back emotionally.

I recognize his feistiness but he doesn't strike me off the ice as someone who is mature and confident. Almost Derek Plantian. I would be concerned that the rough and tumble arbitration process ("here's why you're not worth the money, kid") could set him back emotionally.

You are making an assumption of his character based on his appearance? You're better then that.

I can tell you he is very tough mentally but you would have to take my word for it. A better example would be his selection by the "revered" Brian Burke to the world championship team. That pick was based almost entirely on his feistiness.

Lastly, I doubt it ever makes it to arb.

You are making an assumption of his character based on his appearance? You're better then that.

I can tell you he is very tough mentally but you would have to take my word for it. A better example would be his selection by the "revered" Brian Burke to the world championship team. That pick was based almost entirely on his feistiness.

Lastly, I doubt it ever makes it to arb.

Fair enough. I've criticized others for doing what I did.

I just wonder how many young players who've gone through the arbitration process have emerged unscathed.

I'm with you on this. How do you feel about Eager and/or Wiesniewski?

That's because he looks like a 13 year old.

These arbitration hearings are never good news though. Sucks to set the team and the player at odds.

That's because he looks like a 13 year old.

These arbitration hearings are never good news though. Sucks to set the team and the player at odds.

I still say he moonlights as Tricia Cruz. (Channel 4 news reporter for punks like you who left WNY.) :)

Their mouths work the same way. That's what Derek said!

Archived