Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

Got a chance to talk with Tim Kennedy over the weekend. He's pretty cool. I think many people lump him in with the 19-22 yr olds out there. In person he's not at all like that. Very professional.

When I asked if "he was him" he said "Hello, I'm Tim Kennedy, very nice to meet you" Sure, they have their one liners from the Sabres office on how to handle the fans. After talking for a couple minutes he realized I wasn't some crazed fan and had a nice talk. Thanks Tim.

Oh BTW, he looks much bigger in person.

His arbitration hearing is July 27th.

Got a chance to talk with Tim Kennedy over the weekend. He's pretty cool. I think many people lump him in with the 19-22 yr olds out there. In person he's not at all like that. Very professional.

When I asked if "he was him" he said "Hello, I'm Tim Kennedy, very nice to meet you" Sure, they have their one liners from the Sabres office on how to handle the fans. After talking for a couple minutes he realized I wasn't some crazed fan and had a nice talk. Thanks Tim.

How did you pull THAT off? ;)

How's girth?

Hopefully you are kidding because Kennedy is anything but a fragile little kid. That Recchi play was simply about experience and I guarantee you, if it happens again, the result will be different.

Kennedy played the puck normal so this was about playoff seasoning experience and not about fragile or hard. The difference was Recchi knew taking a minor penalty was worth the risk. No call and it was a vetran's play.

FWIW, The General is going to arbitration and expected to get 2 mill. Atlanta won't pay. Those picks look good about now.

Correct, they won't. I'm better than Eck!

Patrick Kaleta has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Buffalo Sabres. Not sure of money.

General was arbied 2.4 million.

Geez. Another example of a silly arbitration award. Mac had 16-19-35, including 1 goal and 2 assists in the Thrashers' last 10 games while they were still in the playoff hunt. Guys like that are a dime a dozen and freely available for $1MM or so. Would anyone in the NHL want him for $2.4MM?

Geez. Another example of a silly arbitration award. Mac had 16-19-35, including 1 goal and 2 assists in the Thrashers' last 10 games while they were still in the playoff hunt. Guys like that are a dime a dozen and freely available for $1MM or so. Would anyone in the NHL want him for $2.4MM?

Take a look at Todd White, same team, 2.375 cap hit. While he had a good year, numbers are close.

Take a look at Todd White, same team, 2.375 cap hit. While he had a good year, numbers are close.

You make a good point, but I think it also points out the inherent flaw in the system -- there will always be overpaid comparables that have an inflationary effect on the arbitration awards.

I'll be very surprised if Clarkie gets $2MM per year as a UFA.

Separately: Kennedy's hearing is set for next Tuesday per ESPN. I hope he works out a deal with DR before then, as I think the process usually damages the player--team relationship.

Now take a look at the numbers that White put up the year BEFORE he was awarded that contract. That one season was just short of MacArthur's entire career.

Mason Raymond just finished his hearing and they gave him 2 years 2.5 and 2.6million. 23 and 53 pts in his last two seasons respectively. So, a bit more than Mac (2 years instead of just one), but fairly close $ wise. Way too much for MacArthur in my book.

Kennedy arbitration hearing is tomorrow. Anyone think they settle today with these bigger awards? He did have 26 points or about a third of these guys.

1.5 million? 1.9?

Wait a second. His agent closed the deal just before they were going to walk in to see the arbitrator. That's really last minute.

Archived