Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

Mason Raymond just finished his hearing and they gave him 2 years 2.5 and 2.6million. 23 and 53 pts in his last two seasons respectively. So, a bit more than Mac (2 years instead of just one), but fairly close $ wise. Way too much for MacArthur in my book.

Kennedy arbitration hearing is tomorrow. Anyone think they settle today with these bigger awards? He did have 26 points or about a third of these guys.

1.5 million? 1.9?

Wait a second. His agent closed the deal just before they were going to walk in to see the arbitrator. That's really last minute.

1.5 million is my thinking as well.

I'd like to wish good luck to Tim. Go stick it to the man!

Every dollar Tim Kennedy gets is one less dollar on the offer sheet for Bobby Ryan that surely will be forthcoming the minute arbitration concludes, right DR and LQ?

I think the arbitrator rules right away. The 48 hours is the time the team has to walk away or accept.

Actually, the 48 hours is for the arbitrator to render their decision.

"A decision must be made within 48 hours of the hearing. When the decision is announced, the team has the right to decline, or "walk away" from the award. If the team exercises this right, the player can declare himself an unrestricted free agent."

Yeah, I'm all for seeing if the system is broken, but I'd prefer not to find out that it is on one of our players.

Quite honestly, I think an award of around $1.3 million would support the idea that the system is broken, but it's far from the amount that would send him packing to the UFA camp.

I think the arbitrator rules right away. The 48 hours is the time the team has to walk away or accept.

Do you really think I would have answered my own question without looking it up?

12.5 (m) (i) Each salary arbitration decision must

be issued by fax to each of the parties within 48 hours of the

close of the hearing, provided that for arbitrations held

on Friday, within 72 hours of the close of the hearing.

Do you really think I would have answered my own question without looking it up?

12.5 (m) (i) Each salary arbitration decision must

be issued by fax to each of the parties within 48 hours of the

close of the hearing, provided that for arbitrations held

on Friday, within 72 hours of the close of the hearing.

Not to be a stickler but its (n).

Archived