Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

So, if Timmy and the Club went before the Arbitrator on July 27th at 5pm GMT, when can we expect to hear the ruling?

Or, does anyone actually believe Darcy and Timmy's agent can come to a contract agreement prior to the release of the Arby's decision?

I would think that Tim/his agent know that if they make a deal now they will probably only lose money, so I wouldn't expect that to happen. On the other hand, this is taking a whole lot longer than I originally anticipated...

You over bid chz, :nana: , but so did I........ :doh:

How much cap space does that leave Buffalo if he signs, and how many players will be signed?

With Tim, 22 players 'signed'. 14 forwards, 6 D, and 2 goalies.

About $4,000,000 in cap space.

If they start the year without Gerbe and Ennis it would add another $1.725 million to cap space.

So $5,814,643 in cap space. This includes playoff bonuses for Grier and Nieds.

Now this is funny. I posted in the comments of Bucky's Kennedy article that Tim got his award of $1 million some time around 2:15 today. I go back just now to look at Harrington's article @2:30 about Tim getting signed and my Bucky comment is gone.

If they start the year without ... Ennis

perish the thought. loved that kid in the spring of 2010.

I wonder if that's the lowest arbitration award of all time... well, post-lockout anyway.

i gotta think so.

Now this is funny. I posted in the comments of Bucky's Kennedy article that Tim got his award of $1 million some time around 2:15 today. I go back just now to look at Harrington's article @2:30 about Tim getting signed and my Bucky comment is gone.

interesting. i will say this, though, the BN online has a funky way of re-formatting articles/posts sometimes such that comments don't tag along (it's happened to me, absent the scoop angle you have here). is that what happened here possibly? or did they just straight jack your scoop?

"12.10 Walk-Away Rights for Player-Elected Salary Arbitration.

(a) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a one-year SPC, and the award issued is

for $1,042,173 or more per annum, then the Club may, within forty-eight (48) hours after

the award of the Salary Arbitrator is issued (or, if a Club has any other Player still eligible

for salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not been rendered by a

Salary Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still has a walk-away right available to it in

such League Year pursuant to paragraph © below, forty-eight (48) hours after the award

of the Salary Arbitrator for such other Player is issued or that Player's arbitration case is

settled), notify the Player or his Certified Agent, if any, the NHLPA and the NHL in

writing, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, that it does not intend to tender to the Player

an SPC based on the award as determined by the Salary Arbitrator. Upon receipt of that

notice, the Player shall automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free Agent."

This was player elected arbitration right? So if I'm reading this right, don't the Sabres HAVE to accept it, since the award was only $1,000,000? Help me out Chz.

EDIT: nvm, you snuck it in there while I was typing. :oops:

"12.10 Walk-Away Rights for Player-Elected Salary Arbitration.

(a) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a one-year SPC, and the award issued is

for $1,042,173 or more per annum, then the Club may, within forty-eight (48) hours after

the award of the Salary Arbitrator is issued (or, if a Club has any other Player still eligible

for salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not been rendered by a

Salary Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still has a walk-away right available to it in

such League Year pursuant to paragraph © below, forty-eight (48) hours after the award

of the Salary Arbitrator for such other Player is issued or that Player's arbitration case is

settled), notify the Player or his Certified Agent, if any, the NHLPA and the NHL in

writing, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, that it does not intend to tender to the Player

an SPC based on the award as determined by the Salary Arbitrator. Upon receipt of that

notice, the Player shall automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free Agent."

This was player elected arbitration right? So if I'm reading this right, don't the Sabres HAVE to accept it, since the award was only $1,000,000? Help me out Chz.

Look up.

That minimum was set back in 2005 and goes up with the cap so it's prolly more like $1,611,180 now.

So, here's my table of the team as I currently see it:

post-1053-046441500 1280433965_thumb.jpg

Just over $6 million in cap space for a full roster with a couple of prospects (Gerbe, Gragnani, Kassian, etc.) pushing to come up. So, we could be looking at cheap, easy and meh for the offseason, but there's also room for a wow. I know we're all skeptical about the latter, but at least the opportunity is there. Now, we wait and see, expecting the worst, but hoping for the best over the next month.

With Tim, 22 players 'signed'. 14 forwards, 6 D, and 2 goalies.

About $4,000,000 in cap space.

If they start the year without Gerbe and Ennis it would add another $1.725 million to cap space.

So $5,814,643 in cap space. This includes playoff bonuses for Grier and Nieds.

I think its closer to $6.6 available including Gerbe and Ennis.

Just over $6 million in cap space for a full roster with a couple of prospects (Gerbe, Gragnani, Kassian, etc.) pushing to come up. So, we could be looking at cheap, easy and meh for the offseason, but there's also room for a wow. I know we're all skeptical about the latter, but at least the opportunity is there. Now, we wait and see, expecting the worst, but hoping for the best over the next month.

...especially if they trade one of the underperforming forwards.

Not any "breaking news" by any means, but a couple highlights from the Tim Kennedy presser:

1.) Crag Rivet expected to be ready for training camp and season opener

2.) Darcy said there's "one or two things" that theyd look at doing if they can get it done, but for the most part they're gearing up for the season with the current roster.

3.) Expects a competitive camp, and says they have flexibility with a few guys still able to go to Portland. I hope this doesn't mean he'll put Ennis in Portland to slim down the roster. :unsure:

Not any "breaking news" by any means, but a couple highlights from the Tim Kennedy presser:

1.) Crag Rivet expected to be ready for training camp and season opener

I hate to pat myself on the back too hard but given the ridiculous amount of scrutiny I received for stating this months ago, I'm given myself a litttle love right now. Let's hope idont get the sock pregnant.

I hate to pat myself on the back too hard but given the ridiculous amount of scrutiny I received for stating this months ago, I'm given myself a litttle love right now. Let's hope idont get the sock pregnant.

I hear ya -- I, too, made a few posts stating that according to all reports Rivet was going to be back in time for the season. That has been the plan the whole time. I don't know who started the whole "he'll be out until at least November/December" thing.

Guest Sloth

To be honest, I wish the Sabres would've offered Kennedy a two year deal. He's worth a million per season.

As for Ennis, I assume many people would be disappointed/upset with Darcy if he was sent back to Portland. The Sabres are considered one of the faster teams in the NHL, and Ennis made his teammates look beyond slow in the Boston series. Ennis opened up the game when he was one the ice, and if he wasn't hesitant at certain opportunities, either setup or shooting, he may have been more productive. I have HIGH hopes for Ennis!

Archived