Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

Thye've got 9.6 mill in cap space left and still need 4 forwards, 2 dmen and a goalie. Jeesh. Most likely means that some or most of their UFA's are goin' bye bye. Any takers?

G Nabokov, Evgeni »UFA - $5.4m D Wallin, Niclas »UFA - $1.7m F Nichol, Scott »UFA - $0.8m F Malhotra, Manny »UFA - $0.7m F Ortmeyer, Jed »UFA - $0.6m F Vesce, Ryan »UFA - $0.6m F Sterling, Brett »UFA - $0.5m D Groulx, Danny »UFA - $0.5m D Callahan, Joe »UFA - $0.5m G Doyle, Frank »UFA - $0.5m F Helminen, Dwight »UFA - $0.5m D Leach, Jay »UFA - $0.5m

Wallin and Maholtra. :)

This actually could help Buffalo move Connolly. Lot of teams looking for a #1 center and as much as we bash him, myself included, there is a market for a player with his skill set.

Not only that but it also means nobody in the East is adding him to their team since Buffalo was never getting him anyway....good news all around

This actually could help Buffalo move Connolly. Lot of teams looking for a #1 center and as much as we bash him, myself included, there is a market for a player with his skill set.

My thoughts exactly. Except, I was thinking Roy, but no matter. Roy, Connolly, which ever one is dealt, I fully agree tom, as Darcy's options get some funneling, moves like this also present the same situation to other teams looking for a skill set Center. Good call.

Now, who is the bonehead :unsure: ...errr :blink: .....I mean GM :) that would turn their attention to a Connolly/Roy type player for a deal?

Reports out of Toronto, a deal about to go down. May include either Dallas or Buffalo.

Anyone have an inside track on this one?

ESPNLeBrun

Leafs source on trade talks: "Things are heating up"

"It should be noted there are more than two deals I am following involving Toronto. Kaberle likely not the first deal to happen"

about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter

take this for what its worth, mike augello on hockeybuzz said that pierre lebrun on a radio station this afternoon has buffalo and los angeles as two very interested teams right now.

Reports out of Toronto, a deal about to go down. May include either Dallas or Buffalo.

Anyone have an inside track on this one?

ESPNLeBrun

Leafs source on trade talks: "Things are heating up"

"It should be noted there are more than two deals I am following involving Toronto. Kaberle likely not the first deal to happen"

about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter

take this for what its worth, mike augello on hockeybuzz said that pierre lebrun on a radio station this afternoon has buffalo and los angeles as two very interested teams right now.

Interesting, but what do they have that the Sabres would want other than Kaberle?

I put this in the Florida thread but I'll add it here since it mentions TO also.

So according to DARREN DREGER over at TSN

"Florida Panthers' general manager Dale Tallon is shopping 15th overall.

He's willing to package another player with it to attract an offensive forward, or would consider a collection of draft picks in return."

So could Darcy pull off a trade with Florida where the Sabres get that 15th pick in a trade that includes Connolly? Then Darcy makes a trade with Toronto to move that 15th and Stafford for Kaberle?

Boy, what a world that would be.

What I read is that there are five solid offers for Kaberle on the table right now but Burke is going to take his time and see how the draft shakes out first. He may wait until July.

If he gets any picks in the deal, by waiting until July he'd have to wait until next year's draft to actually use that pick. Has there been much talk about the strength of next year's draft yet? I've really only heard about one guy from that class so far.

Not only that but it also means nobody in the East is adding him to their team since Buffalo was never getting him anyway....good news all around

There is a downside. It's take a big chip off of the board and those teams that were looking to maybe pickup Marleau will spend that money and it may cause a ripple effect taking a player the Sabres might be interested away from the Sabres.

What I read is that there are five solid offers for Kaberle on the table right now but Burke is going to take his time and see how the draft shakes out first. He may wait until July.

Burke cannot wait until July. Kaberle's NTC window is only open until midnight, June 30th. Come 12:01 July 1st, Kaberle cannot be moved unless he waives his NTC.

Somewhere along the line, the way Regier operates changed, which means it can change again. I'm not going to assume the same exact offseason as the last couple because then there is absolutely no point of paying attention to this offseason at all. And for the record, you're not one of the people I was referring to. You actually present your thoughts in a mostly rational way.

I apologise for that :D ;)

Burke cannot wait until July. Kaberle's NTC window is only open until midnight, June 30th. Come 12:01 July 1st, Kaberle cannot be moved unless he waives his NTC.

Everything that I've seen says that the window runs through August 15.

Everything that I've seen says that the window runs through August 15.

You are correct, the NTC is lifted on the 1st and goes back into affect on the 15th of August.

The only way a move is made tomorrow is if he is willing to waive his NTC. I have a feeling that if a deal is going to be made, its going to be tomorrow cause Burke needs an early pick tomorrow and won't want to wait til next year.

Having seen a lot of Wallin over the past few years, I can't say I'd be thrilled to have him. Rather have Lydman or Tallinder to be honest.

Malhotra would be a great fit.

I know Wallin is older and is pretty much a defensive defenseman, but what is it that you don't like about his play? My guess is that he would come at 1/2 the price of Lydman or Tallinder.

I know Wallin is older and is pretty much a defensive defenseman, but what is it that you don't like about his play? My guess is that he would come at 1/2 the price of Lydman or Tallinder.

If you take anything away from reading this board it's that Wallin doesn't fit the profile of a good defenseman. He is far too physical and blocks far too many shots.

Personally I think Wallin would be a nice piece of the puzzle for the Sabres. He would be a physical upgrade on the blue-line.

If you take anything away from reading this board it's that Wallin doesn't fit the profile of a good defenseman. He is far too physical and blocks far too many shots.

Personally I think Wallin would be a nice piece of the puzzle for the Sabres. He would be a physical upgrade on the blue-line.

You guys are spending a lot of time on a 35 year old guy who is said to be returning to Sweden.

Archived