Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

To Montreal: Dustin Boyd (C/W), Dan Ellis (G), future considerations

To Nashville: Sergei Kostitsyn, future considerations

Per TSN.

Interesting that all they could get for the disgruntled Kostitsyn was 2 days of negotiating rights to an average goalie and a no-name forward with pedestrian stats.

To Montreal: Dustin Boyd (C/W), Dan Ellis (G), future considerations

To Nashville: Sergei Kostitsyn, future considerations

Per TSN.

Interesting that all they could get for the disgruntled Kostitsyn was 2 days of negotiating rights to an average goalie and a no-name forward with pedestrian stats.

An UFA and an RFA for a RFA. Good luck with that.

yeah if you dont get 50 goals you suck at hockey.

Especially if you don't score 50.

He's a lockerroom cancer. :pirate:

Would you take Dan Ellis over Lalime?

Nice pickup for Burke. Not a player on top of my Sabres wish list but still a nice pickup.

Price was a big (physically) roster forward in Stalberg and two decent center prospects. None looks like a top-six forward, so they lose some low line depth, but get a producing forward. Good deal for them.

Confirmed on TSN now.

Price was a big (physically) roster forward in Stalberg and two decent center prospects. None looks like a top-six forward, so they lose some low line depth, but get a producing forward. Good deal for them.

Confirmed on TSN now.

Next question was Darcy even on the phone for this one. I've thought they shoulda RFA's him last year.

I would have like to have seen Versteeg in Buffalo.

Was the price to high? Not really.

Burke is building a winner in Toronto. They will be competetive in a couple of years and stocked with young talent. Looks like he is on the road to success in Toronto.

The Versteeg deal isn't bad for Toronto, which is dying for offense. I don't think the Sabres needed another 5'9", 159-lb scorer though.

The hardest part about this time of year is to remember that not every deal is a good fit for every team. I will need to remind my self later tonight while I load the car up with tar and feathers and head towards the HSBC.

The hardest part about this time of year is to remember that not every deal is a good fit for every team. I will need to remind my self later tonight while I load the car up with tar and feathers and head towards the HSBC.

Ok, who hijacked Deluca's account? :w00t:

Lightning trade Andrej Meszaros to Flyers for a 2nd Round pick via TS.

Man, Tampa's got tons of cap available. Kovy?

If Andrej Meszaros is in - in Philadelphia - who might be out? Are there cap concerns enough to ensure the departure of a significant player or two? Might we yet see Scott Hartnell in Buffalo?

If Andrej Meszaros is in - in Philadelphia - who might be out? Are there cap concerns enough to ensure the departure of a significant player or two? Might we yet see Scott Hartnell in Buffalo?

Flyers are up to $57.35m @ 19 players with Coburn re-signing.

The Versteeg deal isn't bad for Toronto, which is dying for offense. I don't think the Sabres needed another 5'9", 159-lb scorer though.

I tend to agree. With the current list of FA's, my fingers are crossed for Lombardi to Buffalo, and Mason or Biron as the backup.

It should be an interesting day.

Archived