Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

Oh yes they are...Chicago's financial woes have been well documented and Philly's just got a lot worse with Hamhuis coming on board. Players will fall - trust me.

Philly has 12 million to sign 5 players, they will make it work. Chicago will send down Huet, and trade Campbell or Hossa and have 10-12 million to fill out their roster with rookies and scrubs which is all they will need with how top heavy they are.

HABS RESIGN PLEKANEC to multi year deal.

Another one bites the dust. (Options for Darcy)

(Someone should post that song as Darcy's battle cry)

https://twitter.com/...tus/16792868881

Meh, we already have one of those in Roy. Roughly same size, year older slightly better stats and Roy is only 4 mill instead of 5.

...aaaand cue Deluca stating that Darcy never even picked up the phone to inquire about Horton, as if he could somehow possibly know that. :lol:

very nice.

Good. No idea what the hype is about. I've seen this guy play a dozen times in person and the best word I could use to describe his play is apathetic. And he's getting $14M over the next 3 years. This team needs players with character, heart and toughness....none of which would be used to describe Horton.

Good scouting info. Thanks.

Oh yes they are...Chicago's financial woes have been well documented and Philly's just got a lot worse with Hamhuis coming on board. Players will fall - trust me.

You're awfully new to be instructing us to trust you ... but since I agree with you on this point -- I trust you! I do!

I am still very hopeful something does transpire this off season, but currently, all I see is a Tallinder and Lydman resigning.

I think there is one chance in 3 that one of them re-signs, and zero chance that both re-sign.

HABS RESIGN PLEKANEC to multi year deal.

Another one bites the dust. (Options for Darcy)

(Someone should post that song as Darcy's battle cry)

https://twitter.com/...tus/16792868881

Meh, we already have one of those in Roy. Roughly same size, year older slightly better stats and Roy is only 4 mill instead of 5.

Agree w/the chz -- No thanks on Plekky (who, like Roy, also disappeared in the playoffs) esp. at $5MM x 6 years.

Philly has 12 million to sign 5 players, they will make it work. Chicago will send down Huet, and trade Campbell or Hossa and have 10-12 million to fill out their roster with rookies and scrubs which is all they will need with how top heavy they are.

I think Philly will make it work and that Chicago will send Huet down if they have to. I don't think they will trade Hossa or find anyone to take Soupy -- so they will have to trade someone like Versteeg, Boland or both.

Part of what you need to remember with Chicago is that thanks to the bonuses that kicked in for Toews/Kane, Chicago actually exceeded the cap last year. Thanks to that, their cap this upcoming season is actually lower than the rest of the NHL. So yes, they can free up space with some of those moves, but they are dealing from a shortened deck. They will find the moves that get them under the cap, but they won't be the same team they were this year.

Part of what you need to remember with Chicago is that thanks to the bonuses that kicked in for Toews/Kane, Chicago actually exceeded the cap last year. Thanks to that, their cap this upcoming season is actually lower than the rest of the NHL. So yes, they can free up space with some of those moves, but they are dealing from a shortened deck. They will find the moves that get them under the cap, but they won't be the same team they were this year.

Good call. I think the cap hit for next year relating to those bonuses is something like $4MM -- so their effective cap for next year is $55.6MM instead of $59.6MM.

nfreeman, I may be new to this board, but I'm not new to hockey. In fact I'm probably one of the oldest guys here.

A brief sports chronology:

1954 - became a Cleveland Browns fan

1959 - saw my first AHL Bison game

1960 - attended my first (and only) Bills practice. Came away laughing, vowed never to attend again.

1964 - realized that hockey is 10x superior to football as a sport, became a Blackhawks fan

1970 - was there when the Sabres dropped the first puck. Season ticket holder

1975 - learned to skate, played hockey for 17 years in Buffalo, Philly, Connecticut, and even in a Lake Placid tournament

1988 - co-founded the Buffalo Hockey League, still the BEST fantasy league out there (inquires welcome)

1998 - Browns left Cleveland, I said goodbye to the NFL forever

I fly my Sabres flag all year round. And am on a constant crusade to get the Sabres the same coverage as the Bills. Communicate with Steve Jones (Buffalo News sports editor) on a regular basis - always trying to increase hockey's coverage. (I would recommend you do the same)

So that's what I'm about.

nfreeman, I may be new to this board, but I'm not new to hockey. In fact I'm probably one of the oldest guys here. I saw my first AHL Bison game in 1959 with a buddy of mine (not my dad).

I know hockey. You can trust me on that too.

Welcome! As an old guy myself, I appreciate a voice of reason and experience.

...aaaand cue Deluca stating that Darcy never even picked up the phone to inquire about Horton, as if he could somehow possibly know that. :lol:

I know one of two things happened.

1) Regier never called and tried to make a deal.

or

2) Regier called and tried to get Horton and failed.

Another thing I know is that the Bruins just got better. Not a good thing to see especially when that tema knocked the Sabres out of the playoffs in six games.

Good. No idea what the hype is about. I've seen this guy play a dozen times in person and the best word I could use to describe his play is apathetic. And he's getting $14M over the next 3 years. This team needs players with character, heart and toughness....none of which would be used to describe Horton.

Just an observers opinion mind you, but you'll change this tune once he's on Savards wing.

You may want to contimplate that Boston did indeed, get much better today. They are going after it and with a first good move I might add. They'll be beating up on this Sabres team on the score sheet if they continue to make shrewed moves such as this, atleast IMHO.

I know one of two things happened.

1) Regier never called and tried to make a deal.

or

2) Regier called and tried to get Horton and failed.

Another thing I know is that the Bruins just got better. Not a good thing to see especially when that tema knocked the Sabres out of the playoffs in six games.

If only I was so good at knowing for sure what was on both sides of a quarter, I'd be a genius like you too.

would it be a stupid idea to get campbell back?

if they choose not to keep lyds and tallinder and can give Chicago some cheaper prospects we may not want, then it might not be so bad. I expect if it were to happen we would be dumping salary in some sort of three way trade.

if they choose not to keep lyds and tallinder and can give Chicago some cheaper prospects we may not want, then it might not be so bad. I expect if it were to happen we would be dumping salary in some sort of three way trade.

that doesnt sound like a bad idea, but i would to keep lydman if possible.

What if Sharp came in the deal? Roy, Sekera, Stafford? Just throwing against the wall...

Well, I think if Chicago can unload Soupy and not take any salary back, they don't need to unload anyone else.

However, I would give those 3 up AND a #1 in a heartbeat to get Soupy and Sharp.

There goes any hope of you being a genius.

Well, I think if Chicago can unload Soupy and not take any salary back, they don't need to unload anyone else.

However, I would give those 3 up AND a #1 in a heartbeat to get Soupy and Sharp.

Some days I feel like Mark Wahlberg in 'The Happening.' I have no idea what is happening to the people around me. Maybe people need to take a deep breath and take a good long look at the remainder of Campbell's contract. Based on return and value his contract is worse than Vanek's and Pominville's. WTF people?

Archived