Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

Unfortunately, if Dallas trades a center, it will probably be Ribeiro, not Richards. Can you imagine Ribeiro/Roy as our #1/#2?! We might not win a Cup, but we'd be a shoo in for an Oscar ... or maybe a gold medal in diving.

lol,

all kidding put aside, I was never one to sound the horn on the Chicago front. But dam carpandean, what I would not give to have Regier knock our socks off with something the fans can really dream about.

:)

None of these individual trades have me upset, but it's the fact that many of the better organizations are able to address their needs while the Sabres do nothing. How does Darcy keep his job?

I'll agree with the bolded part. Horton and a few others are the only real trades that have happened with a few teams involved. We don't have cap problems or UFA's that people want rights to, so I don't expect much right now.

But still, the address their needs part, you don't think Chicago wanted to keep Byfuglien (276lbs), Sopel (211 lbs), and Eager (225lbs) to address their needs?

None of these individual trades have me upset, but it's the fact that many of the better organizations are able to address their needs while the Sabres do nothing. How does Darcy keep his job?

Many? What is it, 6 teams that have made trades so far? I hope the other 24 fanbases are going as bat ###### insane as many here are.

Many? What is it, 6 teams that have made trades so far? I hope the other 24 fanbases are going as bat ###### insane as many here are.

How many of those other 24 team's front offices have made impact trades in the last seven years? It's just not about this year. It's a culmination of many years of the Sabres sitting on the sidelines with their minimalist front office style.

[/b]

How many of those other 24 team's front offices have made impact trades in the last seven years? It's just not about this year. It's a culmination of many years of the Sabres sitting on the sidelines with their minimalist front office style.

Do you want in retrospect (the Canadiens look like geniuses) or what we saw at the time (Canadiens looked like idiots)? Either way, there are plenty of teams that didn't make impact trades. And I'm sure, DeLuca, that any trade I mention, you'll say was an "impact trade." ######, I could say the sky is blue, and you'd say it's grey. Wait, it is grey in your world. You'd say it's green or something instead.

According to Burke he's had 4 solid offers for Kaberle and 8 other teams have shown interest. Just Brian being Brian trying to raise the stakes or is there some truth to it? Could the Sabres be 1 of the 4 that have made an offer?

According to Burke he's had 4 solid offers for Kaberle and 8 other teams have shown interest. Just Brian being Brian trying to raise the stakes or is there some truth to it? Could the Sabres be 1 of the 4 that have made an offer?

The Sabres were 1 of the 2 when the season ended

Do you want in retrospect (the Canadiens look like geniuses) or what we saw at the time (Canadiens looked like idiots)? Either way, there are plenty of teams that didn't make impact trades. And I'm sure, DeLuca, that any trade I mention, you'll say was an "impact trade." ######, I could say the sky is blue, and you'd say it's grey. Wait, it is grey in your world. You'd say it's green or something instead.

Don't confuse what you saw and what I saw. I gave the Habs full marks for what they did last summer. No "retrospect" from me in regards to the Habs. And there wont be any next season in regards to the Bruins. Those two front offices have something the Sabres' front office doesn't, ballz.

As far as "Impact." Taking into account what was considered "impact" last season it is guaranteed my bar is raised a lot higher than many on this board. Who were the players looked at to make a impact last off-season? Montador and Clarke MacArthur. One was billed as a top four defenseman and the other a top six forward. How did they turn out?

You know for a fact Regiers made an offer?

I doubt it. I haven't heard any reports of Brian Burke seen laughing hysterically.

I ask again, what would Burke want from the Sabres? Gaustad? Ennis? The problem is that Burke coverts most what the Sabres just don't have much of, grit and toughness. Burke wouldn't take the majority of the Sabres roster even is he could get them for free and they played for free.

That is the exact type of move that Buffalo should have been involved in. Make a impact.

I'm not sure this is really much of an impact move, other than the impact of the loss on Chicago when the playoffs roll around next year. Byfuglien had 34 points this season and the rest of the guys that moved are marginal. This won't do much for Atlanta.

Maybe he's saving those picks for something bigger!!

Sarcasm or no, this is a real possibility.

Tell me Staal, Richards (both of them), or some serious center is being considered.

Are you kidding? Enough already with Staal. It's ridiculous.

Don't confuse what you saw and what I saw. I gave the Habs full marks for what they did last summer. No "retrospect" from me in regards to the Habs. And there wont be any next season in regards to the Bruins. Those two front offices have something the Sabres' front office doesn't, ballz.

As far as "Impact." Taking into account what was considered "impact" last season it is guaranteed my bar is raised a lot higher than many on this board. Who were the players looked at to make a impact last off-season? Montador and Clarke MacArthur. One was billed as a top four defenseman and the other a top six forward. How did they turn out?

You did indeed credit the Habs last summer. I wouldn't congratulate yourself too much though. They have the look of a flash in the pan who rode a hot goalie to 2 (admittedly great) series wins against opponents who took their feet off the gas.

As for Montador and MacArthur -- Montador did what he was brought in to do -- provide solid D and more toughness than the guys he replaced. He was 3rd in ice time on the team during the playoffs. No one thought he was going to be Pronger. And I don't think anyone thought MacArthur was going to be an impact player.

I'm not sure this is really much of an impact move, other than the impact of the loss on Chicago when the playoffs roll around next year. Byfuglien had 34 points this season and the rest of the guys that moved are marginal. This won't do much for Atlanta.

Sarcasm or no, this is a real possibility.

Are you kidding? Enough already with Staal. It's ridiculous.

You did indeed credit the Habs last summer. I wouldn't congratulate yourself too much though. They have the look of a flash in the pan who rode a hot goalie to 2 (admittedly great) series wins against opponents who took their feet off the gas.

As for Montador and MacArthur -- Montador did what he was brought in to do -- provide solid D and more toughness than the guys he replaced. He was 3rd in ice time on the team during the playoffs. No one thought he was going to be Pronger. And I don't think anyone thought MacArthur was going to be an impact player.

There were posters last season that insisted that MacArthur was a top six forward. I don't think Montador gave the physical presence he was billed to have had. He was however much better offensively than anyone thought. He was definitely one of the better Sabres defensemen. Considering my thoughts on the Sabres defense I'm not sure that is a compliment.

Obviously not the point look at the moves teams like Philly, Pitt, SJ, Chicago, NJ, have made over the last few years to compete for a cup. They seem to make the necessary moves to try and win a cup, granted it does not always work but at least there is some hope. Another year of the same Darcy story is not something I'm interested in hearing.

Ok. So why get rid of a 25 year old former 3rd overall pick who is under contract for the next 3 years if you are rebuilding? Aren't those the types of players you rebuild around? For a defenseman who had 6 goals and was -14 + a first rd pick??

Horton was having issues getting along with the FO and the coaches

Obviously not the point look at the moves teams like Philly, Pitt, SJ, Chicago, NJ, have made over the last few years to compete for a cup. They seem to make the necessary moves to try and win a cup, granted it does not always work but at least there is some hope. Another year of the same Darcy story is not something I'm interested in hearing.

So how about we actually wait and see if he does absolutely nothing this offseason again before we actually crucify him for doing nothing this offseason. Are you people so miserable that you have to preemptively whine and complain now?

And I don't mean to direct that at you with that "you people" since you just started posting here. The people I'm saying it to know exactly who they are.

I should say confirmed with TSn that it's pending NHL approval. I don't see why it wouldn't go through. Atlanta has tons of space. $34 million actually.

Atlanta would have over 50 players total under contract, more then the league limit, so they would have to let a couple guys go first to make the deal official

So how about we actually wait and see if he does absolutely nothing this offseason again before we actually crucify him for doing nothing this offseason. Are you people so miserable that you have to preemptively whine and complain now?

And I don't mean to direct that at you with that "you people" since you just started posting here. The people I'm saying it to know exactly who they are.

It's more of a defense mechanism in the likely event nothing happens.

There is nothing on the NHL network so obviously the Kaberle rumor is B.S.

However all these rumors and activity by Boston have got to make Darcy nervous. His stated goal is to make the team better each year. Last year it was to make the playoffs - he did that, but he also finished 1st in the division. He can't step down from there, so I'm thinking he knows he'll have to make some significant moves to match those of Boston.

I realize patience is a virtue, and Darcy has more than enough of that. But activity shows the fans that you care and that you're trying. Although that means you can step in poop (read Torres), at the same time you have to take the risk if you are going to meet your stated goal. So I expect him to be more active this summer than he has in the past.

Personally I'd like to see him pick up Fleischmann. I think he's ready to pop into a top scorer.

this is Darcy you are talking about, what in the past would make you think he is now worried? If anything, he is probably looking and saying that he doesn't need a team to win in the regular season, you just have to make the playoffs and then make a deal for some luck in the playoffs like Montreal and Philly did

I doubt it. I haven't heard any reports of Brian Burke seen laughing hysterically.

I ask again, what would Burke want from the Sabres? Gaustad? Ennis? The problem is that Burke coverts most what the Sabres just don't have much of, grit and toughness. Burke wouldn't take the majority of the Sabres roster even is he could get them for free and they played for free.

A first round pick, something I would not want to see given to the Leafs for anything on their current roster

Atlanta would have over 50 players total under contract, more then the league limit, so they would have to let a couple guys go first to make the deal official

That's such a strange technicality. If it was July already, a good number of those 50 contracts will have expired already and there would be no need to make another move. If those draft picks weren't involved, they could just wait a couple days until the deals expire.

Nope, we are just used to the "welfare Christmas" that is the Buffalo sabres offseason. Almost every other team around the league gets some shiney new toys in the offseason, why Regier and the Sabres give us Bargain Bin/Blue Light Special sox and underwear and tell us we are better off then our "friends" because they overpaid for their new toys

Archived