Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

They could not predict with complete accuracy that it would be #2 overall but when you trade assets for 2 # 1 picks with a team thats clearly floundering your thinking has to be that we could get a very high pick. Especially with the current lottery system in place. Chiarelli is a progressive thinking G.M. that is willing to take chances and 'go for it' as you put it. He took a chance and it paid dividends.

In Boston: Marc Savard lifted his NTC today. 2 teams named as a possible destination. (Toronto, Ottawa)

Source was Nick Kypreos for those wondering.

Also, just minutes ago, In Boston: Tim Thomas lifts his NTC

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

Package deal with Savard and Thomas? But to who? And that much salary?

* the leafs and ducks are talking a deal that involves Kaberle...but he is not the best player in the deal. I am hearing Kaberle and Kulemin for Cory Perry..and there is another part I can't yet go with..

this is from hockeybuzz at 12:15

My big joke I always tell on that situation is as follows:

So, we kept Vanek for 50 mil over 7 years.

We got a 35 - 45 goal scorer, 65 to 70 point guy

Stop rifght there. If Darcy had just had the nutsack to follow up on that move and get Vanek and Pominville a REAL #1 Centerman to go between them, each of them really could have improved on their numbers by a third or better. The fact is, Darcy is a scared GM ruled by a penny pinching owner, and so what SHOULD have been the first move of two or three moves that really helped the team ended with the one move that, by itself, was never going to pan out, except of course in ticket sales.

Stop rifght there. If Darcy had just had the nutsack to follow up on that move and get Vanek and Pominville a REAL #1 Centerman to go between them, each of them really could have improved on their numbers by a third or better. The fact is, Darcy is a scared GM ruled by a penny pinching owner, and so what SHOULD have been the first move of two or three moves that really helped the team ended with the one move that, by itself, was never going to pan out, except of course in ticket sales.

Nobody is suggesting otherwise TheMute. If you would kindly go back to page 14 of this thread, you can see this is already stated by a few fans, including myself.

Nobody is suggesting otherwise TheMute. If you would kindly go back to page 14 of this thread, you can see this is already stated by a few fans, including myself.

Sorry to single you out there, it's just that Vanek's numbers are being touted by alot of people as being indicative of how bad a move that was by Darcy, and I was merely pointing out the error in that thinking. :)

Sorry to single you out there, it's just that Vanek's numbers are being touted by alot of people as being indicative of how bad a move that was by Darcy, and I was merely pointing out the error in that thinking. :)

My 2 cents is that I was and remain 100% supportive of the decision to match Vanek's offer sheet.

Why? Do you really think he's better than 4 lottery picks? He's a lazy Euro, please.

They would not have been 4 lottery picks. He's not lazy. He's not my favorite player, but this season he showed me something.

This is arm chair GM at it's best. They couldn't let him go on the heels of losing Drury and Briere. Would have been a PR nightmare.

Repeating his words from Friday night, Burke said, “We got three offers for Tomas and an insult. Four teams made offers but one of them I wouldn’t view as legitimate. And the others weren’t commensurate to anything we need.”

I can only guess which team he is referring to.

There were a couple of players moved today, but nothing exciting.

What are the odds we see more movement over the next 5 days?

From the Sabres? Not much chance of anything happening. The other 29 teams? I think everything is at a stand still until the Kaberle scenario plays out.

From the Sabres? Not much chance of anything happening. The other 29 teams? I think everything is at a stand still until the Kaberle scenario plays out.

I don't think Kaberle is that important to the rest of the dominoes. In fact my hope is that that blowhard Burke overplays his hand and gets stuck with him.

I don't think Kaberle is that important to the rest of the dominoes. In fact my hope is that that blowhard Burke overplays his hand and gets stuck with him.

It's funny that you would consider Burke a "blowhard." Is that because he has personality, speaks his mind and has a real passion for the sport? In other words, he is the exact opposite of Regier.

Why? Do you really think he's better than 4 lottery picks? He's a lazy Euro, please.

He's a 2-time 40-goal scorer in his 1st 5 years in the NHL, plus a 30-goal season. Guys like that come along much less often than once every 4 first-round picks.

It's funny that you would consider Burke a "blowhard." Is that because he has personality, speaks his mind and has a real passion for the sport? In other words, he is the exact opposite of Regier.

Maybe DR has just as much passion as Burke, but a different style of communicating.

Archived