Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

Sorry spndnchz, I didn't see your post.

Would a mod please delete my thread.

No one has stated in the press what was going back, so I don't know what Montreal is getting.

But Halak not only out of the division, but out of the conference, THANK YOU ST. LOUIS :worthy:

Sorry spndnchz, I didn't see your post.

Would a mod please delete my thread.

No one has stated in the press what was going back, so I don't know what Montreal is getting.

But Halak not only out of the division, but out of the conference, THANK YOU ST. LOUIS :worthy:

Technically u beat me by a minute. lol. I was trying to make a thread for the upcoming chaos that maybe we could pin for a while? Blue?

per TSN:

Danish prospect Lars Eller, who played in Peoria this season, and Calgary Hitmen forward Ian Schultz go to MTL for Halak.

There was no contact with Halak's agent prior to this so technically Blues could get Halak in arbitration.

Gauthier said many teams asked about their goalies during the year and talks continued after Habs were out of playoffs. Gauthier said the Habs believe Price is better goalie, long-term, and they told teams he wasn't available making Halak only guy on the block.

This trade, Gauthier says, has nothing to do with Plekanec negotiations. Gauthier says he didn't wait for the draft to make trade because they really liked this package & didn't want to pass it up. Gauthier says Eller will compete for NHL spot next year, Schultz will be in AHL next year.

"When we discuss players, we discuss what we think they’re going to do in the future. The decision is based on our projections." "I would say that you need two good goaltenders and we’re going to make sure we have two good goaltenders next season"

Let's not forget Gauthier was a scout for years and knows his stuff. I think he fell in <3 with these guys and couldn't pull it out.

Price is only 22. We have no idea what top form is from him yet.

This is true. In that aspect, and the fact that he was still signed through the next couple years, it seems like an easy decision to move Halak. He was certainly going to demand a lot of money after this season, but it seems like awkward timing to move him. I would have thought they could get better value for him by moving him at the deadline...

This is true. In that aspect, and the fact that he was still signed through the next couple years, it seems like an easy decision to move Halak. He was certainly going to demand a lot of money after this season, but it seems like awkward timing to move him. I would have thought they could get better value for him by moving him at the deadline...

i thought they were both RFA's this offseason?

When I heard this deal happened my biggest fear was that Price would be dealt as well and a player like Nabokov would be brought in. I want Nabokov to sign out West and stay away from Philly.

A lot of Sharks fans can't wait to be rid of him. I'm not entirely sure why though. His numbers actually improved quite a bit this year.

Sounds like Gauthier was really high on Eller. You've got to give value to get value. He's probably got something else he's working on in regards to a goaltender. I can't believe he's put montreals future in Prices hands. The guy can't handle Montreals rabid fan base. I think he's a bit fragile.

Reports say Chris Mason was looking for 3 years 11.25 million. Also that Halak is looking for 4 mill. I'm not sure if arbitration would give him that much, maybe 3.5. Would Blues sign him for 4 mill per?

I would however take Halak over Mason for the extra 250k per year.

Archived