Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

I know Wallin is older and is pretty much a defensive defenseman, but what is it that you don't like about his play? My guess is that he would come at 1/2 the price of Lydman or Tallinder.

He was a rock on the blueline for Carolina a few years ago, but he can't keep up. He's not nearly as physical as everyone makes him out to be. He's not as physical as Lydman, and that's not saying much. I just think having Wallin and Rivet (because despite what we'd all like, he'll be back) would leave the Sabres with two old, slow dmen who are shells of their former selves. Sure he'll be cheaper than Lydman or Tallinder, but there's a reason why. In no way shape or form do I love the thought of having Lydman and Tallinder on the blueline in 2011 and beyond, but they're better options than Wallin.

Kurtis Foster played a solid two-way style for Tampa last year and would be a good fit, as would Brett Lebda.

Kurtis Foster played a solid two-way style for Tampa last year and would be a good fit, as would Brett Lebda.

I'll take your word on Foster, but I will also say that whenever I watched Tampa last year it looked like they were allergic to playing defense.

Everything that I've seen says that the window runs through August 15.

Looked it up, you would be correct carpandean. Sorry for the miscue, thats what I get for reading Toronto media sources :thumbdown:

That being the case, and now knowing this, you think Burke dangles him all through that window for the highest price?

I wouldn't put it past him.

Looked it up, you would be correct carpandean. Sorry for the miscue, thats what I get for reading Toronto media sources :thumbdown:

That being the case, and now knowing this, you think Burke dangles him all through that window for the highest price?

PJ Stock perhaps? :lol:

Com'on u should know by now all true and correct statements about anything r on this board. Jeesh.

I'll take your word on Foster, but I will also say that whenever I watched Tampa last year it looked like they were allergic to playing defense.

Oh, the Tampa defense was horrible, but IMO he was the most consistant. Ohlund took himself out of position too often trying to be physical, Mezaros was ok, Hedman looked in over his head most of the time. Ranger is decent, but missed most of last season with personal issues. Foster has a heck of shot and moves the puck well. My wife is from Tampa and is a big Lightning fan so we watch them a lot (when the Sabres aren't on of course). There wasn't much to be happy about with last years defensive corps.

Com'on u should know by now all true and correct statements about anything r on this board. Jeesh.

lol, I need to update my forums resource center to include any statements made by members on the forums :worthy:

I am very curious as to what Regier does tonight, but, I'm not one to hold my breathe (thats why I haven't died in the last 12 seasons) :unsure:

Thats just hitting below the belt now :nana:

I confess, I didn't listen to Team 990 prior to the deadline this season. Should have looked up the stations history :blush:

PJ Stock's one claim to fame was when he was playing a game in the HSBC while he was with Boston. During the kiss cam they showed him on the jumbotron, so he turned and kissed his teammate on the helmet. One of the funniest things I've ever seen at a hockey game. It was right up there with the time where an asian woman saw herself on the jumbotron so she took a picture.

You guys are spending a lot of time on a 35 year old guy who is said to be returning to Sweden.

I mentioned him in a couple of posts. Nothing more nothing less. If he returns to Sweden, there are plenty of other dman who can fill the 5-6-7 role if Tallinder and Lydman are both sent packing.

Is there a solid reason to believe that there is a shred of truth when buffalo is mentioned as a "contender" in these trade talks?

Regier will fail.

He already has based purly on the contracts we must deal with. Darcy has to move valuable pieces to obtain any improvement on this roster. It will only leave us with improvement amongst trash. It maddens me

Archived