Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

I don't think it has much to do with Tallon. I'm guessing that just about any GM was going to send Horton packing. He's a classic example of the guy who needs a change of scenery, as bunomatic said.

I think that is as much of an indictment as anything. He's 25 and needs a change of scenery? I don't buy it. This is the same guy who walked out on the panthers sponsor golf outing as a rookie b/c he was mad he didn't get the day off. F him. A year from now this guy would getting slaughtered on this board had we traded for him. The last thing our locker room needs is another young, overpaid player who is above giving a sh*t.

Looks like the "source" at 990 in Toronto is a guy that they fired months ago and has a history of prank trade calls. No mention of it from any of the more reliable media sources. I'm calling it bunk.

Didn't he do this last off season with Kaberle as part of the Kessel deal?

I'm digging through 990's archives now to find that one.

I think that is as much of an indictment as anything. He's 25 and needs a change of scenery? I don't buy it. This is the same guy who walked out on the panthers sponsor golf outing as a rookie b/c he was mad he didn't get the day off. F him. A year from now this guy would getting slaughtered on this board had we traded for him. The last thing our locker room needs is another young, overpaid player who is above giving a sh*t.

Professional sports history is full of guys who fit that label. Some actually turn it around and make something of it, like say Danny Briere. Others continue down their path to obscurity (Chris Gratton). So yeah, it doesn't mean he'll suddenly become a player, but I won't ignore the possibility. But yes, I agree with you that this isn't the kind of guy we should be adding right now. I don't think he'd thrive with us, but I do think that right is out there somewhere. Will it be Boston? We'll see.

Didn't he do this last off season with Kaberle as part of the Kessel deal?

I'm digging through 990's archives now to find that one.

Wasn't there a deal that was "in place" with Kessel and Kaberle, but Burke didn't realize that the Bruins still thought that the Leafs' first-round pick was also part of the deal. Once he realized that, he said no. At least, that's how my vague memory goes; could be off a bit.

Wasn't there a deal that was "in place" with Kessel and Kaberle, but Burke didn't realize that the Bruins still thought that the Leafs' first-round pick was also part of the deal. Once he realized that, he said no. At least, that's how my vague memory goes; could be off a bit.

That's about right. The whole thing made no sense though. What Boston supposedly thought they were getting in that deal was beyond highway robbery. It was essentially what they wound up getting for Kessel, but also including Kaberle, without actually sending anything else back to Toronto.

Just FYI, the whole Kaberle deal may be done, maybe not, but they can't go doing anything about it or announcing anything until Kaberle's NTC "window" opens up. That's not until draft day and then through Aug 15th.

I don't think Burke deals with Boston. He's still walking funny from the Kessel trade.

Just FYI, the whole Kaberle deal may be done, maybe not, but they can't go doing anything about it or announcing anything until Kaberle's NTC "window" opens up. That's not until draft day and then through Aug 15th.

Unless he waives it. If he knows that he's going to be dealt on Friday anyway, he may be willing to waive it early just to get it done, especially if he likes the Bruins.

There is nothing on the NHL network so obviously the Kaberle rumor is B.S.

However all these rumors and activity by Boston have got to make Darcy nervous. His stated goal is to make the team better each year. Last year it was to make the playoffs - he did that, but he also finished 1st in the division. He can't step down from there, so I'm thinking he knows he'll have to make some significant moves to match those of Boston.

I realize patience is a virtue, and Darcy has more than enough of that. But activity shows the fans that you care and that you're trying. Although that means you can step in poop (read Torres), at the same time you have to take the risk if you are going to meet your stated goal. So I expect him to be more active this summer than he has in the past.

Personally I'd like to see him pick up Fleischmann. I think he's ready to pop into a top scorer.

The Chicago trade is interesting. I'm surprised they chose to unload Byfuglien and not Versteeg -- although it's likely Atlanta insisted on Byfuglien as part of the deal for taking on Sopel, who is well overpaid. Still, Byfuglien was a huge part of that playoff run. It seemed to me in watching them that his powerful physical presence helped give Chicago its swagger.

I think this means Chicago has dumped all of the assets it needs to in order to get under the cap, as long as they send Huet down to the minors (or find someone to take his contract). Au revoir, Patrick Sharp.

I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sabres trade their 1st and 2nd rounders for Byfuglien, Sopel and Eager.

The Chicago trade is interesting. I'm surprised they chose to unload Byfuglien and not Versteeg -- although it's likely Atlanta insisted on Byfuglien as part of the deal for taking on Sopel, who is well overpaid. Still, Byfuglien was a huge part of that playoff run. It seemed to me in watching them that his powerful physical presence helped give Chicago its swagger.

I think this means Chicago has dumped all of the assets it needs to in order to get under the cap, as long as they send Huet down to the minors (or find someone to take his contract). Au revoir, Patrick Sharp.

I wouldn't have minded seeing the Sabres trade their 1st and 2nd rounders for Byfuglien, Sopel and Eager.

I'm glad you posted this so I can just strongly agree with it. That way TW won't get his panites bunched saying I am just trying to attack Regier.

That is the exact type of move that Buffalo should have been involved in. Make a impact.

AND THE OPTIONS FOR REGIER JUST KEEP GETTING SMALLER and smaller..........and smaller........and smaller

DO YOU FEEL THE CAGE OF UNEMPLOYMENT MOVING IN DARCY? GOD, AS A SABRES FAN I CAN ONLY PRAY SO. ENOUGH OF YOUR FAILURES.

I'm glad you posted this so I can just strongly agree with it. That way TW won't get his panites bunched saying I am just trying to attack Regier.

That is the exact type of move that Buffalo should have been involved in. Make a impact.

agreed on all accounts. That would be a great start to the weekend. Bring on the DR apologists please tell me he's waiting for this weekend.

PA there's a Ruff conspiracy in here if you look hard enough,

Maybe he's saving those picks for something bigger!!

;)

carpandean, please don't get my hopes up.

Please tell me you have some thoughts on the center, RW and PPQB positions that are still plausible.

I have very little to absolutely zero faith left that something will get done. I, as you well know, am not so concerned with the PPQB position as I am a supporter of Gragnani. But the Center and RW positions for line 1 I am sincerely concerned.

Tell me Staal, Richards (both of them), or some serious center is being considered.

carpandean, please don't get my hopes up.

Please tell me you have some thoughts on the center, RW and PPQB positions that are still plausible.

I have very little to absolutely zero faith left that something will get done. I, as you well know, am not so concerned with the PPQB position as I am a supporter of Gragnani. But the Center and RW positions for line 1 I am sincerely concerned.

Tell me Staal, Richards (both of them), or some serious center is being considered.

Unfortunately, if Dallas trades a center, it will probably be Ribeiro, not Richards. Can you imagine Ribeiro/Roy as our #1/#2?! We might not win a Cup, but we'd be a shoo in for an Oscar ... or maybe a gold medal in diving.

Archived