Trades that actually happened

spndnchz

Tyler Seguin will easily make an impact in TD banknorth. Add Nathan Horton, and it spells big trouble for the blue and gold. Darcy needs to actually get to work, assuming he even knows what to do, or what our flaws truly are.

I bet he is crapping himself over Bostons recent activity.

Tyler Seguin will easily make an impact in TD banknorth. Add Nathan Horton, and it spells big trouble for the blue and gold. Darcy needs to actually get to work, assuming he even knows what to do, or what our flaws truly are.

Apparently, Darcy is a mere blow-up doll, and since the team had already sold out its season tickets for this season, he was not directed to do anything that would break a sweat. Here come all the happy-go-lucky stories in the local media about how the Sabres were Hecht and Vanek injuries away from winning the Cup last season and that everything is fine.

Wait until they get Kaberle. The Bruins I mean. There is some really great team management going in in Boston, Chicago and Florida this off-season.

So the pens get Hamhuis for a 3rd rounder....man first Darcy get beat by MTL for Tinordi and misses on another D-man when he has 3 3rd rd picks. Frustrating.

And if Pittsburgh is unable to sign Hamhuis? One team already traded for his rights and failed to sign him. This one is giving off major signs that Hamhuis is a guy who wants to hit the open market. Pittsburgh may in fact work something out, but I get the feeling that it's not all that likely.

So the pens get Hamhuis for a 3rd rounder....man first Darcy get beat by MTL for Tinordi and misses on another D-man when he has 3 3rd rd picks. Frustrating.

He has his pick of any NHL franchise to play for. He's not coming to Buffalo no matter how much money they would throw at him. Not that they would.

And if Pittsburgh is unable to sign Hamhuis? One team already traded for his rights and failed to sign him. This one is giving off major signs that Hamhuis is a guy who wants to hit the open market. Pittsburgh may in fact work something out, but I get the feeling that it's not all that likely.

He did not want to sign in philly b/c he would have been a 5th d-man and wants to be a top 3.

Those actions were not independent of one another.

My big joke I always tell on that situation is as follows:

So, we kept Vanek for 50 mil over 7 years.

We got a 35 - 45 goal scorer, 65 to 70 point guy

when we could have possibly received 4 first round draft picks that could have produced 15 to 25 goals a season each and 40 to 60 points.

Multiple that times 4 and you can see the punch line.

We kept the 35/45 goal a season, 65 to 70 point a season player

and walked away from a combined potential of 60 to 100 goals a season, 160 to 240 points a season worth of offensive players. :thumbsup:

My big joke I always tell on that situation is as follows:

So, we kept Vanek for 50 mil over 7 years.

We got a 35 - 45 goal scorer, 65 to 70 point guy

when we could have possibly received 4 first round draft picks that could have produced 15 to 25 goals a season each and 40 to 60 points.

Multiple that times 4 and you can see the punch line.

We kept the 35/45 goal a season, 65 to 70 point a season player

and walked away from a combined potential of 60 to 100 goals a season, 160 to 240 points a season worth of offensive players. :thumbsup:

You never trade known talent for potential talent.

You never trade known talent for potential talent.

You can't ruin the running joke now :nana:

But I agree with you Swamp, I firmly believe keeping Vanek was the right decision to make, irregardless of whether or not Drury or Briere stayed.

With that being the case, if I were GM, my first goal would have been to help Vanek achieve 50+ goals/80+ points a season by getting him a true #1 Center to play with and a RWer who could also run and gun on a line with him.

Just some thoughts is all.

You can't ruin the running joke now :nana:

But I agree with you Swamp, I firmly believe keeping Vanek was the right decision to make, irregardless of whether or not Drury or Briere stayed.

With that being the case, if I were GM, my first goal would have been to help Vanek achieve 50+ goals/80+ points a season by getting him a true #1 Center to play with and a RWer who could also run and gun on a line with him.

Just some thoughts is all.

I think if you could put a true #1 right winger on his line, Roy may work again as his center. I'd love a true #1 center as well but with Marleau signing, there may not be one available that would be a step up from Roy.

I think if you could put a true #1 right winger on his line, Roy may work again as his center. I'd love a true #1 center as well but with Marleau signing, there may not be one available that would be a step up from Roy.

Ya tom, Stafford is not working out on that wing, Pomminstein appears to have some chemistry with Connolly and Hecht. I too, believe Roy can stay at Center if a RWer was brought in that could find Chemistry with Vanek and Roy.

NATHAN HORTON comes to mind here, although just an opinion, so would a Dustin Penner/Ales Hemsky type player. Currently, the Sabres do not have a RWer that has proven they can step in and find that chemistry. Thats why I was looking at that situation.

But don't be fooled, I want Connolly gone in the worse way, if and only if a Center was coming to step in and take over on line 2.

Ya tom, Stafford is not working out on that wing, Pomminstein appears to have some chemistry with Connolly and Hecht. I too, believe Roy can stay at Center if a RWer was brought in that could find Chemistry with Vanek and Roy.

NATHAN HORTON comes to mind here, although just an opinion, so would a Dustin Penner/Ales Hemsky type player. Currently, the Sabres do not have a RWer that has proven they can step in and find that chemistry. Thats why I was looking at that situation.

But don't be fooled, I want Connolly gone in the worse way, if and only if a Center was coming to step in and take over on line 2.

Man, I want Iginla!

With their pick the Bruins are loaded at center. To be in Chiarellis shoes. It must be exciting to be a fan in Boston right now knowing that the team is continually getting better as opposed to continually developing from within. There's something to be said for the excitement an active G.M. can generate for a fan base.

With their pick the Bruins are loaded at center. To be in Chiarellis shoes. It must be exciting to be a fan in Boston right now knowing that the team is continually getting better as opposed to continually developing from within. There's something to be said for the excitement an active G.M. can generate for a fan base.

Absolutely.

It was a terrific move to dump Kessel, but they had no idea it would yield the second overall pick. Still, Boston is actively going after it and I agree with your sentiments here.

Archived