GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!

The Wild got spanked last night by the RedWings.. we get to play the both of them back-to-back..

Harding started and gave up 5 goals on 30 shots.. Backstrom should be starting tonight, a bigger challenge there.. though a report said that he tweaked his groin during the morning skate yesterday, and Wild coach Todd Richards said he was day-to-day.. Latendresse was taken to hospital as a precaution after catching a stick in the back of the head.. D-men Hnidy and Burns also missed yesterday's game

...tonight ought to be the night against a very weak Minnesota team.

I wouldn't underestimate them. Although they are 0-2-2 in their last 4 games, they have some good talent and a goalie in Backstrom who is more than capable of stealing a game.

I think they are a team that is struggling this season to find it's identity as they move away from Lemaire's defense first, trap and trap some more system.

IMO this time of year, this team cannot afford to under estimate anybody. Trap game, :rolleyes: if they try to play fancy a$$ but not so much if they come out prepared to put the work in.

Last home game for over a week staring at a five game road trip, they need to to take advantage of the schedule. Just play hard and they should be able to beat this team.

With lalime in net I don't care about pretty, fugly or lucky, Just win baby..

Oh and don't forget to give the puck at the end to Lalime for his 200th career victory.

I wouldn't underestimate them. Although they are 0-2-2 in their last 4 games, they have some good talent and a goalie in Backstrom who is more than capable of stealing a game.

I think they are a team that is struggling this season to find it's identity as they move away from Lemaire's defense first, trap and trap some more system.

While, yeah, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, let me tell ya, I watched the game yesterday and the Wild made the Wings look like the Wings of Old (even though they're not even in a playoff slot). Unless there's a BIG turnaround, I don't see the Wild putting up much of a fight.

While, yeah, you shouldn't underestimate anyone, let me tell ya, I watched the game yesterday and the Wild made the Wings look like the Wings of Old (even though they're not even in a playoff slot). Unless there's a BIG turnaround, I don't see the Wild putting up much of a fight.

I watched them play Calgary the other night. They were down by one in the third and threw wave after wave at the Flames. You just knew it was only a matter of time ... until the stripes took over. A couple of weak penalties on the Wild and missed ones on Calgary cemented the win. However, they showed more determination when down by one than I have seen from the Sabres when down all season. They are desperate. One or two more losses and they are out of the post season.

I watched them play Calgary the other night. They were down by one in the third and threw wave after wave at the Flames. You just knew it was only a matter of time ... until the stripes took over. A couple of weak penalties on the Wild and missed ones on Calgary cemented the win. However, they showed more determination when down by one than I have seen from the Sabres when down all season. They are desperate. One or two more losses and they are out of the post season.

It's true...like a cornered animal, a team can be most dangerous when they're against the ropes.

But after this hard-fought loss you mention, they go and lose to a surprisingly average Detroit team 5-1. I know no victory can be assumed, especially with the backup in net but this is simply not a team that scares me.

Now watch us lose 7-0 or something :lol:

Well, I haven't watched any of the last 3 games, and you saw what happened. I was planning on watching the game tonight, but if this superstitious streak of me not watching and the Sabres winning continues, I might steer clear of the TV tonight. I still have not even seen Raffi Torres play. Oh well.

This is a surprisingly important game. After tonight, the Sabres have 11 out of their last 17 games on the road, including 5 out of their last 6. They need to bank as many points as possible against weaker opponents, including the Wild and the SE division teams they play next week.

They have an opportunity to show that they are either more mature than in years past -- by banking points, playing consistently, showing up for every 1st period and locking up the #3 seed and maybe catching Pittsburgh for #2 -- or that they are the same group of babies that fell apart down the stretch last year.

If Kaleta, Myers and Miller stay healthy, Gaustad comes back 100% and Roy-Vanek-Mancari continue to produce, I think we'll have a good outcome.

Well, I haven't watched any of the last 3 games, and you saw what happened. I was planning on watching the game tonight, but if this superstitious streak of me not watching and the Sabres winning continues, I might steer clear of the TV tonight. I still have not even seen Raffi Torres play. Oh well.

Haven't missed much

It's true...like a cornered animal, a team can be most dangerous when they're against the ropes.

But after this hard-fought loss you mention, they go and lose to a surprisingly average Detroit team 5-1. I know no victory can be assumed, especially with the backup in net but this is simply not a team that scares me.

Now watch us lose 7-0 or something :lol:

First Minnesota is very weak and now Detroit has been surprisingly average? They have been ravaged by injuries this year(Franzen, Lilja, Kronwall, Williams, Filppula & Zetterburg have all missed 15+ games this season) and are just getting close to healthy as a team for the first time this year. If Howard can be solid in goal, they will be a team that others are looking to avoid in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs.

First Minnesota is very weak and now Detroit has been surprisingly average? They have been ravaged by injuries this year(Franzen, Lilja, Kronwall, Williams, Filppula & Zetterburg have all missed 15+ games this season) and are just getting close to healthy as a team for the first time this year. If Howard can be solid in goal, they will be a team that others are looking to avoid in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs.

Well now then Saturdays game should be a good preview of where the Sabres are in a series like back/back second game against a playoff calibre opponent.

I look forward to seeing where this team is at with time to tune up before the real season begins.

I think Minny is the harder game. Miller brings his A game versus Detroit.

I am not sure where I read or heard it, but I believe Miller's career record is not very good against Detroit.

[edited] I found the stats on espn.com. 2-5 career record against the Wings

I think Minny is the harder game. Miller brings his A game versus Detroit.

I am not sure where I read or heard it, but I believe Miller's career record is not very good against Detroit.

Not to mention that the Minny game is at home while the Detroit game is on the road, and that Detroit is loaded with good players with crunch-time experience while Minny...isn't.

Well now.. That surprises me... Thought he had at least a winning record.

I seem to remember he had a fantastic game in that building during the October Surprise storm in 06.

So is this a situation where you might argue for playing Miller in the "easier" game, which then gives you the opportunity to play him again if he has a very light night?

Archived