GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I watched them play Calgary the other night. They were down by one in the third and threw wave after wave at the Flames. You just knew it was only a matter of time ... until the stripes took over. A couple of weak penalties on the Wild and missed ones on Calgary cemented the win. However, they showed more determination when down by one than I have seen from the Sabres when down all season. They are desperate. One or two more losses and they are out of the post season.

Calgary is NOT the team it was earlier in the season. Despite winning against Ottawa 2 - 0 last night, they were lucky to have escaped. One Ottawa goal was called off after replay despite the fact that it looked good to me. And another time they hit the crossbar but generally outplayed Calgary.

All I am saying is that comparing the Wild to Calgary is NOT a benchmark that says much!

I'll go ahead and say it -- this is a "must win" if the Sabres are a legitimate contender (I know, many believe they are not).

The Wild are on the back end of a 2-nighter, their road record is terrible, they aren't a playoff contender, etc., etc.

The Sabres have only 6 home games left, so the points are precious. If they get caught with their "pants on the ground" to a crappy opponent it's a sign of bad things to come.

I'll go ahead and say it -- this is a "must win" if the Sabres are a legitimate contender (I know, many believe they are not).

The Wild are on the back end of a 2-nighter, their road record is terrible, they aren't a playoff contender, etc., etc.

The Sabres have only 6 home games left, so the points are precious. If they get caught with their "pants on the ground" to a crappy opponent it's a sign of bad things to come.

the sabres always lose to teams who are supposedly worse than them.

Well considering the fact that only 2 teams in the east are ahead of them right now...

Remember that day this season when everyone in the conference was worse than them? To bad it only lasted 24 hours or so..

Lalime is just brutal lately. He looks nervous back there... if he can't even give the team a legitimate chance to win, Lindy will have no choice but to play Miller every night... or they'll have to call up Enroth.

I was just thinking the same...I know, I know...he needs to play every game, and I get that, I really do. But if he can give you a better chance to win the games that Miller isn't going to play, what is the point of holding him back?

Then again, we really don't know how well he will do in the NHL. He could suck even worse than Lalime for all we know.

I think Monty just lost a fight to a 40 year old. :)

I just had to look, I didn't realize Montador was only 30...thought he was older than that.

I was going to say something about that fight looking like a couple of retirees fighting over a seat in the hot tub at their retirement community...

Archived