Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

GET A HOME INSPECTION.

I know that sounds like common sense, but I didn't, and if I had, I would have never bought the house I did. 7 years later, and I'm *still* finding ###### that the previous owner jerry-rigged. My favorites so far is claiming secondary water when in reality he siphoned it off our neighbors for his sprinkling system. That set me back about $1800 to get my own secondary line run to my yard. The other is how our ceiling fan receives its electricity: it's hooked to an extension cord that runs into the carport shed and gets plugged in to a regular outlet. Fan-effing-tastic.

Bottom line: home inspection. Best $300-400 you can spend on buying a house.

Doing that this afternoon. Banks tomorrow then God knows what. I've barely had time to focus on anything else and it's sucking the life out of me.

I know, I know. Once I get the house, it is still gonna suck the life out of me but at least I'll know what I'm doing.

And for my (extremely minor) complaint: that funny cat video XC posted the other day has been removed from YouTube due to some sort of copyright issue, so now I can't share it with anyone else! :thumbdown:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*&%^%#@@@)%(^$(!($($^)$^)^%$)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man alive! Some people sure do know how to take away all the fun, don't they... :angry: :wallbash:

Kill us, for crying out loud! :death:

I'm sorry to hear about your luck, Knightrider... I saw this article not long ago and perhaps it might help you?

http://www.cnn.com/2...e.ep/index.html

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read... I'm 41 now, and would be satisfied with the three we will have. I have figured that the miscarriages were for good reason.

Bursa pain gets reflected not in the shoulder but in the nerve that follows down the arm. its easily seen on a sonogram (better than radioactive MRi or CT)

I'm thinking this is more & more likely the case. The doc gave me a muscle relaxer and I kept taking Aleve for 10 days, but it hasn't gone away. They did suggest a nerve test if the meds didn't help, so I have a feeling that's what's next - I'll bring up the bursa thing, too.

That's not a bad idea. I'm pretty sure I'm going to.

It's an absolute must. You need to make sure you stay on the same time frame for the next raise that rolls around. If you keep letting them push it back on you by a month or two, sooner or later they'll push it back a year.

It's an absolute must. You need to make sure you stay on the same time frame for the next raise that rolls around. If you keep letting them push it back on you by a month or two, sooner or later they'll push it back a year.

This (sort of) happened to me in my current job.

When I accepted it, the salary wasn't where I wanted it to be and they were at the limit of what they were willing to offer. They generally do performance reviews (and subsequent raises) annually so I requested an extra review at the 6-month point after I had proven myself to bring the salary closer to what I wanted. I got the review at 6 months but when I went to sign it, the "next review" was for a year later instead of at my 1-year anniversary as I had negotiated (and unfortunately failed to get in writing). I wasn't willing to push it very hard as I had only been there 6 months and the job market was very poor at the time. Now all my reviews/raises are 6 months behind what I thought I was getting.

Yeah and that is what I don't want to happen. Thanks for the advice!

This (sort of) happened to me in my current job.

When I accepted it, the salary wasn't where I wanted it to be and they were at the limit of what they were willing to offer. They generally do performance reviews (and subsequent raises) annually so I requested an extra review at the 6-month point after I had proven myself to bring the salary closer to what I wanted. I got the review at 6 months but when I went to sign it, the "next review" was for a year later instead of at my 1-year anniversary as I had negotiated (and unfortunately failed to get in writing). I wasn't willing to push it very hard as I had only been there 6 months and the job market was very poor at the time. Now all my reviews/raises are 6 months behind what I thought I was getting.

I feel your pain, but I'm still jealous of you guys... we don't get any regularly scheduled performance reviews where I work, and two of the last three years we've been asked to forgo our cost-of-living (hah) increases of 2-3%. So, my last raise was Sept. 2008. We just applied for a promotion because I've since accumulated 3 more years of experience in my position, taken on the responsibility of training another full-time employee, and finished my Masters degree (in my field). And for all of this, my boss can request a 4-8% increase, tops. I love my job, but at this rate I'll never get out of debt. :cry:

I feel your pain, but I'm still jealous of you guys... we don't get any regularly scheduled performance reviews where I work, and two of the last three years we've been asked to forgo our cost-of-living (hah) increases of 2-3%. So, my last raise was Sept. 2008. We just applied for a promotion because I've since accumulated 3 more years of experience in my position, taken on the responsibility of training another full-time employee, and finished my Masters degree (in my field). And for all of this, my boss can request a 4-8% increase, tops. I love my job, but at this rate I'll never get out of debt. :cry:

I just gave a guy (who I would kill to keep) at his annual review a 2.0% raise because it was the most I could give him.

I just gave a guy (who I would kill to keep) at his annual review a 2.0% raise because it was the most I could give him.

Sucks, doesn't it? Meanwhile the guys at the top of the organizations are getting rich. Our CEO works part-time and lives out of state, yet was paid over $1M this last year essentially to show up for photo opps. That included a bonus and incentive income of almost $200K. :sick:

I make back to B-lo for a funeral, and my dad packed the fridge with Molson Export Ale for me. Except that I'm rocking a fever, sick as a dog. Like winning the lottery, and not being able to spend the money. :cry:

I make back to B-lo for a funeral, and my dad packed the fridge with Molson Export Ale for me. Except that I'm rocking a fever, sick as a dog. Like winning the lottery, and not being able to spend the money. :cry:

Beer has antioxidants. It should help.

My (sort of) complaint...I decided to stick with my current job at the state. Things are stale and there's still a threat of layoffs that not even our division director has any clue who it could affect. As of today, I'm not affected, but who knows if that will change. In the end, I decided that there's enough to do to keep me going and I can still keep doing things outside of work that I love to do. Of course, I might change my mind tomorrow.

Might be buying a motorcycle tomorrow. So I'm going to take this opportunity to represent my mom and complain on her part.

"You bought a motorcycle again? *eyeroll/sigh*"

On the other side of things, after going through four motorcycles in 7 years, I finally got one that I love... and now I have no time to ride it. Since taking it out of storage in April, I think I've been on it five times. I'm considering selling it (as the cash would come in handy), but I know I'll never be able to get another one like this one. Every time I see it just sitting in my garage, it makes me sad.

Also, I've been sick as heck since Monday. I think I have some sort of E. coli food poisoning, as I've had nasty GI symptoms for three straight days. The doc says antibiotics usually don't shorten the duration, so I guess I just have to let it "work itself out". The weather has been so beautiful the last few days that sitting indoors doubled over with cramps is really honking me off. There, I think I got out all my complaints for the day...

Oops! Wrong - loose and lose. I saw an advertising blurb the other day using the word "loose" instead of "lose". "Loose" means not tight; "lose" means no longer having possession of something. When I see stuff like that, it makes me loose my temper.... :blink:

All the offices in this building have motion sensors on the lights. I always wonder what's up on a day like today when I show up and the light is already on in my office before I walk in. I bet they're bugging my computer to see just how much time I waste in here. Damn you Rupert Murdoch!

All the offices in this building have motion sensors on the lights. I always wonder what's up on a day like today when I show up and the light is already on in my office before I walk in. I bet they're bugging my computer to see just how much time I waste in here. Damn you Rupert Murdoch!

Sounds like my boss. He'll come in really early, go into my office and flip the lights on to snoop around, and then leave without shutting them off. Then I arrive an hour later and know he's been going thorugh my stuff. Yet, in my review this year, he said what he liked most about me is that he can "trust me."