Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sounds like my boss. He'll come in really early, go into my office and flip the lights on to snoop around, and then leave without shutting them off. Then I arrive an hour later and know he's been going thorugh my stuff. Yet, in my review this year, he said what he liked most about me is that he can "trust me."

My situation is probably far more boring. I'm guessing it's the mouse that I've seen wondering around from time to time.

My situation is probably far more boring. I'm guessing it's the mouse that I've seen wondering around from time to time.

We used to freak this chick out because our giant printer/copier/fax machine was in its own little room with the automatic light ... and if you printed something, the paper coming out would trigger it. Took her weeks to figure out what the hell was going on.

Also, I've been sick as heck since Monday. I think I have some sort of E. coli food poisoning, as I've had nasty GI symptoms for three straight days. The doc says antibiotics usually don't shorten the duration, so I guess I just have to let it "work itself out". The weather has been so beautiful the last few days that sitting indoors doubled over with cramps is really honking me off. There, I think I got out all my complaints for the day...

Bloody stool? If yes it's almost definitely E. coli but more likely salmonella or campylobacter which are much more common.

I got home later than expected last night from work, and my dog had crapped on the floor and tracked it all through the kitchen and (carpeted) dining room. So before I could even sit down, I had to spot clean the rug, mop the floor, and give my dog a bath to get the rest of the crap off his feet. It's a good thing I love that little bugger. Why can't he just poop and walk away?

I got home later than expected last night from work, and my dog had crapped on the floor and tracked it all through the kitchen and (carpeted) dining room. So before I could even sit down, I had to spot clean the rug, mop the floor, and give my dog a bath to get the rest of the crap off his feet. It's a good thing I love that little bugger. Why can't he just poop and walk away?

That's all right. You haven't lived until the dog craps on the floor and the damn Roomba tracks it all over the freakin' house.

• Like (+1) 1

Bloody stool? If yes it's almost definitely E. coli but more likely salmonella or campylobacter which are much more common.

Yeah - I had some of that "pre-washed" salad mix Sunday for dinner (which I washed anyway) and it had some baby spinach. There was a to-do back a few months about some E. coli outbreak caused by spinach. Thanks to my doctor for advising me to "eat more salad". Steak hoagies might not be good for the heart, but they never made me sick like this. Merck Manual says this could last up to 8 days. I'm on day four - four more and I will have lost that 10 pounds the doctor told me to.....

Plus: I normally don't have much to rave about when it comes to shippers and consignees. However, I have a lot of praise for DOT Foods in Mount Sterling, IL. Even when I couldn't get online with my Air Card last night (I spent the night there since they allowed overnight parking), they gave me a username with password to get on their WiFi. Plus, they were quick to get me unloaded this morning AND even though I had an appointment for Noon Central Time at the same place to pick up a load, the load was already on another trailer and I was out the gate by 9. I couldn't have been happier. Says a lot when shippers and consignees do what they can to make it easier on the drivers, because there are some really horrible shippers out there.

Minus: It's not National Haggis Day.

Monkey see, monkey do. <_<

No, religious right demands, so all politicians do. If your group doesn't make a stink about everyone NOT saying it, you'd get the sincere folks saying it and no one else.

Remember the stink that y'all caused when Obama happened not have his hand over his heart during an anthem? And it was a STINK. Over nothin'. So now, everyone is going to bow to the BS customs demanded by the religious right, sincere or not.

Consider it the conservative version of the PC movement. You reap what you sow.

No, religious right demands, so all politicians do. If your group doesn't make a stink about everyone NOT saying it, you'd get the sincere folks saying it and no one else.

Remember the stink that y'all caused when Obama happened not have his hand over his heart during an anthem? And it was a STINK. Over nothin'. So now, everyone is going to bow to the BS customs demanded by the religious right, sincere or not.

Consider it the conservative version of the PC movement. You reap what you sow.

You missed the point. I have my reasons, and, yes, I brought it up, but let's just go to our separate corners now.

You missed the point. I have my reasons, and, yes, I brought it up, but let's just go to our separate corners now.

Ok. But they don't sell drugs on my corner anymore. So I'll just be standing around trying not to look suspicious.

It took me until now to realize that it's a French Connection day: 7/14/11. I think it's the third to last of the century.

Would also like to point out that it is Bastille Day, which of course, is the French National Holiday. Now that is frighteningly eerie...

Would also like to point out that it is Bastille Day, which of course, is the French National Holiday. Now that is frighteningly eerie...

What happened afterwards was even more frightening and eerie. Wow, what an effed-up revolution that one was.