Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Am I the only one who thinks that The Sopranos was a really stupid show? Maybe there were a couple of good episodes in the first season, but that was it. For the most part, it was really stupid.

"OOOOOOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Aside from the culture and comic relief of familiarity for myself....you need to know a little about David Chase who put the whole thing together. The entire series was a metaphor for the demise of America using the Mafia as the metaphor. He showed the increasing dysfunction and infighting which led to weakness and eventual disaster. It is actually a very deep show just beneath the surface of violence and sideshows. I even think I have the finale pegged given Chase's knowledge of Roman/Latin history. I found it entertaining just on it's own. When you throw in the artistry...it's classic.

Now I gotta go make a Gabagol sangwich.

As 'ole Roby would say..it's hotter than a dogs breath down here in NC. Temps of 100+ F in the forecast the next three days and heat index of 112+. It's absolutely brutal. The summers here in the south are the only times when I begin to seriously think about moving back to Buffalo.

Sports hernia on one side, a not yet diagnosed MCL injury of some kind on the other side. Fun stuff. I actually missed a hockey game due to injury for the first time in my life on Tuesday. I really wanted to play even though I can barely walk, but I decided it wasn't worth it since the knee still had some swelling.

NHL Gamecenter LIVE is still charging me, even though I was told at the end of the playoffs, they would stop. yeah it's only $20, but it's the principle...

I signed up for the wrong package, they wouldn't change it, and most of the playoff games were blacked out on my laptop when I was on business trips anyways, so I no longer wanted to pay for it...and now it's the end of JULY...UGH! :cry: :censored: :wallbash:

As 'ole Roby would say..it's hotter than a dogs breath down here in NC. Temps of 100+ F in the forecast the next three days and heat index of 112+. It's absolutely brutal. The summers here in the south are the only times when I begin to seriously think about moving back to Buffalo.

Heat index of 110 in Nashville today... and my *$&*! air conditioning went down yesterday! Urgh...

Heat index of 110 in Nashville today... and my *$&*! air conditioning went down yesterday! Urgh...

My central air in my apartment sucks so bad when it gets over 90 the breaker pops and won't go back on. I'm looking forward to going home to a nice a toasty house tonight for sure.

I think you're the first person I've ever heard say such a thing.

You haven't seen my T-shirt "The Sun Is Trying To Kill Me" - I didn't create it, it was available so I'm not the only one who believes summer sucks.

I will get one made that says, "If you can see your breath, it's a good day." That I firmly believe.

(62 days until Fall)

You haven't seen my T-shirt "The Sun Is Trying To Kill Me" - I didn't create it, it was available so I'm not the only one who believes summer sucks.

I will get one made that says, "If you can see your breath, it's a good day." That I firmly believe.

(62 days until Fall)

I'm totally with you guys. I guess I just hear more complaints about winter than I do about summer.

(62 days until Fall)

Haha - good shirt. I like this one; I got it for my dad (he's a fair-skinned redhead), and sadly it took him a few minutes to get the joke!