Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This. Today I saw a driver make a right turn on red DIRECTLY in front of an oncoming garbage truck (more like a "right through on red"). Those things do not stop on a dime and you certainly don't want to be hit by one. A pretty big risk to save five seconds.  I sold my motorcycle a few years back because there are way too many distracted drivers on the road.

A few weeks ago, I was driving through a busy intersection when some nut job was trying to merge into my lane right as I was there (I had the right of way, he had a yield sign - I know this intersection VERY WELL). He wasn't even looking - just kept moving as if he assumed he had the right of way or that it was safe to merge. I honked & swerved to miss him and almost hit the guy in the lane next to me. Part of me wanted the minor accident so I could yell at him. The smart part of me decided that would be a bad idea.

It's a small thing, but still: those toll transponders that rental cars have that allow you to use the EZ Pass lanes? I learned today that Hertz charges $5 per day to use them. It's a complete gouge and is not disclosed when you rent a car online, other than a mention, only visible if you scroll down under "terms and conditions," that an unspecified service charge applies.

Hertz Gold Club is by far the best way to rent a car IMHO, but this is a BS move by them.

I rented a car to drive to the Boston area for work a few months back - no EZ pass, so the transponders on the Mass Pike just snapped a picture of the plate and billed Enterprise, who billed me. They added some crazy fee that cost me (well, my company) an extra $9. I'm glad that wasn't my personal car.

Man, getting sack tapped regularly by a child is so much more legit.

What's our wrestling tag team nickname going to be? Sack Attack? Ball Bros?  

I don't know, but this guy can be our mascot.

:blink:

What's funny is that I played football in HS and college, then hockey for the past 15+ years, all without a cup. Never a problem. 

She's my little treasure.

It's a small thing, but still: those toll transponders that rental cars have that allow you to use the EZ Pass lanes? I learned today that Hertz charges $5 per day to use them. It's a complete gouge and is not disclosed when you rent a car online, other than a mention, only visible if you scroll down under "terms and conditions," that an unspecified service charge applies.

Hertz Gold Club is by far the best way to rent a car IMHO, but this is a BS move by them.

You want to know where it's even worse?  I'm sure there are plenty of other towns like this, but in Boston, you have to pay a toll when you enter the airport area and another when you leave that area.  So if you rent a car at the airport, it is not possible to avoid 2 tolls.  They just switched all of those tolls over to the high speed, no booth stuff.  If you rent there, you are faced with two options:

1. Pay that daily fee to rent the EZ pass transponder.

2. Don't pay, and instead get hit with the rental companies high fee for going through a toll without a transponder

So they officially have you in a spot where you are guaranteed to pay a significant additional fee either way.  You need to do the math in your head on which option is cheaper, but the whole process is a pain in the ass.

You want to know where it's even worse?  I'm sure there are plenty of other towns like this, but in Boston, you have to pay a toll when you enter the airport area and another when you leave that area.  So if you rent a car at the airport, it is not possible to avoid 2 tolls.  They just switched all of those tolls over to the high speed, no booth stuff.  If you rent there, you are faced with two options:

1. Pay that daily fee to rent the EZ pass transponder.

2. Don't pay, and instead get hit with the rental companies high fee for going through a toll without a transponder

So they officially have you in a spot where you are guaranteed to pay a significant additional fee either way.  You need to do the math in your head on which option is cheaper, but the whole process is a pain in the ass.

I think there is a 3rd option:  if you have your own EZ Pass transponder, just bring it with you when you rent a car and use that one.

Of course, you have to remember to bring it, remember to keep the rental car's transponder box closed, remember not to leave your transponder in the rental car when you return it and remember to check your rental car bill and make sure you didn't get charged for tolls.

I need to transfer my car's registration and my license to Ohio. It's not a big deal, except if I end up back in NY, I'll get stuck with those hideous gold plates. I can only hope there's another re-design in the next few years.

In Ohio growing up, gold plates like the NY ones were DUI party plates. I'm super self conscious driving my NY plated car around my home now... 

I need to transfer my car's registration and my license to Ohio. It's not a big deal, except if I end up back in NY, I'll get stuck with those hideous gold plates. I can only hope there's another re-design in the next few years.

NY plates are exactly the same color as the DWI plates here in OH. Sometimes I see "party plates" and think it is someone from NY. But that's because I'm from NY and I'm used to seeing those hideous things. Conversely, people from OH see bright yellow NY plates and assume you're a drunk before realizing you're actually just a NYer :P I found this out because my new boss was getting out of his car as I pulled in on my first day (still with NY plates). I guess I gave him quite a scare until I got close enough for him to see.

Lol- Josie beat me to it by 30 seconds

I don't know, but this guy can be our mascot.

:blink:

What's funny is that I played football in HS and college, then hockey for the past 15+ years, all without a cup. Never a problem.

She's my little treasure.

Football, meh. I played football without a cup, no problem. Hell, I played baseball without a cup but I was a middle infielder and if you need a cup at short or 2nd, your hand eye sucks. But hockey?!?! Dude, that is pure madness. I've been clipped by sticks, hit by shots, fallen into by morons who can't skate, grabbed, yup, that was not fun...who would ever play hockey without a cup?

I've come to a conclusion that you just don't treat your balls very well.

The Dangling Duo

I still miss the Statue of Liberty plates.

I think there is a 3rd option:  if you have your own EZ Pass transponder, just bring it with you when you rent a car and use that one.

Of course, you have to remember to bring it, remember to keep the rental car's transponder box closed, remember not to leave your transponder in the rental car when you return it and remember to check your rental car bill and make sure you didn't get charged for tolls.

And also hope that the transponder you're traveling with doesn't randomly get picked up by one of the toll readers anywhere along the trip when you're not driving.  Keep one of those foil envelopes handy!

The Scrotal Scramblers 

Teabag Twins 

The Hairy Pair

The Nut Crackers

The Junkmen 

The Lucic Spears

ok I'm worrying myself goodbye 

Thank you for these.   :lol:

I'm just generally annoyed with work these days.  Stupid regulations that make no sense, urgent deadlines that can't possibly be met because we're constantly waiting on other people to finish their jobs, and having our hands tied when there is so much work to be done.  I know everything is going to finally fall into place and they'll want us to hit the ground running right when I'm supposed to finally take a few days off later next week, too.   :death:

Edited by biodork

Just read a letter from the RNC with a Trump survey included... It was such propoganda I actually noted each time the appealed to emotions and used leading sentences to force you to answer how they wanted or think how they wanted. These are dark days in America. Political parties are out of control.

If I were grading this letter and survey, letter gets a 50 because it was written coherently and survey gets a 0 because every question was blindingly biased. I'm sorry but saying every one of Obama's executive orders was unconstitutional... really? Even all of Trumps executive orders aren't that.

Also, to the mods, this will be my only post on this. A simple complaint against political parties (I dislike both)

Its summer and everyone at work is falling sick :(

worst thing is they are all supervisors and one by one they are falling sick, and I'm caught doing crazy hours because everyone else are Idiots whom can't even work independent.

So always need a supervisor present, and 3 people are tying to cover every shift 24/7, glad I have my vacation coming in two weeks....

Doc says my balls (or should I say ball, singular) are fine and there's nothing they can do for me. My course of treatment is time, ibuprofen, and not doing anything too athletic that might re-aggravate it. Who knows how long that will be given that it's already been almost 2 months since the injury occurred. I hope I can play some hockey this winter but I guess we'll see. And so much for getting back in shape with any kind of cardio.

Phil? Is that you?

On a more serious note, it is harder for me to watch football these days. My wife studies traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. I cannot and will not ignore CTE studies. But I also can't stop watching football. It has always been one of my favorite things. If brings me together with my family, especially my dad. I have friends who I only keep in touch with over fantasy football. I base my schedule in the fall around Sunday afternoon games.

But for the first time ever, I'm really disheartened watching it. Like I feel guilty. Football means a lot to me, but I guess maybe it is slowly meaning less. It makes me sad that something I love is stealing people's futures. But i won't miss watching a single Bills game for the 14th straight year.

Cognitive dissonance re: football sucks.

On a more serious note, it is harder for me to watch football these days. My wife studies traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. I cannot and will not ignore CTE studies. But I also can't stop watching football. It has always been one of my favorite things. If brings me together with my family, especially my dad. I have friends who I only keep in touch with over fantasy football. I base my schedule in the fall around Sunday afternoon games.

But for the first time ever, I'm really disheartened watching it. Like I feel guilty. Football means a lot to me, but I guess maybe it is slowly meaning less. It makes me sad that something I love is stealing people's futures. But i won't miss watching a single Bills game for the 14th straight year.

Cognitive dissonance re: football sucks.

I feel that. I feel the same with hockey. I play, I want my kids to play (if they want to), yet I know full well the damage it can do.

I feel bad for footballers because the league treats them like cattle. They might make a good buck even if they play a season or two, but at that point a lot of the damage is done, and then they're left with some money they don't know how to use properly and a little helping of brain damage. They're disposable gladiators.

I feel that. I feel the same with hockey. I play, I want my kids to play (if they want to), yet I know full well the damage it can do.

I feel bad for footballers because the league treats them like cattle. They might make a good buck even if they play a season or two, but at that point a lot of the damage is done, and then they're left with some money they don't know how to use properly and a little helping of brain damage. They're disposable gladiators.

Sort of cruel when you think about the money. They destroy their bodies to prove themselves to teams, then have agents fight for every last penny. And in the end, how many of them will just use that money to pay for medical treatments, then leave a fortune behind when they die at 50?

Worst wildfire season in decades in the interior has blotted out the local sky with a smokey haze for nearly a week now.

Feel bad complaining when it is far worse for the people where the fires are actually burning, but it is damn depressing not to see the blue above or the mountains on the horizon or the stars at night during some of the warmest days of the year.

Must be what it's like for the folks in Beijing all the time.

Edited by dudacek

Its summer and everyone at work is falling sick :(

worst thing is they are all supervisors and one by one they are falling sick, and I'm caught doing crazy hours because everyone else are Idiots whom can't even work independent.

So always need a supervisor present, and 3 people are tying to cover every shift 24/7, glad I have my vacation coming in two weeks....

I've been lucky to avoid the latest round of sickness circulating through our office, but given that we're an open-cubicle style work area with at least 20 people in here, I'm bound to catch something again. We've had this configuration for a little over a year now and I've gotten sick twice. I blame my upper management for thinking this was a good idea.

Today's complaint...everything that you can do nothing about. The continued mouthing off of our President, people telling you how sick they are, idiots on the road, reports that you can't eat this, reports that you actually can (and should) eat the same thing, etc. I almost want to tell everyone off and win Powerball. My wife keeps telling me how we should buy a private Caribbean island - I'm starting to warm up to the idea.