Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Who would you cast to play Ville?

Ville.  I would also shoot the death scene Greek theater style.

You guys picked up on that, huh? I think the name I used was French, so maybe I'd cast Gerard Depardieu for the role. :)

People need to stop acting like a jilted teenage lover over this Babcock decision. Yeesh.

He promised to take me to prom and now he is taking Victoria. He's a big poopy face and I hope he loses the homecoming football game!

Lol, I am already over him.  I am curious to see who Buffalo ends up with as coach.

My friend -- I feel your pain. All I can say is that everyone -- no matter how wealthy or successful -- has regrets, and everyone wonders what might have been. But not everyone has a loving wife, a healthy baby and a solid job. There are literally millions of people who would love to trade places with you. The key is not to focus on what you don't have -- it's to focus on what you do have, which is a lot.

Liger -- that was an awesome response.

You are right. I'm in a good place but I'm not sure I'm happy. I think it stems from how I feel about myself. I look in the mirror (both literally and metaphorically) and I don't like what I see. I feel like I'm constantly searching for something better that isn't and won't ever be there. I refuse to be content and I can't fix it. I hate being in this place and I want to embrace what I have but this longing for improvement out of my control is blinding me to what I already have.

You are right. I'm in a good place but I'm not sure I'm happy. I think it stems from how I feel about myself. I look in the mirror (both literally and metaphorically) and I don't like what I see. I feel like I'm constantly searching for something better that isn't and won't ever be there. I refuse to be content and I can't fix it. I hate being in this place and I want to embrace what I have but this longing for improvement out of my control is blinding me to what I already have.

Sabrespace RX:

- Try really hard to be the best father and husband you can be.

- Exercise regularly -- there is no better way to get rid of stress/depression than by sweating it out.

- Have a night out with your wife and some friends.

- Read fiction for 20-30 min before bed.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Sabrespace RX:

- Exercise regularly -- there is no better way to get rid of stress/depression than by sweating it out.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Wise words. 

Mid life crisis?  My wife tells me to buy the camero when this happens and don't sleeze around.

Sabrespace RX:

Satisfaction guaranteed.

...and turn off the television.

Wife lost her wallet. In Dallas. No Money / No ID.

This is gonna be FUN!

Seemingly twice a year my wife puts the fear in me with these five words:  "I can't find my wallet".

An old acquaintance posted a prom pic of me and an ex from 25 years ago. The pic is fine. It just really hit me hard. I've spent 20+ years trying to forget her. She was my first everything. I was emotionally immature, ###### things all up and have spent more days than I care to thinking of what could have been. After the pic was posted, I stayed up most of the night thinking about it.

After a couple days of reflection, I realize what bothered me the most. It wasn't the thoughts of her that bothered me. It was the thoughts of me or more to the point, where I was in life and where I was headed. I was young, handsome, intelligent on my way to college with endless potential for life.

Then I spent the next decade boozing and smoking my face off. Ruining my body and stalling any chance I had at maintaining the trajectory I was supposed to be on. I mean, I'm in a decent place now but it took working 15 years from the bottom up in a factory. I have a beautiful, healthy baby and a wife who loves me. Just wondering what could have been...

I am most likely the last person anyone should ever listen to about anything. You have set me to thinking though.

I've had a similar revelation. Girl from 20+ years ago. She is perfect. I'm too worried about booze and drugs at the time. Rick James is right. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. I didn't even care when she left. At the time. I was very handsome and popular with women.

Life keeps you going forwards though. Being an Ironworker for 25 years has given me good excuse to be wild and reckless for a good portion of my life. A seemingly endless number of regrets.

We snap out of it though and continue to improve the lot we have plowed for ourselves. We marry a very fine lady that loves us even though we are/were bad. Then you hear her name again. It's been 20 years. You realize what an you were for hurting her the way you did. You can picture how it would have been if you only had a brain back then. What a dope! The line keeps moving though.

Now I just love my wife as much as I know I can. I pour my guilt into my devotion to her so I can honestly say that I'm better than before. That's what makes me feel better. You do have one up on me. I saw your pic of that little mini me of yours. That is priceless my friend.

If you are at an Amerks game you should stop by 214 B14. I'll buy you a beer. Oh and one look at me and anyone feels better about themselves. That's no joke bro.

I am most likely the last person anyone should ever listen to about anything. You have set me to thinking though.

I've had a similar revelation. Girl from 20+ years ago. She is perfect. I'm too worried about booze and drugs at the time. Rick James is right. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. I didn't even care when she left. At the time. I was very handsome and popular with women.

Life keeps you going forwards though. Being an Ironworker for 25 years has given me good excuse to be wild and reckless for a good portion of my life. A seemingly endless number of regrets.

We snap out of it though and continue to improve the lot we have plowed for ourselves. We marry a very fine lady that loves us even though we are/were bad. Then you hear her name again. It's been 20 years. You realize what an ###### you were for hurting her the way you did. You can picture how it would have been if you only had a brain back then. What a dope! The line keeps moving though.

Now I just love my wife as much as I know I can. I pour my guilt into my devotion to her so I can honestly say that I'm better than before. That's what makes me feel better. You do have one up on me. I saw your pic of that little mini me of yours. That is priceless my friend.

If you are at an Amerks game you should stop by 214 B14. I'll buy you a beer. Oh and one look at me and anyone feels better about themselves. That's no joke bro.

Good man.

I realize the stories are about far more than this, but if it's any consolation, you were both going to break up with them eventually anyway. You go through all of that stuff for a reason, it's the only way we ever learn.

Valid point.  I am a completely different person now then I was before my super breakout of ridiculousness.  Took several years to figure out who I was but now I know and I am happier for it.  Well 20 years later you think one thing you have to remember you changed over those 20 years.  In my experience if you work hard and are willing to change and adapt, life takes you exactly where you need to go, even if it isn't clear at the time.  

Sorry, that was a little philosophical but Shrader is right.  Sometimes you have to lose to understand what you had and to grow into the person you can be.  

When the #### can I change my ### #### username back?!?!

Why the #### can't I change it back to my log in name at any time?!?!

I guess it's today.

:oops:

Man, it feels good to be me again.

You may be more powerful than you believe. Your control may extend beyond what you can currently imagine. 

There is always something better, but more importantly, there is always something next. We don't get to stand still, time and the universe are weird like that. What you had 20 years ago wasn't good, what came next was a load better. There is no reason what comes next can't be even better. You've got pieces you love, keep them with you. You got pieces you'd like changed. Do the work (I'd say freeman's Rx is a good start, IMO). You are more powerful than you believe.

A year ago I was struggling with the looming collapse of a job that I poured my heart and soul into for 15 years while coming to grips with the fact my kids - centre of my world away from work - were close to flying the coop. What's next? Where's the fun? Where's the purpose?

Now I've been smacked out of the blue by a serious health issue.

The job's gone and I find I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.

The kids don't need me nearly as much either, but they like my company and I still make them smile.

That trapped and empty feeling has kinda disappeared and has been replaced by a mix of fear and an appreciation for the little things.

Not sure what I am trying to tell you except that maybe your longing for improvement isn't what you think it is.

You can't instantly or permanently make yourself feel different or better. And be careful of self-sabotage.

All you can do is take care of yourself and your loved ones, keep moving forward, not be afraid to carve new patterns, and endure.

Life and time will constantly change your perspective and your circumstance and not always in the way you expect or plan.

Satisfaction can come from unexpected places. Just keep living life. You'll find yours.

Edited by dudacek