Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Our jackass of a mayor does not think he needs to declare a state of emergency.

This guy is either stupid, or not very bright.  Can't he look out of his window.

We have had over 100cm (40 inches +) of snow in a 48 hour period.  I know for many of you that does not sound like much, but we average around that for a whole winter.

The streets are impassable and fire trucks are getting stuck in the snow.

WTF are you thinking Mr. Mayor.  Start earning that big salary of yours.  This kind of thing would never happen in Calgary, where they have a real mayor.

Signed,

A disgruntled Sabre Fan In NS.

So my brother has a black lab.  A rescue dog.  Been in the family now about a decade.  Very smart, loving, awesome dog.  I always look forward to seeing him when I go home. Just found out today, he has cancer.  2 weeks or so left.  Wish I could have seen him one last time.  

It is complete BS that I am required to retake the GRE.  I have a masters degree already but to go back to grad school for another, GRE.  The point of the GRE is technically to give a standardized score for people leaving undergrad and attempting to get into and complete graduate level work.  I have already completed graduate level work so it is BS.  Basically just another stupid hoop to jump through.  All week I have been stressed because of this dumb thing.  Obviously I have been studying but geometry and quadratic equations?  Why the hell would I remember something I learned 12 years ago when I was a sophomore in high school and have never once used it since?  I am beyond annoyed.  I take it tomorrow and I just want to say that I fully expect it to be dismal.  I only hope I score high enough on the verbal portions to hit the magical 65th percentile mark that is the minimum recommendation.  

I hear ya, man... I was pissed when I had to do that before formally applying to the Masters program here.  At that point I'd been employed in the same line of work for which I was applying for 7 years, and had already taken (and passed) the majority of the core curriculum as a nondegree student.  But I couldn't apply without shelling out $120 or so and wasting my time studying for and taking an exam that doesn't even measure the specific qualities necessary for the program.  SMH.

So my brother has a black lab.  A rescue dog.  Been in the family now about a decade.  Very smart, loving, awesome dog.  I always look forward to seeing him when I go home. Just found out today, he has cancer.  2 weeks or so left.  Wish I could have seen him one last time.  

:cry:

--------------

I said it before, but I really freaking hate early spring.  The snow is gone, but it's still cold.  Everything is brown and ugly-looking outside.  Kind of mirrors my feelings on the Sabres right now... desperately looking for signs of growth and knowing that spring is (eventually) coming, but it feels light-years away right now.

This guy is either stupid, or not very bright.  Can't he look out of his window.

We have had over 100cm (40 inches +) of snow in a 48 hour period.  I know for many of you that does not sound like much, but we average around that for a whole winter.

WTF are you thinking Mr. Mayor.  Start earning that big salary of yours.  This kind of thing would never happen in Calgary, where they have a real mayor.

Signed,

I truly do sympathize with you for the lack of preparedness of Halifax, but there is always a bright side, nothing better to do when your stranded in your house than to watch a little TV :angel:

I truly do sympathize with you for the lack of preparedness of Halifax, but there is always a bright side, nothing better to do when your stranded in your house than to watch a little TV snuggle up with the lady.   :angel:

Fixed.

I broke a bone in my dominant hand and I don't even have a cool story to tell about how I did it - I have no idea. 5 weeks in a cast and everything at work takes so much longer than it needs to with just my off-hand and a club.

41 years of life and sports without ever having broken a bone and now I break one for no reason.

Edited by Assquatch

Signed,

Don't let anyone here fool you, 4 ft of snow in 2 days almost anywhere in WNY is a big deal. Maybe not a state of emergency, but enough that people will be altering plans and travel. I know what it's like when people around here get snow, so I feel for you.

I was changing the battery in the wife's car this morning and I broke off a bracket bolt. What a pain in the ass. Oh well, that's why we have zip ties and bungee cords, I guess.

Oh, that sucks. Nothing like breaking something on an "easy" job.

My complaint: I don't do a ton of work on my cars, but I do the easy stuff like brakes. Somehow, despite seeing those two threaded holes in the rotors for the last 5-6 times I've done them, it never dawned on me that I could use those to pop the rotor off the hub when it's rusted on. I always figured they were for some puller tool that I didn't have, but find the right bolt and turn it in until the rotor pops off the hub. I've spent way too much time trying to pop rotors off. Last night it took me from 9:30 to 11 to do the left side, and only 45 minutes to do the other side and test drive the car. On the bright side, your beer doesn't get warm when you're working in the dark in your driveway and it's 38 out. :)

Don't let anyone here fool you, 4 ft of snow in 2 days almost anywhere in WNY is a big deal. Maybe not a state of emergency, but enough that people will be altering plans and travel. I know what it's like when people around here get snow, so I feel for you.

Oh, that sucks. Nothing like breaking something on an "easy" job.

My complaint: I don't do a ton of work on my cars, but I do the easy stuff like brakes. Somehow, despite seeing those two threaded holes in the rotors for the last 5-6 times I've done them, it never dawned on me that I could use those to pop the rotor off the hub when it's rusted on. I always figured they were for some puller tool that I didn't have, but find the right bolt and turn it in until the rotor pops off the hub. I've spent way too much time trying to pop rotors off. Last night it took me from 9:30 to 11 to do the left side, and only 45 minutes to do the other side and test drive the car. On the bright side, your beer doesn't get warm when you're working in the dark in your driveway and it's 38 out. :)

Tell me about it! I put the ratchet on the bolt and flicked my wrist and I hear "ping" and see a puff of rusty dust, lo and behold there is half a bolt in the socket and half a bolt in the frame. I believe my exact words were "..... Ahhh, sh!t"

Monday was pretty bad.  I was awoken by the lunatic shrieks of my Gramma's caretaker.  I knew exactly what happened, Gramma fell.

She's 88, and suffered a hairline pelvic fracture and a concussion 4 months ago.  It was a major setback to her mobility and general day to day lucidity (she has dementia and is already pretty far gone).

This time, it was a major pelvic fracture and another concussion.  My mom and I have doubts that my Gramma will ever walk again. At least at seems at this point that she'll live.  The doctors in the trauma ward still haven't ruled out surgery.

The caretaker had my dear Grannis Baratheon sitting on the edge of her bed unsupported.  No common sense.  She is so fired.

I need to take a break from that splattering Shartfest over at the F'NC so here we go.

1. I had a Shartfest of my own on Monday night after I got food poisoning from eating at the work. oof

2. I never need to hear or read hashtag-anything ever again. Ever!

3. I have enough actual drama in my life that I just can't take the made up BS from the cackling hens at work. Just shut up and do your jobs and don't worry what someone else may or may not be doing. That is their business.

There's more, but I do feel better.

That's a lot of sharts man...

My complaint: Radon.  Had the house inspected.  Stood by our offer, just waiting for the radon test to come back to get our financing.  Come to find out that the radon reading was at 24 [units unknown], EPA allows 4 [units unkown].  Now we need a mitigation system in place.  Seller got a quote, and it's $2,000.  At first they wanted us to pay.  Now they are saying how about 50-50.  I don't want to pay a penny for it.  I also don't want to lose this house over $1,000....

everything else is immaculate with this house.  It's absolutely perfect, and it's got a lot of potential (partially finished basement...just begging me to finish it with a bar, garage with workshop in the back, shed, 0.5 acres, near a decent school here in CNY...). 

That's a lot of sharts man...

My complaint: Radon. Had the house inspected. Stood by our offer, just waiting for the radon test to come back to get our financing. Come to find out that the radon reading was at 24 [units unknown], EPA allows 4 [units unkown]. Now we need a mitigation system in place. Seller got a quote, and it's $2,000. At first they wanted us to pay. Now they are saying how about 50-50. I don't want to pay a penny for it. I also don't want to lose this house over $1,000....

everything else is immaculate with this house. It's absolutely perfect, and it's got a lot of potential (partially finished basement...just begging me to finish it with a bar, garage with workshop in the back, shed, 0.5 acres, near a decent school here in CNY...).

I've never been through the home buying process, so I can't really speak to whether you should call their bluff. But, given your description, it seems like the kind of thing 5 years from now you may be saying "should've just sucked it up and paid" if you elect to walk away. If the house and location is so good I'd probably pay, but it's not my money and I'm not the best negotiator in the world either, so...

I've never been through the home buying process, so I can't really speak to whether you should call their bluff. But, given your description, it seems like the kind of thing 5 years from now you may be saying "should've just sucked it up and paid" if you elect to walk away. If the house and location is so good I'd probably pay, but it's not my money and I'm not the best negotiator in the world either, so...

Well.  I just got the call from my realtor.  They are going to pay for the whole thing.  The fact that I didn't concede at all and the fact that they need to sell since they already have another house that they are moving into helped!! WOOHOO!

Well.  I just got the call from my realtor.  They are going to pay for the whole thing.  The fact that I didn't concede at all and the fact that they need to sell since they already have another house that they are moving into helped!! WOOHOO!

:thumbsup: