Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Only managed 3 hrs sleep last night. Working until 10:30 tonight is going to SUCK!

Trashed my knee on Sunday (contributed to lack of sleep last night). I'm walking like Snake Pliskin right now. Can't straighten it all the way, and putting weight on it is very painful. And it is swollen.

And, tomorrow and Friday are company holidays but I have to work all day Friday starting at 8am. We have contractors in from Italy and they need to be babysat while they work on installing new equipment. The hours are going to be tough. I've been on 2nd shift for some time now. My body is pretty well set to sleep around 1am. 6am wake up is going to be damned early. I'm too damned old to operate on this little sleep anymore.

How'd you fudge up your knee? If you can find this stuff locally (or order online) I highly recommend it... saved mine after bashing it on some ice snowboarding a few years back. Probably helps more early on, but really cuts down on the inflammation so it doesn't stiffen up and bruise as badly.

http://sorenomoreusa.com/cool-therapy-gel

We had thundersnow here in Baltimore today. :w00t: My complaint, we got virtually bupkus accumulation after all the hype.

Ha! Same here... they were calling for 4-8" of snow, and we *might* end up with 1-2". Little anticlimactic. Which leads to my complaint: 35 degree rain! F that.

My complaint pertains to tomorrow so I guess it may qualify as a complaint Thursday.

My sister is making dinner. Problem is so is my mother-in law. For years it was always one family would host dinner. However, my sister and mother have become addicted to the early shopping crap that is a complaint in its own right. Therefore her dinner is at 2. My in-laws is at 5. All week I have been listening to my wife tell me how much food her mom is making and we can't eat much at my sister's because nobody will be hungry at 5. On the flip side I have my mom telling me how much her and my sister are making and "it's going to so nice having all the kids together ".

So instead of having a nice relaxing day I will be trying to make sure both my sister and mother-in law are satisfied with my food intake. Don't get me wrong I can eat but eating usually requires sleeping. Hopefully my sister is not offended when I take a 3:00-4:30 nap in preperation for the next feast at 5.

welcome to the life of divorced parents. Before my fiance came along, I used to have 2 dinners. dad's family dinner was at 2, mom's family dinner at 4/5. Had to be at both.

Now, Christmas is my families holday, and thanksgiving belongs to my fiance. We go to her grandmothers with 23 other people for Thanksgiving (best food I've had on a thanksgiving too, just don't tell my nana! :angel: ) Christmas, we go to my mom's family party the weekend before xmas, and my dad's side on Xmas eve. fun times...

oh, and my complaint: I want more snow. I am so excited to get on my skis this year. I changed my workout routine this summer to include more leg work, and I feel like my legs are in the best shape they've ever been in.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

My kid is completely berserker. Life with my kid is completely berserker. I honestly don't know how my wife and I make it through a day. I have no idea what our life with her will look like in six months, let alone ten or twenty years, and quite frankly, it's not healthy for us to look that far ahead.

I think that's why I don't take things too seriously and take advantage of absolutely every opportunity to have a good time that comes along.

Tomorrow, I know that I will be on the other side of this trade, but today, in keeping with the thread, my kid is berserker.

Oh, and ###### the tank!

Edited by SwampD

Hi everyone. Long time reader but infrequent poster.

I composed a response complaining about getting hurt playing in a "Friendship Tournament" in Montreal a few weeks ago by a Masshole who missed the message about it being no checking. He broke a couple of my ribs, and it's been a very painful three weeks since then. Getting better, but it ain't been fun, as any of you who have ever suffered this misfortune knows.

Now I have a real complaint, however. I seem to have lost my post in cyberspace somewhere and couldn't get it to upload to the site. I know I'm a hopeless wretch on the computer, as my kids will gladly tell you, but this is frustrating!

Oh, well, no big deal. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone. Long time reader but infrequent poster.

I composed a response complaining about getting hurt playing in a "Friendship Tournament" in Montreal a few weeks ago by a Masshole who missed the message about it being no checking. He broke a couple of my ribs, and it's been a very painful three weeks since then. Getting better, but it ain't been fun, as any of you who have ever suffered this misfortune knows.

Now I have a real complaint, however. I seem to have lost my post in cyberspace somewhere and couldn't get it to upload to the site. I know I'm a hopeless wretch on the computer, as my kids will gladly tell you, but this is frustrating!

Oh, well, no big deal. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Heal up soon dude, broken ribs are no fun. Ouch.

Cheddar cheese that isn't sharp enough. When it says "extra sharp" on the package, dammit, it needs to be extra sharp.

I can honestly say that I am dumbfounded by this post. I honestly believed that I was already aware of everything in my life that I should be angry about. This is disturbing and absolutely true. Extra sharp means extra sharp. It doesn't mean kinda sharp or somewhat sharp.

Dammnit!

Cheese is the one thing I will spend more money on than alcohol. I have a cutting board just for cheese.

I could be that guy if I didn't want to blow up like a balloon. As it is I sometimes spring for whole cashews. A healthier option and even presents a unique bouquet in the bathroom. The problem with buying cashews is that it's a gamble: sometimes they're roasted just right, and other times the roasting is off; and that slight difference makes all the difference in the world.

I could be that guy if I didn't want to blow up like a balloon. As it is I sometimes spring for whole cashews. A healthier option and even presents a unique bouquet in the bathroom. The problem with buying cashews is that it's a gamble: sometimes they're roasted just right, and other times the roasting is off; and that slight difference makes all the difference in the world.

So you keep cheese and nuts in your commode eh?

Ummm... While we are on the topic of cheese, can we remove "American Cheese" from the store shelves or at least move it to the pet food section. They can't even legally call it cheese, it's cheese food or processed cheese type. Blah!!!

They put that ###### on everything in this quadrant of Pennsyltucky that I'm located in. It's beyond ridiculous the things they put it on. "old Forge pizza" aka grilled cheese with sauce...holy ###### gross!!!