Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People at work who are paid a fair salary, but feel they should make more because there are other higher paid employees doing less work(same department, completely different jobs and teams). Take the blinders off and open your eyes. What a dream world they live in!

I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at Noon today... FML.

Please stay away from the computer when you get home and are still feeling the effects of the anesthetic. We don't need you professing your love for chz again. :lol:

As much as I LOVE my Keurig machine I hate the cost of the 'pod'.

I have two Keurigs I'll be selling soon for the same reason. I bought this two weeks ago and I love it. Easy single cups of coffee that uses regular coffee (no pods) and almost as easy as the Keurig.

Please stay away from the computer when you get home and are still feeling the effects of the anesthetic. We don't need you professing your love for chz again. :lol:

Oh you are complaining now but wait til it's done. You will hurt for an hour or 2 but once the drugs kick in you will be sleeping like a baby, or protesting your love to a tree.

My complaint, have to work late but life is good otherwise so no point in b1tching about it.

Today's complaint: people at work who complain about the amount of work they perceive someone else to be doing. I have someone here that goes around saying that I do nothing all day, and that they wish they could do what I do. news flash! you have no idea how much work I do or don't do in a day...lay off! I do plenty of work in a day thank you very much.

I have one at home and one in my office. My cost of coffee has skrocketed. I aint going back. I like my coffee tasting exactly the same, cup to cup..

More driving fun this morning. Two different scenarios:

1. I was driving down your typical road (one lane for my direction, one lane for the other direction) with not a car in sight in my lane. The other direction was backed up quite a bit. Some guy who was about a quarter of a mile away from the left turn he needed to make decided to pull into my lane (you know, the one for people going the opposite direction) and leapfrog all the cars so he could make his turn. Who cares if I'm headed right towards him, he needs to shave 30 seconds off his drive, ######!

2. On another standard road like that, two buses headed in opposite directions decided to stop next to each other so they could have a conversation. There's no shoulder, so I'm stuck waiting behind them while they're probably talking about who got kicked off of american idol last night.

Whatever you do, take your pain maintenence medication as directed to the letter. I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed in my early 20's and the procedure itself went fine. Then the next day my friend calls me and says he has two tickets in the golds for a Sabres -Pens game, in fact this might have been my last game at the Aud. Anyway, I popped my tylenol with codeine before heading out and figured I'd be fine until I got home after the game. Well driving down route 5 after the game it began to wear off, I'm talking excrutiating pain. I had my friend doing about 90 on Camp road to get home to get more meds.

Today's complaint: people at work who complain about the amount of work they perceive someone else to be doing. I have someone here that goes around saying that I do nothing all day, and that they wish they could do what I do. news flash! you have no idea how much work I do or don't do in a day...lay off! I do plenty of work in a day thank you very much.

People at work who are paid a fair salary, but feel they should make more because there are other higher paid employees doing less work(same department, completely different jobs and teams). Take the blinders off and open your eyes. What a dream world they live in!

Hmmm.............

I have two Keurigs I'll be selling soon for the same reason. I bought this two weeks ago and I love it. Easy single cups of coffee that uses regular coffee (no pods) and almost as easy as the Keurig.

I don't always drink coffee, but when I do I use a French Press. Stay thirsty my friends.

Yeah, the press is kinda tough to clean up, but it was <$15 at IKEA. For cleaning up, this seems to work best: take a paper towel, put it in the sink. Add a little water to the spent grounds, swirl it around, and dump them into the paper towel.

wicked screwed up back. can't sleep more that 4-5 hours, and that's just from sheer exhaustion. can't get to my chiro until tomorrow. popping ibuprofen like they're little blue red hots. muscle

relaxants and pain killers aren't even helping.

My back used to go out regularly (thank goodness it has been OK for the last 2 years or so, knock wood). I discovered that for some reason, even though the ibuprofen did kill the pain, it aggravated the muscle spasms. I switched to acetaminophen (the timed-release caplets) and that made a huge difference.

Do go and have the tests done though - severe back pain is nothing to mess with.

Don't worry, our favorite mod is safe. All four are being surgically extracted so I am being put completely under. Thanks for all the advice and I doubt I will feel good enough to watch hockey tonight but LETS GO BUFFALO!

You do know that there is an accessory that will allow you to use regular ground coffee with your Keurig machine:

http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup

My machine came with one, but you can buy it separately. I've not used mine, but it seems pretty simple. Just a thought....

BTW, I love my machine - it is a Cuisinart, but it uses the K-cups. I used to drink tea at work because it was easier to make, but now I have about three cups of Joe a day (in fact, I'm going to make a cup right now!)

Whatever you do, take your pain maintenence medication as directed to the letter. I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed in my early 20's and the procedure itself went fine. Then the next day my friend calls me and says he has two tickets in the golds for a Sabres -Pens game, in fact this might have been my last game at the Aud. Anyway, I popped my tylenol with codeine before heading out and figured I'd be fine until I got home after the game. Well driving down route 5 after the game it began to wear off, I'm talking excrutiating pain. I had my friend doing about 90 on Camp road to get home to get more meds.

if i know i'm going to be out for a while, regardless of how well whatever pain meds i'm on may work, i *always* bring an extra dose for the exact reason you mentioned. also as a general rule, i try (not so successfully) to take a minimum dose as well, so a) i don't get addicted, b) i don't end up building up a tolerance as fast. case in point: i used to get wicked severe tension headaches ALL the time. this recent back flare-up is bad, yes--but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the sh**-storm headaches i used to get. we're talking hospitalization on some occasions, with an IV drip of what the doctor called "a migraine cocktail (torodol, thorozine, and benedryl. trust me--you feel precisely nothing ... until it wears off, then you're back in the 3rd inner ring of hell.). anyway, most of the time, when i'd go to the med clinic, i'd be prescribed a muscle relaxant and a pain killer. the pain killer, almost invariably, was lortab. at first, one 5 mg pill would be enough to kick my ass to the curb from monday until thursday. that was 12 years ago. now, it takes a minimum of 10 mg to even dull the pain, and it lasts maybe 4-6 hours. not cool. especially when i'm only prescribed 20 5mg pills. at best, that lasts 2-3 days, after which i'm calling back and asking for a refill, and i end up looking like a freakin' pill junkie. thankfully my primary physician knows me well enough to know that i'm not, and he more often than not helps with refills.

anyway, to LGR4M, indeed--ensure that you take your recommended dose as prescribed, but if you're out and about (AND you're not behind the wheel), bring a secondary or tertiary dose just in case. cuz yah--pain at that level can drive one to suicidal tendencies, even if you're never of that mindset as a general rule.

My back used to go out regularly (thank goodness it has been OK for the last 2 years or so, knock wood). I discovered that for some reason, even though the ibuprofen did kill the pain, it aggravated the muscle spasms. I switched to acetaminophen (the timed-release caplets) and that made a huge difference.

Do go and have the tests done though - severe back pain is nothing to mess with.

i kid you not, i had my wisdom teeth taken out in portugal. i wasn't able to do much of anything for about 2 weeks other than sit up, drink through a straw, and eat pudding. good luck man! and thanks for the tests advice. i'm going to go in tomorrow (day off, thankfully).

I bought the filter basket thingy for like $15

I've got one too. It works nice but is a pain to empty/refill. (I know, Lindy made me soft)

I had read many reviews of it leaking grounds everywhere. I bought it anyway a couple years ago thinking the people complaining were just using it wrong. Mine did the same thing. Took it back after using it twice. I wonder if they've improved them since.

Holy coffee snobs!

Having 1 cup of coffee is like going into a bar and ordering 3 chicken wings. Do it right kids......

Like Sabre Dance I have a Cuisinart...but a 12 cup with stainless steel insulated caraffe. The coffee stays hot and tastes good for a good 3-4 hours. What do these Prius-K-Cups cost? You can make a pot of very good coffee for $1.

Now you're in for it. I'm going to make a pot and cascade you all with a few dozen Darcy Sucks posts in about an hour when I'm at peak.

Holy coffee snobs!

Having 1 cup of coffee is like going into a bar and ordering 3 chicken wings. Do it right kids......

Like Sabre Dance I have a Cuisinart...but a 12 cup with stainless steel insulated caraffe. The coffee stays hot and tastes good for a good 3-4 hours. What do these Prius-K-Cups cost? You can make a pot of very good coffee for $1.

Now you're in for it. I'm going to make a pot and cascade you all with a few dozen Darcy Sucks posts in about an hour when I'm at peak.

Finally, you're talking some sense. Everything in this post is 100% spot on.

Holy coffee snobs!

Here's the thing with Keurig:

You can have a different type of coffee each time as well as teas, hot chocolate...

It takes about 3 minutes to heat up and brews a cup in about 30secs.

My reason for getting it was to not spend 2 bucks a day at Timmy Ho's or MickeyD's

Pods are anywhere from .42 to .80

I still have the brewer for parties.

Here's the thing with Keurig:

You can have a different type of coffee each time as well as teas, hot chocolate...

It takes about 3 minutes to heat up and brews a cup in about 30secs.

My reason for getting it was to not spend 2 bucks a day at Timmy Ho's or MickeyD's

Pods are anywhere from .42 to .80

I still have the brewer for parties.

I'm with you, Chz -- I got one several years ago because I live alone and just brew one cup to take with me on the way to work, so it's not worth the time and cleanup to make a full pot. (That, and I somehow always overestimate how much ground coffee to use and end up with stuff that tastes awful.) Most of the varieties I get work out to around 50-55 cents a cup, which is more expensive than brewing a pot but still far less than Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. And I like the variety as well. I generally only do coffee, but I buy four boxes at a time and get different brands and brew strengths so I can pick something that suits me and still have things my dad will drink when he comes to visit. I love that thing.

Edit: Hmm, maybe this should be in the "Things That are Awesome" thread, lol.

Edited by biodork

I'm with you, Chz -- I got one several years ago because I live alone and just brew one cup to take with me on the way to work, so it's not worth the time and cleanup to make a full pot. (That, and I somehow always overestimate how much ground coffee to use and end up with stuff that tastes awful.) Most of the varieties I get work out to around 50-55 cents a cup, which is more expensive than brewing a pot but still far less than Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. And I like the variety as well. I generally only do coffee, but I buy four boxes at a time and get different brands and brew strengths so I can pick something that suits me and still have things my dad will drink when he comes to visit. I love that thing.

Edit: Hmm, maybe this should be in the "Things That are Awesome" thread, lol.

Yes, I was going to post that earlier...