Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm with you, Chz -- I got one several years ago because I live alone and just brew one cup to take with me on the way to work, so it's not worth the time and cleanup to make a full pot. (That, and I somehow always overestimate how much ground coffee to use and end up with stuff that tastes awful.) Most of the varieties I get work out to around 50-55 cents a cup, which is more expensive than brewing a pot but still far less than Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. And I like the variety as well. I generally only do coffee, but I buy four boxes at a time and get different brands and brew strengths so I can pick something that suits me and still have things my dad will drink when he comes to visit. I love that thing.

Edit: Hmm, maybe this should be in the "Things That are Awesome" thread, lol.

Awesome women think alike :D

Holy coffee snobs!

Having 1 cup of coffee is like going into a bar and ordering 3 chicken wings. Do it right kids......

Like Sabre Dance I have a Cuisinart...but a 12 cup with stainless steel insulated caraffe. The coffee stays hot and tastes good for a good 3-4 hours. What do these Prius-K-Cups cost? You can make a pot of very good coffee for $1.

Now you're in for it. I'm going to make a pot and cascade you all with a few dozen Darcy Sucks posts in about an hour when I'm at peak.

Could never just drink one cup of coffee. I tend to just make a pot and let it sit for a day or so. If I don't drink it all at once, hey, throw it in the microwave.

I do like the gourmet fancy stuff though. Starbucks French roast is the only coffee that still gives me a little buzz.

Could never just drink one cup of coffee. I tend to just make a pot and let it sit for a day or so. If I don't drink it all at once, hey, throw it in the microwave.

I do like the gourmet fancy stuff though. Starbucks French roast is the only coffee that still gives me a little buzz.

:sick:

I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was still doing theater tech stuff back then. The day after I was climbing around in the rafters of my high school aiming lights and drooling blood all over the place. :lol: :sick:

I still have one coming in, which is a little painful at times. The other three are all present and accounted for.

Sorry, Liger, I can't get a feel for what you're going through.

Well i lived, now i feel like crap, can barely speak, and can't eat until tonight... happy days. :death:

Too bad you can still type. :lol: ;)

And please note the emoticons there. This was a joke that was just too easy to pass up.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was still doing theater tech stuff back then. The day after I was climbing around in the rafters of my high school aiming lights and drooling blood all over the place. :lol: :sick:

Funny story about post widsom teeth surgery: I ran into my girlfriend and her father right after she got her wisdom teeth taken out. We both live in Elmira, but we ran into eachother completely by at random at the McDonald's in Ithaca (fifty minutes away). She was drugged up laying in the car and didn't believe me when I told her who I was. :P

Complaint: Yesterday, my new laptop was supposed to be delivered to my house but UPS bitched out because of the weather conditions (they weren't that bad). Today, I went on rotation at the hospital an hour later than usual because of a scheduling conflict. On a normal day, I would've been home in plenty of time to beat the UPS guy but, as fate would have it, I missed him by fifteen minutes. :wallbash:

I'm going to pick it up at the ups office tonight. Luckily, the place is right next to my brother's new apartment so I can go pick it up while I help him move furniture. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been worth the gas.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Well i lived, now i feel like crap, can barely speak, and can't eat until tonight... happy days. :death:

Don't go sucking on anything until you're healed. You'll get dry socket.

And stay near a bathroom... the anesthesia has a tendency to make you sick. I made the mistake of having red Italian ice as my first post-surgery meal. :sick:

Please stay away from the computer when you get home and are still feeling the effects of the anesthetic. We don't need you professing your love for chz again. :lol:

Speak for yourself. That was high entertainment.

Don't go sucking on anything until you're healed. You'll get dry socket.

I just had an unplanned 2 hour phone call for a project that was all based upon one major assumption:

"If they allow us to break from the standard procedure, this is what we will do"

Don't you think we should check and see if they'll let us break protocol like that first before going off on a long-winded planning session?