Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

THe field I am in required 2 degrees. A BA or BS and a degree in mortuary science. Go them both in Cincinnati. My entire family is in the funeral business.I am not saying a degree is worthless , rather just putting the ? out there for discussion.

I don't know that there is much to discuss. The empirical evidence says you will make 84% more over your lifetime with a bachelors degree than a HS diploma - and your upper end is stratospherically higher.

I think that's why the field is so lucrative. I have no idea why this stuff makes sense to me and not someone else, but i do count my blessings.

I'm planning on going back to school to get a degree in IT. I hear that it's really lucrative right now, but I also want to get into it and enjoy it.

My gosh you ain't kidding. My daughter got admitted to her "dream school" early action and my husband and I are in a bit of a panic trying to figure out how we are going to pay for it. We are not rich, but comfortable, and therein lies the rub. Low income = paid for, wealthy=no problem, we can pay. Middle class? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's University of Chicago and the tuition plus room and board and whatever else is almost $60,000 a year. Seriously. We will get some aid, and she has some merit scholarships. I hope the package is enough to make it viable for her. She really wants to attend that school very badly, and it really is perfect for her.

:cry: Holy cow! All of a sudden I don't feel so bad...and I also fall into the same middle class problem you stated above.

I'm planning on going back to school to get a degree in IT. I hear that it's really lucrative right now, but I also want to get into it and enjoy it.

Once you get past entry-level PC support, it's a pretty good gig. Depending on your environment, the off-hours work can suck but probably a lot better than the hours for your current job. The only problem I run into are people working in IT that seem to hate doing IT work. Similar to Engineering, you tend to get a lot of people that see it as a lucrative career regardless of whether they're good at it or like doing it (not saying this is you AT ALL, just making a general observation). I wonder if doctors and lawyers experience the same thing?

Complaint: tweaked something in the 'wedding tackle' yesterday, and I'm really uncomfortable today. I wasn't doing anything fun, even.

My gosh you ain't kidding. My daughter got admitted to her "dream school" early action and my husband and I are in a bit of a panic trying to figure out how we are going to pay for it. We are not rich, but comfortable, and therein lies the rub. Low income = paid for, wealthy=no problem, we can pay. Middle class? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's University of Chicago and the tuition plus room and board and whatever else is almost $60,000 a year. Seriously. We will get some aid, and she has some merit scholarships. I hope the package is enough to make it viable for her. She really wants to attend that school very badly, and it really is perfect for her.

On the plus side, your daughter got into one of the best schools in the country.

Complaint: tweaked something in the 'wedding tackle' yesterday, and I'm really uncomfortable today. I wasn't doing anything fun, even.

Having a Facebook account and also having a birthday. My phone has been vibrating nonstop since 9am. :P

:blink: Is there another way to tweak your wedding tackle?

Wait, has Mattpie been poking d4rk? :unsure:

The mentioning of IT people in the Buffalo transplants thread is very timely. I have an IT guy treating me like an idiot today.

Hmmm. Quite a reminder for me to work on such people skills as avoiding patronizing and condescending others. So, there's my mea culpa for doing that in the past.

Once you get past entry-level PC support, it's a pretty good gig. Depending on your environment, the off-hours work can suck but probably a lot better than the hours for your current job. The only problem I run into are people working in IT that seem to hate doing IT work. Similar to Engineering, you tend to get a lot of people that see it as a lucrative career regardless of whether they're good at it or like doing it (not saying this is you AT ALL, just making a general observation). I wonder if doctors and lawyers experience the same thing?

:)

We don't hate IT work, we hate having to answer IT questions from every friend and relative who has trouble spelling PC.....

My truck. Is a burden on my soul. And my wallet.

The things that are wrong with it, mechanics can't figure out.

In the temperature range between 38 and 50 it runs like absolute garbage. It shudders under acceleration, cranks and cranks after sitting for 36 hours, throws misfire codes like it's going out of style. But no one knows why. I am miffed.

Going to wait for it to get warmer out and stop acting up and it's going up for sale. I can't keep putting money into this thing. UGH.

And I bought it so that I wouldn't have to deal with this crap. Should have kept my '84 Delta 88. :wallbash:

On the plus side, your daughter got into one of the best schools in the country.

Yes, we are very happy for her! She is a self proclaimed "nerd" and very excited about attending a school where "fun goes to die". :unsure:

I'm really hoping her financial aid covers what we need it to. This has been such a long and involved process. Filling out the FAFSA and CSS were eye opening to say the least. The college application process is not what it used to be. I would even say it has been a bit traumatizing, we've been at it for months. So many deadlines and details.

As for my complaint? Well, all financial concerns aside...I'm wondering how in the hell I'm going to handle the trauma of sending the first one off to college. :cry:

Yes, we are very happy for her! She is a self proclaimed "nerd" and very excited about attending a school where "fun goes to die". :unsure:

I'm really hoping her financial aid covers what we need it to. This has been such a long and involved process. Filling out the FAFSA and CSS were eye opening to say the least. The college application process is not what it used to be. I would even say it has been a bit traumatizing, we've been at it for months. So many deadlines and details.

As for my complaint? Well, all financial concerns aside...I'm wondering how in the hell I'm going to handle the trauma of sending the first one off to college. :cry:

Be thankful she's going away to college. You won't have to listen to stories every single day.