Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm going home from DC to DFW tonight after a business trip. I will miss the Sabres-Bruins game. I went to check... got to the airport early and asked about an ealier flight. The clerk said it would cost $75 to change. I said never mind. She saw my flight was delayed, so she said she would get me on the earlier flight without having to pay the fee. Fine, sounds okay. Doing me a big favor. So I'm walking toward security and realize there's no seat assignment.... STANDBY????? ######. So when the new flight starts boarding, it shows me as #19 on the standby list. Thanks for nothing American Airlines counter clerk. You suck.

So I wait anyway, and sure 'nuff, no room on the early flight. Why get my hopes up? That's just st00pid.

Oh, and now my flight is over an hour and a half late.

I hate AA. :wallbash:

And they wonder why their parent company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last year. Something tells me you're not alone in this area when it comes to complaints for this airline.

My complaint of the week: Piers Morgan. Excuse me, Mr. Morgan, but you don't invite people on with the impression that they're going to talk about a recent movie they made, only to question their mores and values and undermine where they appeal to authority. What he did to Kirk Cameron last week was flat out wrong, and it could be worse than what Rush Limbaugh did to Sandra Fluke. At least Limbaugh apologized to Miz Fluke. I've heard no such thing coming from Mr. Morgan's lips. It was subtle and deceptive, and I question if Morgan has a shred of integrity in him.

There's this ongoing story out here of this BC student who disappeared after a night at the bar about a month ago. They've got missing posters up all over the place now. Today I was driving behind an SUV who had a giant missing poster taped to his back window. I feel sorry for the cop who pulls that car over. They're going to put up such a fight with the whole "it's for a good cause", completely ignorant of the fact that it's blatantly illegal.

This,.. all of it.

Also, whenever I here someone say FML I want to whack them with a reality bat.

How long did it take to dig up that post? This thread is as long as a TSW Mario Williams thread.

And where do I get one of these reality bats? That sounds like a good time.

How long did it take to dig up that post? This thread is as long as a TSW Mario Williams thread.

And where do I get one of these reality bats? That sounds like a good time.

There are only 18 posts with the word "unbelievable" in it authored by SwampD. This was #4.

Search is your friend. :)

Also, whenever I here someone say FML I want to whack them with a reality bat.

When someone uses 'here' for 'hear'. (Just kidding!)

Kinda non-Complaint: riding into fog this morning on the way to work suddenly got a lot colder for the last 10 minutes of the ride.

waking up to the dog throwing up at the end of the bed. Ugh.

Yep. Only for me, that dog was my kid all night long.

Sounds like it was a rough night / morning for a lot of us. Tues night / Wed morning I woke up at 4am after my dog pooped on the bed. (Fortunately he hadn't tracked it so cleanup was quick and I could go back to bed.) Here's how this morning went:

- Woke up about 50 min. before my alarm clock after he'd pooped on the bed and tracked it around.

- Take him outside to finish giong, go back upstairs to clean up and take the blanket off the bed.

- Go back to get him from outside, realize he has poop mashed all around his one foot pad, and put him in the tub to clean it.

- Take him out of the tub to check said foot. I still smell poop, but his feet look clean so I dry him off and set him down.

- I get up and start walking, then realize he must have pooped while I was holding him to dry him off, because I now have poop smashed into my sandal and bath mat. Awesome.

Can't wake up before 7. I needed to be to work by 6 today because I'm leaving early and don't want to burn PTO. Unfortunately, I'm going to be burning about 3 hours today. I guess it's okay, but still ... I'd rather not burn ANYthing--sick leave, floating holiday, PTO ... but something's taking a hit today. Ironically, for the very reason I'm leaving early--to go to the hospital for another round of MRIs to figure out this back issue.

Dying way too young. Over the past month I have received news of three people from my life (two childhood friends and a parishoner at my church) who have passed suddenly. All were late 30's to early 40's. All had young families who will need to grow up without a father. It makes me extremely sad to think about these broken families, while at the same time scaring the crap out of me about my own.

Sorry to be a downer, but just a complaint / sobering thought to put sports (Mario Williams, last night's loss) into some perspective.

Dying way too young. Over the past month I have received news of three people from my life (two childhood friends and a parishoner at my church) who have passed suddenly. All were late 30's to early 40's. All had young families who will need to grow up without a father. It makes me extremely sad to think about these broken families, while at the same time scaring the crap out of me about my own.

Sorry to be a downer, but just a complaint / sobering thought to put sports (Mario Williams, last night's loss) into some perspective.

I'm sorry for your losses. You're right: you hear things like this, and sports takes such a back seat. I hope you can take solace in the memories you have of these people.

IT, 100% IT!

Hey! It's not IT's fault when the user doesn't know how to use their computer (OK, just kidding! No flames, please!) Seriously, although I work in IT, my degree is in laboratory medicine. I know what a pain it is to deal with IT-types sometimes. Including me. :angel:

I relish it when HR at my company sends out one of those anonymous "associate engagement surveys". I wouldn't care if it wasn't anonymous, I'm brutally honest on those things and always end my comments with:

I'm fully aware that my comments and suggestions will not result in any real change, but I appreciate having the opportunity to share my thoughts.

Crib to cubicle to coffin, it's the american dream baby!

Occasionally, really speaking your mind on one of these surveys results in an email from administration that begins, "It has come to our attention that..." No message that begins with those words has ever been good.

I've had thoughts that today could be my last day, and so on, and so forth. We never know when it's our time. We could be a world-class athlete and die from some congenital heart condition, or we could be corpulent and live to our 70's. Nonetheless, I do believe that our time has already been set. We just don't know when that will be for each and every one of us.

My girlfriend's father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on monday and is having surgery as we speak. So yeah, this has been a rough week. It sounds like this may be an ultra rare case where they caught it early, so hopefully he can beat the numbers on this one. The surgeon also worked on Steve Jobs, so he definitely has the best of the best here.

I've been getting the feeling lately that she's worried her family could chase me away (which will never happen) and now this happens. There's never good timing for something like this, but still, what crappy timing.

My girlfriend's father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on monday and is having surgery as we speak. So yeah, this has been a rough week. It sounds like this may be an ultra rare case where they caught it early, so hopefully he can beat the numbers on this one. The surgeon also worked on Steve Jobs, so he definitely has the best of the best here.

I've been getting the feeling lately that she's worried her family could chase me away (which will never happen) and now this happens. There's never good timing for something like this, but still, what crappy timing.

I'm very sorry to hear this, but as you said early detection can be the key, especially with pancreatic cancer. I know a guy who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had the Whipple surgery. That was 15 years ago and he is still alive today.

Sorry to hear about this! I hope it all goes well!