Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 minute ago, Weave said:

LOL thanks.  Pain is diminishing already.  But the whole left side of my face from the center of my nose down is quite swollen.  Slayer show is in jeopardy.

You'd just fit right in with anyone who goes in the pit. 

We have a very sweet, kind-hearted, upbeat young woman working in my office who is great for atmosphere but whose work is lousy and hasn't gotten any better despite repeated exhortations and support.  I think we're going to need to let her go.  I feel awful about it and I'm dreading having to do it.

1 hour ago, N S said:

My failry regular banana compaint, but not the usual one.

Ate 2, so far, today and both did not open nicely and cleanly.  They both split down the side and not at the top.  Man, I hate when that happens.

Dude your doing it all wrong. Hold the banana the other way with the stem down. Give the butt end a good hard pinch and another pinch at 90 degrees. It’ll pop right open and you don’t mash the end like you would wrestling with the stem end.

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

We have a very sweet, kind-hearted, upbeat young woman working in my office who is great for atmosphere but whose work is lousy and hasn't gotten any better despite repeated exhortations and support.  I think we're going to need to let her go.  I feel awful about it and I'm dreading having to do it.

That really sucks. I hate letting people go. Especially really nice people.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, N S said:

My failry regular banana compaint, but not the usual one.

Ate 2, so far, today and both did not open nicely and cleanly.  They both split down the side and not at the top.  Man, I hate when that happens.

Your bananas are minimum 1.5 days from edible.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I hate it when nice people aren't any good at the job I need them to do! But you really have to mess up bad at my employer, I mean it's almost impossible for one of our employees to get canned from incompetence. Sometimes it's maddening!

25 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Your bananas are minimum 1.5 days from edible.

If edible is a squishy stringy mess. Got to have a little green on the skin.

I worked with a dude that ate them so ripe that he was squeezing them out of their skin like a gogurt.

Sick bastard.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

If edible is a squishy stringy mess. Got to have a little green on the skin.

I worked with a dude that ate them so ripe that he was squeezing them out of their skin like a gogurt.

Sick bastard.

No no no! They need little brown freckles. And what is with you and squeezing bananas? ?

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I have no idea what you do, but is there a role she can move into where her skills in the room can continue he while her flaws on the ice won’t hurt the team. People first, if you can get away with it.

Edited by dudacek

Got new granite countertops installed this week. Still struggling to get the plumbing back up and running. When they built this place, they cheaped out and used plastic shutoff valves on the water lines to the faucet. The push/pull type with PEX tubing permanently attached, 1/2” female attachment on the end. Well, that’s pretty useless with current faucets.

Think I need to saw off the plastic ones and replace. Got some shark bite valves that have the correct 3/8” nipple. Problem is, I gotta shut off the water main to do this work, obviously. But I live in a condo, and my main shut off also shuts off water to 7 other units. I’m just going to take my chances tomorrow afternoon and hope everyone is at work. 

How do people finance cars without having anxiety attacks every day? Asking for me. 

Like, I’m probably paying a little over what I’d like to be budget wise for my car, but I don’t have too long left on it, I’m not underwater, and it’s been (mostly) great. But I feel like I’ve thought about the balance owed every damn day since I bought it. That number is in my financial spreadsheets eating a hole in my brain. I was up for hours last night just thinking about it. It gives me anxiety like I’ve never experienced before in my life.

I don’t want to lease or finance a car ever again. I’ve done both now in succession and I hate it. I’d rather go back to driving older cars that are paid for and fully depreciated. A couple grand here and there for repairs tossed on the credit card and then 0% interest balance transferred out is just way more palatable to my conscience. Trying to budget monthly payments for the next decade hurts my soul. 

Allergic reaction to the antibiotic that I am (was, now) taking.  The itching is driving me nuts.  Can’t dose with Benadryl at work.  That stuff throws me for a loop and I need to get work done. 

I’ll sleep good with 2 Benadryls down my gullet, but I’m being tortured right now.

A year or so ago I bought out my lease. You have to adjust your title. So I gathered up all the paperwork/filled out the forms ahead of time, went to the DMV and the guy there treated me like sh!t and told me it was all wrong. His supervisor came over and cleared it up.

Fast forward to now- my registration ran out and I go to renew. Info incorrect. Info incorrect. What the hell? Call the DMV and some saint there (yes they exist) finds out they messed up info on my title. Sorts it out. Good to go.

The second part to this sh!tburger of a week (besides getting ripped off at the dealership, getting screwed on sending a damn package at the USPS, and finding out I'm NOT eligible for profit share until October after all, but not before asking my bosses as to why I didn't get a check and making myself look like a total a$$.....), well, in my half asleep daze at the dealership Tuesday morning, I went ot renew my registration online on my phone. Everything looked legit. Had to pay $111 to get my registration the next day, I thought, "steep, but that's what I get for being dumb and missing the expiration". Oh. Joy. Find out that I, a supposedly computer savvy millennial, managed to not go on the DMV's site, but one of those evil dupe sites that look and act just like the DMV but instead of ".gov" are, in this case, ".us". 
Well, fu*k. The info wasn't going through because of the above problem, so although my card was charged, no product has emerged. Wrote them back to cancel the order and refund the card, and called my credit card company just in case to file a dispute. 

I am in one. Bad. Mood. Mercury in retrograde or some sh!t? I'm over it. This has been A Week. 

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

How do people finance cars without having anxiety attacks every day? Asking for me. 

Like, I’m probably paying a little over what I’d like to be budget wise for my car, but I don’t have too long left on it, I’m not underwater, and it’s been (mostly) great. But I feel like I’ve thought about the balance owed every damn day since I bought it. That number is in my financial spreadsheets eating a hole in my brain. I was up for hours last night just thinking about it. It gives me anxiety like I’ve never experienced before in my life.

I don’t want to lease or finance a car ever again. I’ve done both now in succession and I hate it. I’d rather go back to driving older cars that are paid for and fully depreciated. A couple grand here and there for repairs tossed on the credit card and then 0% interest balance transferred out is just way more palatable to my conscience. Trying to budget monthly payments for the next decade hurts my soul. 

You are a CapEx guy.  Some people are OpEx.

I've basically budgeted a car payment into my financial planning.  It's there, every month, just like a mortgage.  Which, by the way, will eat at you even more than a car will.  I was able to at least get 0% auto loans.  You'll never get that with a house.

The trade-off you are taking on is the trying to plan for when the unexpected repair will happen.

Played hockey Sunday and was on the losing end of a hard collision by the crease. 3 fractured ribs and a bruised lung. It hurts just to breathe. Been sleeping in a recliner because it hurts too much to lie down. Will take 1-2 months to heal.

• Sad 2

Just now, pastajoe said:

Played hockey Sunday and was on the losing end of a hard collision by the crease. 3 fractured ribs and a bruised lung. It hurts just to breathe. Been sleeping in a recliner because it hurts too much to lie down. Will take 1-2 months to heal.

Holy crap.. that had to be one hell of a collision!  When it hurts to breathe... life really sucks.  Hope it heals up sooner.

11 minutes ago, LTS said:

I've basically budgeted a car payment into my financial planning.  It's there, every month, just like a mortgage.  Which, by the way, will eat at you even more than a car will.  I was able to at least get 0% auto loans.  You'll never get that with a house.

The trade-off you are taking on is the trying to plan for when the unexpected repair will happen.

I feel like I'll be able to live with a mortgage as long as I can put enough money down to not be handcuffed if I have to turn around and sell it. It's also, in theory, an appreciating investment, unlike a car. I've been paying rent for so long that I know what numbers will work for me when the time comes to buy a house. I'm certainly not ready for that yet, but I know what will feel right. 

Unexpected car repairs don't really bother me if I can afford them and the car is worth fixing. I think I prefer the gamble because at least then if nothing happens I haven't spent a bunch of money for no reason. Sometimes I think too much about things like "what if I want to take a roadtrip, I'll have to rent a more reliable car", but then I remember that renting a car for a week is mad cheap compared to the added insurance, interest on a loan, etc. 

31 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Broken ribs never heal, you just get used to the pain.  Then about a year later you realize it doesn't hurt anymore.

51 minutes ago, LTS said:

For the first time ever, I just thought about how much money would be saved if a home loan had 0% interest.  My day is now ruined.

32 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I feel like I'll be able to live with a mortgage as long as I can put enough money down to not be handcuffed if I have to turn around and sell it. It's also, in theory, an appreciating investment, unlike a car. I've been paying rent for so long that I know what numbers will work for me when the time comes to buy a house. I'm certainly not ready for that yet, but I know what will feel right. 

Unexpected car repairs don't really bother me if I can afford them and the car is worth fixing. I think I prefer the gamble because at least then if nothing happens I haven't spent a bunch of money for no reason. Sometimes I think too much about things like "what if I want to take a roadtrip, I'll have to rent a more reliable car", but then I remember that renting a car for a week is mad cheap compared to the added insurance, interest on a loan, etc. 

At least with the home loan, you and I would be paying into it together. Your car's just you. 

I don't miss my big monthly lease payment. But I admit it never bothered me when I had it. It was like rent and taxes- has to get paid.