Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

26 minutes ago, ... said:

Not sure what anyone could expect from a 28-page thread titled "Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC".

I would be interested to see what others think would be happening in here right now other than what is actually happening.

Recipe swaps? Some odd tangent into a discussion on stick blade curves? A debate over which year Miata is the best?

It’s too bad that it was pre-internet. I’d be curious to see what the first thread with that title looked like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Homemade garlic bread:

- Any baguette-type long roll is fine.  Cut it in half longwise like you're making a sub sandwich.

- Apply a decent amount of olive oil with a tablespoon to each half of the roll (i.e. several spoonfulls)

- Sprinkle lightly with parsley, oregano and minced garlic

- Bake in oven or toaster oven at 325 for 7 min or so until it browns

- Add some shredded cheese and bake for another 4-5 min

I use melted butter instead of olive oil - I find olive oil tends to overpower the flavor.  Also, a tip I learned from Guy Fieri - add a splash or two of hot sauce to the melted butter before you slather it on the baguette. 

Edited by Cascade Youth

10 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

I use melted butter instead of olive oil - I find olive oil tends to overpower the flavor.  Also, a tip I learned from Guy Fieri - add a splash or two of hot sauce to the melted butter before you slather it on the baguette. 

Certainly butter is superior to olive oil in all bread-related matters (although IMHO the garlic bread comes out quite delicious with olive oil).  I'm just trying to extend the average SabreSpacer's lifespan here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Certainly butter is superior to olive oil in all bread-related matters (although IMHO the garlic bread comes out quite delicious with olive oil).  I'm just trying to extend the average SabreSpacer's lifespan here.

Most of us don’t have the 401k savings to sub olive oil for butter.

I’m working on the 3 B’s retirement program, bacon, butter, and bourbon.  I have no intention of outliving my savings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Since the Kelce's are hockey fans, once Travis retires and marry's Taylor Swift, rumor has it they'll buy the Sabres. Which competing owner do you think Taylor will write a song throwing shade at first? I don't think it will be an owner at all. I think the first thing they'll do is buy out Jeff Skinner and she'll immediately drop a track called "Jesus, Eh? Forget Football I aint no pig SKINNER"

My second guess is she comes after the Leafs and Bieber in one go. 

Edited by Mango

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Since the Kelce's are hockey fans, once Travis retires and marry's Taylor Swift, rumor has it they'll buy the Sabres. Which competing owner do you think Taylor will write a song throwing shade at first? I don't think it will be an owner at all. I think the first thing they'll do is buy out Jeff Skinner and she'll immediately drop a track called "Jesus, Eh? Forget Football I aint no pig SKINNER"

My second guess is she comes after the Leafs and Bieber in one go. 

If Taylor Swift were to buy the Sabres in this hypothetical, Ryan Reynolds would almost certainly be her co-owner. Bring on the deadpool and all of the swifties

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

Here's my twist. Melt butter in a large fry non stick pan, saute garlic in that butter, then sprinkle a generous amount of shaved Parm into that bubbling butter. Once it starts to melt put your bread down so the cheese etc sear into it. Finish by toasting in the oven.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:19 AM, thewookie1 said:

Frankly this seems nothing short of petty by Friedman. 

Its far too absolute to be true and I highly doubt Adams was outright lying when he said he spoke with double digits of candidates. Its far more believable to say Adams is stretching the truth or using a technicality than it is for him to blatantly lie to the press and fans while doing little to nothing for the past week.

Plus we know for a fact Friedman holds a grudge against Adams and the Sabres due to our rather tight lipped front office and the whole Eichel situation in which Friedman carried Eichel's agents viewpoint at every turn.

Shouldn’t fall for clickbait

if you listen to the whole thing Elliot also specifically praises Adams and said he would have done the same thing 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't want you to say anything.

I want you to chill, Daddy.

Chill Relax GIF

Lol - I never miss a chance to deploy that meme. Anyway, to me, it's just not a big deal. He probably did speak to 10+ "people" about the job opening. One of them was probably his dog, Tinsel (she was a Christmas gift a few years ago). Idk. It's just puffery, like I said. Benign, at that. Adams will be gone soon enough.

The "shallow approach" seems dead nuts. Like, he knows the buzz words, but, it's also like, don't dive in, baby.

I don't much care whether they're going to BS us a bit. Emphasis on a bit. That's par for the course. We're not really allowed under the tent to see how the sausage is getting made. (Sorry to mix metaphors.) I only care that the team notch ~95 points next season. That's all I care about.

You’ve touched on a few things in bold here best represented by this clip

21 hours ago, SwampD said:

Absolutely, that roster competition last year in training camp was ridiculous. They should have known the roster going in to camp. So dumb.

I don’t think the roster being set before camp and the system are the same thing though 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Pimlach said:

None of the Buffalo media asked about roster improvements and what Lindy thinks they need.  I would have ask him that.  Ruff knows what they need.   But will he say it on Day 1? 

The BOARD knows what we need and did last summer. Such is the nature of the stones Adams leaves/left unturned. None of it has been “ah well in hindsight”. It’s all obvious 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

and what a live they will have 

Side effects of olive oil includes acne (if used excessively), can show acute allergic reactions in people sensitive to it, skin rashes, breaking the skin's natural moisturizing abilities in case of dry skin, blackheads, inflammations, gall bladder stones, minor to moderate diarrhoea.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Side effects of olive oil includes acne (if used excessively), can show acute allergic reactions in people sensitive to it, skin rashes, breaking the skin's natural moisturizing abilities in case of dry skin, blackheads, inflammations, gall bladder stones, minor to moderate diarrhoea.

Sounds like it's best not to risk it.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

wtf? where'd you get this from?

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You can google anything these days. 

Olive oil is a big part of both the Mediterranean Diet and the Longevity Diet and both have held up to numerous studies as the healthiest for long life. Just saying. 

"You mean there was no deep fat, no steak nor cream pies nor hot fudge?"

"Those were thought to be unhealthy. Precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true."

Edited by Doohickie

In the expression shallow grave, how deep is shallow?

5 hours ago, MattPie said:

Buffalo has a history of doing exhaustive coaching searches, right? This will be fine.

sabres-coach-ron-rolston-fined-for-playe

He has his name on them? Like, who had their eyes on those beauts?

• Haha (+1) 1