Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wondering how many people on here know 21 Buffalo Sabres teams finished with worse records than this year's team.

This team has the longest playoff drought of all time.

Out of a 100+ year old league, with over 30 teams, this one is THE WORST EVER.

... and it's STILL GETTING WORSE.

Edited by seer775

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wondering how many people on here know 21 Buffalo Sabres teams finished with worse records than this year's team.

Furthermore, would you rather lose so bad you get a lottery pick, or just suck enough to miss the playoffs by (one fukcing point)?

... and then do worse the next year somehow???

Edited by seer775

https://www.audacy.com/wben/news/sabres/listen-ruff-you-have-to-win-fans-back-by-playing-good-hockey-and-winning-games

I think reading Lindy’s letter to Sabres fans/business partners is worth the two minutes.  Regardless of who crafted the letter (i.e., Sabres PR), the sentiment sounds genuine.  I think Lindy can get these guys to play like their hair is on fire.  At this point, that would be a huge step in the right direction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, seer775 said:

This team has the longest playoff drought of all time.

Out of a 100+ year old league, with over 30 teams, this one is THE WORST EVER.

... and it's STILL GETTING WORSE.

Didn't all the teams make the playoffs for like ... the first 50 years? Not that it makes our sitch any better.

On 5/1/2024 at 10:46 PM, Doohickie said:

At this point,

WHO F***ING CARES?

Could care less about his pressers. 

So, you could care less. I’m at rock bottom. I could not care any less about anything anyone says in a press conference than I do right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

So, you could care less. I’m at rock bottom. I could not care any less about anything anyone says in a press conference than I do right now.

We have heard it all by now and nothing has improved. Well except our prospect pool but thats a result of how terrible the parent club has been so…its a wash. 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, ska-T Chitown said:

Didn't all the teams make the playoffs for like ... the first 50 years? Not that it makes our sitch any better.

Pre-WW2 all the teams were in a kinda weird playoff, 1-2 would play and 3-6 had a mini-tournament to play the winner of 1-2. After that, the number is more like 2/3, I think. During the original 6, it was 4 four teams, then 8 of 12, 12 of 18, 16 of 21. Since 1993, it's been 16 teams, with the league slowly growing to now, where that's 50%.

Edited by MattPie
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Is there an official date where lindy Ruff has to pick his staff? It still lists Bales/Ellis and the rest as the assistants and i'm really hoping that changes.

All the assistants who were being fired have been fired. Ellis might be reassigned but I would guess Lindy adds 1 person to that staff sometime this summer. Bales has UPL's improvement to hang his hat on right now so he's safe. Wilford being around is a little surprising but they must believe in the defense. 

• Vomit 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, ska-T Chitown said:

The Sabres have the league record for longest losing streak, the longest playoff drought, and they are getting close to the longest playoff series win drought (they're at 18, Panthers were 24). The Sabres are only three years behind of the Leafs for longest cup drought.

The Sabres are, without a doubt, the Worst franchise in NHL history.

... and they aren't getting better.

Edited by seer775
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

That would explain a lack of announcement.  No need to take any action.

He was at the Lindy presser.

Lindy also said in one of his subsequent interviews that he has been meeting with the holdover coaches about the team and their roles and will be fleshing out his staff later.

I fully expect a new hire or hires and I also expect Ellis to be back, it’s just a matter of where.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/5/2024 at 12:31 AM, Porous Five Hole said:

I didn’t see him myself, but he was confirmed to be at game 3 by other Rochester fans I know. Have to imagine he was in the building tonight.  

Maybe at the bar with Playfair and Dudley.  

16 hours ago, seer775 said:

The Sabres have the league record for longest losing streak, the longest playoff drought, and they are getting close to the longest playoff series win drought (they're at 18, Panthers were 24). The Sabres are only three years behind of the Leafs for longest cup drought.

The Sabres are, without a doubt, the Worst franchise in NHL history.

... and they aren't getting better.

They are tied with Vancouver at "three years behind" the Loaves. Great thing about that stat, it will likely remain at three years until the Sabres win a cup, lol

13 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

They are tied with Vancouver at "three years behind" the Loaves. Great thing about that stat, it will likely remain at three years until the Sabres win a cup, lol

Expansion partner Vancouver had a great season by changing coaches. Maybe the Sabres follow suit. A few personnel tweaks wouldn’t hurt either.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, spndnchz said:

His contract is up, from what I heard

I've heard his contract was up, but I also heard references to him still being on staff since Donny got fired.  I'm not sure which is correct.

Edited by Doohickie