Lindy Ruff officially hired as Sabres HC

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

B) It was pretty widely reported that Darcy went to his house to fire him. Is there reason to believe otherwise?

11 years later, the story is more exciting if he quit. Charlie and Grandpa Joe getting the factory because of their honesty makes a better movie than Charlie winning simply because he was able to survive.

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Adams will get credit if it works. He included the words “I’ve got a plan” in his press conference and hired Ruff days later. 

The oxygen is gone. The best we can all do is choke a horrible death.

• Eyeroll 2

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Must be nice. I'm depressed over the easy lazy hire. 

NHL coaches are a dime a dozen. They work out for a few years, then they don’t and get fired.  Happens to all of them. Glad we got a guy that’s done it.  Better than the last 5 hires.  He knows the league, the players and the GM.  The Sabres could have done way worse.  All these guys parrot the same stuff, just with a different voice.  Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn’t.  Now they need to work on the roster. 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's hilarious to me that I'm all too often accused of being too negative and yet I'm extremely positive about this hire. For all you Ruff haters I guess it's time for me to say:

You're not real Sabres fans. 

You surprised me for sure 😅

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's hilarious to me that I'm all too often accused of being too negative and yet I'm extremely positive about this hire. For all you Ruff haters I guess it's time for me to say:

You're not real Sabres fans. 

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

The oxygen is gone. The best we can all do is choke a horrible death.

Jesus dude, i know im a ruff fanboy, but not sure what is wrong with this hire and seems to me it gives the fanbase more oxygen than last 6 years.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Now that Ruff is hired you're denying fans wanted him? Nice.

My question now is what happens to Seth Appert. Will her be brought up to assist Lindy, or do we lose him to another team?

Seth Appert, much like every coach in the history of coaches, is good because he’s had good players. The Amerks have a better roster this year than the decade of 2010-2020 combined. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

We could have done far, far worse. Lindy’s middle name is accountability, the club med training camp and practices are over, and the boys better lace ‘em up tight.

Any truth to the rumor Ruff is insisting on making a strong push to get VO back in the fold?  

This guy? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SDS said:

The cult will not relax. I’m not lying when I made the comparison to the Doug Flutie cult. 

In what other scenario does someone take a banner to a game for a head coach on a losing hockey team?

And of the team wins Lindy gets a credit. And if the team loses it’s those loser players and that loser GM who are standing in the way of Lindy‘s glory. 

And it is all we will hear.

Odd comments from a guy who created two message boards for people that are passionate about the Bills and Sabres.

Also, being a Lindy Ruff fan in NO WAY compares to the Flutopians.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Some of you have hope, and I have no issue with that. 

I'm in the prove it camp. They could have hired God and I'd want to see it before I believe it. 

God wouldn’t have been a good choice, anyway. He can’t seem to hold anyone accountable.😂

• Haha (+1) 2

He has to love the situation he is stepping into. Talent all over the place, all failure in the past and the future his to relish in with all the young up and comers for him to use as he will 

He was fired in NJ because the goaltending was horrible, Not here and now. He might take this team far 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, inkman said:

This guy? 

He’s the only VO I know. And it was a totally tongue in cheek comment, btw. VO strikes me as Lindy’s least favorite type of player.

• Like (+1) 1

Berube and Gallant amongst a few others did have interviews with the Sabres via zoom the past few days

It would not surprise me if Adams mentioned Ruff replacing Granato in season, but was rebuffed by Pegula 

Ellis is not guaranteed a spot behind the bench 

One member of the staff will be a coach in waiting as mentioned before.  Appert is my guess.

If it was Peca, I doubt Lavy or the Rangers would block him from moving. 

Ruff will spend a lot of time around the Amerks over the next few weeks getting know the prospects as well as Appert. 

And @Thorny if this does go south, your prediction will come true next offseason.  That’s a reason why Adams hired Lindy he knows they can work together. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5