GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings Sat. 3-16, 12:30 pm NHLN, MSG & WGR Radio

images.jpg.c006092b01de9c3df4c42dc15f37faa3.jpg

BIG GAME TODAY IN  DETROYIT, Tronno plays at 7

The Buffalo Sabres returned to practice at KeyBank Center on Friday after sweeping their three-game homestand with wins over Edmonton, Detroit, and New York to move within three points of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference standings.

The Sabres will now embark on a five-game road trip, beginning with an important rematch against the Red Wings, who currently sit tied with the Islanders for the final Wild Card spot with 72 points.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/buffalo-sabres-lecom-practice-report-march-15-2024-sabres-kick-off-5-game-road-trip-saturday-in-detroit

8a81748d-9c39-4a50-8d60-e9fa7b85e5a3-AP_Red_Wings_Sabres_Hockey_N_2.thumb.webp.8ee0494d1e2e227720394ee67937e747.webp

Edited by Shoot da Puck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings Sat. 3-16, 12:30 pm MSG & WGR Radio

Arrived in Detroit yesterday with the family. Tested the odds at the MGM Grand last night, let’s hope the Sabres fortunes today are better than mine were last night! Confident the boys will get it done today in the Motor City, LET’S TUCHIN GO!!!!! GO SABRES!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Detroit Red Wings Sat. 3-16, 12:30 pm NHLN, MSG & WGR Radio

Don't forget this game is on NHL Network today. That means NO ESPN+!!

Today is jam-packed with Buffalo sports.

11am: UB women vs Kent State for the MAC title and a NCAA berth. On CBSSN.

12:30: Sabres @ Detroit on NHLN

1:30: Amerks @ Marlies on AHLTV

7:00: NLL Rock @ Bandits on ESPN+

• Like (+1) 1

This game has all the makings of a ‘more than chippy’ affair. The Wings have been losing a lot, were clearly frustrated at the end of Tuesday’s beat down, then lost again since. They’re a pissed off team and could see the Sabres as an easy team to take it out on. The Sabres must be prepared to respond. Will they?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

• SDS pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

This game has all the makings of a ‘more than chippy’ affair. The Wings have been losing a lot, were clearly frustrated at the end of Tuesday’s beat down, then lost again since. They’re a pissed off team and could see the Sabres as an easy team to take it out on. The Sabres must be prepared to respond. Will they?

images (12).jpeg

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I love afternoon hockey!!

At work 😞

No likey afternoon hockey

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

The year was 1993 and Mr. And Mrs. @Doohickie were settled in Detroit, a young Sabres fan and his Red Wings lover…

Not quite.  It had been a decade since I'd followed the NHL; we were both WIngs fans at that point in time.  I missed the entire 1980s of Sabres and didn't really pick up on them until I bandwagoned on the '99 Cup Finals team.

Edited by Doohickie

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Stupid NHL Network.

But... it is supposed to be sunny and 70 in Seattle today, so...  good luck, 'Spacers! Keep winning and keep dreaming the playoff dream.

yup Im screwed too... visiting Dad for his 90th BD in SoCal...so guess Ill enjoy the weather.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

You are so not getting them done before she gets home.

chris-tucker-smoke.gif

Changed 3 water filters and a UV light already. Checking the latest here and vacuuming next. Lunch with my mother. Sabres game. Split kindling. Grocery store and I am done.

Got to avoid SS and drinking and it is all possible.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

Let's get another early goal to dispirit them and then pour it on! 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Afternoon hockey is horrible. 

I was thinking of just staying off all media and then watching the encore at 7, but I'm going for a jog and will sit and watch game. Much prefer night games 

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Let's get another early goal to dispirit them and then pour it on! 

I was thinking of just staying off all media and then watching the encore at 7, but I'm going for a jog and will sit and watch game. Much prefer night games 

You jog? Joints not sore from all those saves you made in Munreal?

• Like (+1) 1