Running UPL

inkman

Apparently it’s open season on UPL or any other Sabres netminder for that matter.  Can anyone explain the lack of response by the Sabres other than being the softest team in the league?  Was an explanation given (imho there is no excuse for not decking whoever ran UPL into the upper deck)? 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

Apparently it’s open season on UPL or any other Sabres netminder for that matter.  Can anyone explain the lack of response by the Sabres other than being the softest team in the league?  Was an explanation given (imho there is no excuse for not decking whoever ran UPL into the upper deck)? 

The Berggren one had probably the least physically aggressive line possible.

Skinner-Krebs-Olofsson

Bryson-Byram

Krebs was over with the refs but the culprit was protected by the refs. Byram has concussion history so I'd rather him not fight. The other three are far from physical players. 

The Fischer one had

Skinner-Krebs-Peterka

Jokijarju-Power

Again, not exactly a group of players who impose their will on anyone. Plus I honestly think some of the players were confused due to how odd it looked.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Skinner-Krebs-Olofsson

Bryson-Byram

Krebs was over with the refs but the culprit was protected by the refs. Byram has concussion history so I'd rather him not fight. The other three are far from physical players. 

The Fischer one had

Skinner-Krebs-Peterka

Jokijarju-Power

Again, not exactly a group of players who impose their will on anyone. Plus I honestly think some of the players were confused due to how odd it looked.

There’s nothing to be confused about—someone touches your goalie you do something to that person. It doesn’t matter if you turn out in the wrong. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

fwiw I was calling to Krebs from section 104 as he returned the bench, he wouldn't look up, was gonna give him a signal / reminder like this but he pretended he couldn't hear me. 😉
 Angry Bob Barker GIF
file it under "fans and players are disconnected".  missed opportunity to fill the barn in my opinion.

Other than that it was an awesome night!

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm strongly anti-fighting. I'm strongly anti-scrum after the whistle. I'm strongly against any stick work, cheap shots of any kind.  HOWEVER, until the league is serious about elminiating those things totall (which they aren't close to yet), I really would like to see the Sabres get a guy with a big-time mean streak to RESPOND to (not instigate, but respond to) stuff like this.  He doesn't have to drop the gloves at all if nothing happens to require it, but when stuff like this happens, I want them to have at least one guy (preferably a couple) who will go at it in situations like this.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Skinner-Krebs-Olofsson

Bryson-Byram

The Fischer one had

Skinner-Krebs-Peterka

Jokijarju-Power

So the next time those Detroit players are on the ice with a different group of sabres should have resulted in drama.

We are gonna get Miller’d again if this team doesn’t show some dog in the fight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Honestly, the team needs a couple more players that’ll do something about it.  Cozens, Robinson and Clifton can hold their own against either of the two chumps who ran UPL.  Not responding is inexcusable. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I just don’t get it at all, and not only did someone not get their ass kicked, I don’t think any of our players even looked in that direction.

I saw a couple hits by Clifton that seemed a little extra IYKWIM, but I never got the license plate of who he hit. 

Just now, seer775 said:

Time to sign Lucic

Is he done beating his wife?

I agree that the Sabres should have responded, certainly to the 2nd one.  They had a huge lead, so even if they had been penalized, it would have been well worth it to send the message.  Maybe this will be called out when they watch the film and someone will take care of business on Saturday.  Of course, an untimely penalty on Saturday could cost them the game, whereas, with the huge lead last night, the timing would have been ideal....

I'd sorta get it if it was a tied or 1 goal game because we need the wins (for our fruitless run) but it was 5-1 and 7-3 at the times of both incidents... If not then, when? 

This team has no business being in the playoffs with crap like that, they wouldn't survive game 1 let alone series 1. 

We need better next year, KA has his work cutout for himself, ha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I was hoping a Sabres player would run Reimer. I say we trade for Rempe in the offseason, put him on the fourth line. Sometimes a PP goal against is a small price to pay for sending a message that protects your players. Complaining like Skinner means nothing when the other team is running key guys.   

"Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone." 

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Maybe one of the Sabres on the ice will get run. I’d like to see what they’d do 

Nothing. Johnson fought to defend a teammate one game. Then he gets buried into the boards another game and nobody does anything. 

6 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There is no excuse for not running whoever touches your goalie.  Everytime.  Anyone on the ice has to do it.  It's code in the NHL.  You touch my goalie and you are decked.  Every team in the NHL knows that the Sabres do nothing atoll.

And not that it matters but UPL has been by far their best player all season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Skinner-Krebs-Olofsson

Bryson-Byram

The Fischer one had

Skinner-Krebs-Peterka

Jokijarju-Power

3 hours ago, inkman said:

We have a bunch of cream puffs, if that's Florida/Boston/Tampa/Carolina/Nashville heads would be rolling.