Running UPL

inkman

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

The Berggren one had probably the least physically aggressive line possible.

Skinner-Krebs-Olofsson

Bryson-Byram

Krebs was over with the refs but the culprit was protected by the refs. Byram has concussion history so I'd rather him not fight. The other three are far from physical players. 

The Fischer one had

Skinner-Krebs-Peterka

Jokijarju-Power

Again, not exactly a group of players who impose their will on anyone. Plus I honestly think some of the players were confused due to how odd it looked.

I mean this with respect:

JESUS EFFING CHRISTMAS ON A POPSICLE STICK — EVERYONE FLIES TO THE OFFENDER — OVER THE LINESMAN’S ARMS — DOGPILE THAT B1TCH — JUST GO APE SH1T.

Word gets out about teams like these Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm strongly anti-fighting. I'm strongly anti-scrum after the whistle. I'm strongly against any stick work, cheap shots of any kind.  HOWEVER, until the league is serious about elminiating those things totall (which they aren't close to yet), I really would like to see the Sabres get a guy with a big-time mean streak to RESPOND to (not instigate, but respond to) stuff like this.  He doesn't have to drop the gloves at all if nothing happens to require it, but when stuff like this happens, I want them to have at least one guy (preferably a couple) who will go at it in situations like this.

I would just add that we definitely need at least two and not one….

We neither draft nor sign tough, physical players… We are denying reality.

im completely against too but I cannot stand watching the Sabres get bullied…

Meanwhile, nobody in the Buffalo media has the courage to ask HCDG "Hey Don, your goalie got hit twice by opposing players.  Why didn't anybody take exception to this and go after the Detroit players...even though you had a big lead?"

There are times I genuinely HATE the Sabres.....allowing your goalie to be hit (twice) with no response is completely unforgivable, whether the game is close or not.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Honestly, the team needs a couple more players that’ll do something about it.  Cozens, Robinson and Clifton can hold their own against either of the two chumps who ran UPL.  Not responding is inexcusable. 

Power and Joker should have went at Fisher.  Then maybe the next one doesn’t happen.  They were around UPL constantly.  I saw a Wing slap his stick blade on UPLs back after a whistle.  

No one else commented on this but me, Detroit was looking for a fight in the 3rd period.  They took the body to a fault and by doing that let the Sabres control possession time, even in their end.  Perron, Fabri, Sprong, Fisher - they were looking to bang everyone and everything.  

Edited by Pimlach

This team has been letting other teams take shots at our goalies waaaay too often. I constantly see guys in front of the net totally unopposed poking and bumping, regularly stinking around after the play for a little extra and nobody....NOBODY does anything. 

Defending the crease is something that has driven me nuts lately. This current group is a major problem. They just don't have a whole lot of grit or physicality or spine for that matter. But it isn't just a DG/KA regime problem, teams have been running Buffalo goalies for a good portion of the Pegula era. It is strange. We have been talking about teams running our goalies and nobody doing anything for a decade. 

It is gross. 

• Agree 1

What surprises me about all of this is Krebs.  He's not a big dude, but he's a scrapper that's willing to drop the gloves and get physical when he needs to.  He was right there in the mix, but was simply talking/complaining about it, instead of going after the Wings player.  I agree that the Wings were trying to stir things up in the 3rd period and I'm OK with the Sabres not taking the bait.  The last thing the Sabres need is to get a player injured or suspended for a worthless fight in a game that they've already won.  Still, they should have responded to the running of the goalie the 2nd time.  The first time you could write off as an accident (even though you should still respond), but not the 2nd time.  In the infamous words of former President George W. Bush, "fool me once, shame on...shame on you.  Fool me...you can't get fooled again."

I'd like to think that when the team watches the film from Tuesday's game, this will be addressed, and if Detroit tries to run the goalie again on Saturday (or the Islanders tonight, for that matter), it will be handled properly.

12 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

What surprises me about all of this is Krebs.  He's not a big dude, but he's a scrapper that's willing to drop the gloves and get physical when he needs to.  He was right there in the mix, but was simply talking/complaining about it, instead of going after the Wings player.  I agree that the Wings were trying to stir things up in the 3rd period and I'm OK with the Sabres not taking the bait.  The last thing the Sabres need is to get a player injured or suspended for a worthless fight in a game that they've already won.  Still, they should have responded to the running of the goalie the 2nd time.  The first time you could write off as an accident (even though you should still respond), but not the 2nd time.  In the infamous words of former President George W. Bush, "fool me once, shame on...shame on you.  Fool me...you can't get fooled again."

I'd like to think that when the team watches the film from Tuesday's game, this will be addressed, and if Detroit tries to run the goalie again on Saturday (or the Islanders tonight, for that matter), it will be handled properly.

Krebs is not a scrapper.  He is a young kid who dropped them a few times and held on for dear life.  He can be annoying and get under someone skin, but no one is afraid of him.  

I agree that he should have done something since our 6'6" 220 pound defenseman was not going to.  

• Agree 1

I am so down about this kind of crap going on and over and over we do not respomd. Mind you I see many games ( i watch any NHL game regardless of who is playing as I love hockey) and I see many times crap going on and more often then not the other team does not respond either. This is not a  thing that happens only to the Sabres...I only wish we had someone like Marcus who can actuall yplay and answer the bell. They are hard to find mind you...  

Edited by sabrefanday1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Krebs is not a scrapper.  He is a young kid who dropped them a few times and held on for dear life.  He can be annoying and get under someone skin, but no one is afraid of him.  

I agree that he should have done something since our 6'6" 220 pound defenseman was not going to.  

I realize that we are arguing over semantics, but the fact that he's willing to drop the gloves and get under opponents' skin is exactly why I call him a scrapper.  I never said that he's big, strong, or instilling fear in anyone.  He's not an enforcer or even a fighter per se, but he's willing to stick his nose in there, which is more than a lot of other guys on the team.  Power is not a scrapper, but he's a really young player that needs to learn how to use his size.  I'd compare him to Tuch, who is a larger-sized skill player who also is not a fighter - but Tuch will drop the gloves on a rare occasion where it is warranted and/or mix it up and give it back to an opponent when necessary.

The bottom line is that SOMEONE, ANYONE, needed to send a message to the Detroit player and nobody did.

• Thanks (+1) 1

We had at least two guys that would have done something . . . and they are two guys that some here and on WGR never liked and are no longer on the team. You can guess who they are.

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

We had at least two guys that would have done something . . . and they are two guys that some here and on WGR never liked and are no longer on the team. You can guess who they are.

I literally have no idea who you mean. Can’t be anyone from the last half of a decade. 

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I literally have no idea who you mean. Can’t be anyone from the last half of a decade. 

Hint: One of them has since won a Stanley Cup, and his initials are Zach Bogosian.