Adams press conference post trade deadline

PASabreFan

35 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

When plans fail or are failing and there's seemingly no tack to the right or left, THAT is when depression sets in.

Brandon Beane's plan this season failed. After about 24-48 hours no fans were depressed.

The plan is HOPE. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The gist of it is pretty simple: he believes in his people and he believes in his plan.

When the fanbase absolutely believes neither, and is essentially told - yet again - to be patient, depression sets in.

I'm signing off, probably for the duration of the season unless something notable happens. I like this place most of the time, but sharing in the lamentations isn't really my thing.

The past few days brought back some good hockey talk though. Thanks for that.

I'm almost at this place. I have been for a few years but I keep getting sucked back in with some false hope or other. Come playoffs I will watch the Bruins and other games. Hopefully they beat the Leafs and that'll be my little joy for the year. Then they will lose to Florida and I guess I will cheer for Florida, give Kyle a cup. 

I'm going to hope Vegas fails, just because of the cap LTIR and also still a little because of Jack, cheer against Edmonton because I hate the hype and their announcer, and I'm going to hope Carolina has terrible luck and loses early so that Brind'Amour will become available. It's a slim hope. 

Sabres? I got nuthin' until they do somethin'. If they do nothing in free agency, well, it'll be hard to stay loyal to the blue and gold. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I for one am excited to see what Adams, Granato, Ellis and the rest of the organization have in store for the off season and follow up 2024/2025 season. I see big things on the horizon for this team.

They treat the players extremely well, gifting them very generous contracts, fantastic perpetually upgraded facilities and scoreboards and let's not forget the parting gifts after early professional career development time with the Sabres, a pineapple/banana dachari blender for weekly fort-nite events. Players around the league are well aware this organization will make its way in to the playoffs very soon.

So everyone..........

unnamed.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I for one am excited to see what Adams, Granato, Ellis and the rest of the organization have in store for the off season and follow up 2024/2025 season. I see big things on the horizon for this team.

They treat the players extremely well, gifting them very generous contracts, fantastic perpetually upgraded facilities and scoreboards and let's not forget the parting gifts after early professional career development time with the Sabres, a pineapple/banana dachari blender for weekly fort-nite events. Players around the league are well aware this organization will make its way in to the playoffs very soon.

So everyone..........

unnamed.jpg

Very excited for the future! 

God bless the Pegulas and PSE. Huge fan of their country music label too! Keep bringing the hits! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

When plans fail or are failing and there's seemingly no tack to the right or left, THAT is when depression sets in.

Brandon Beane's plan this season failed. After about 24-48 hours no fans were depressed.

This is correct.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The gist of it is pretty simple: he believes in his people and he believes in his plan.

When the fanbase absolutely believes neither, and is essentially told - yet again - to be patient, depression sets in.

I'm signing off, probably for the duration of the season unless something notable happens. I like this place most of the time, but sharing in the lamentations isn't really my thing.

I feel like he looked dejected.  That there is more “wrong” that needs to be addressed then he was expecting.  

Scoring down.  The play of his top 2 centers has been inconsistent to poor - and that’s the biggest reason we are where we are.  

But the Goalie and D situation looks good. 

Finally should get a real Captain.  

The team needs a change in its approach to the forward group - too small too passive and not skilled enough to make up for lack of physicality.  

The team isn’t tough.  Not physically.  Mentally.  They aren’t embracing the expectations.  If this continues a new coach can deal with that.  

Power and Tage are the key to this.  If Tage gives us at least 85 percent of his last 2 years we’ll be fine.  This Tage?  Need to trade him.  And Power needs to be better playing this many minutes.

If that happens, if Muel plays 65 plus games, and if UPL is the man then this team will make the playoffs next year.   I’m not going to worry about the coach right now bc they aren’t firing him before say November.  If we start slow DG will be gone.

He’s got one more shot whether we like it or not and Adams has to get 2 new forward pieces to play with the kids.  

AND SKINNER HAS TO BE THAT GUY TO GO 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I think it's pretty ***** up he couldn't help out Girgensons dude has been here the longest 

I don't think Any one would care here if he went for like a 7th rounder in 2026 

I really, really hope it was Girgs saying he’d just as soon not make a move for a couple of months duty. 

Don't think I will botter listening to same old excuses.   The team as whole has been down this year.

He can say his top 2 centers had a down year , but why trade the one center pushing and challenging them to be better ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Don't think I will botter listening to same old excuses.   The team as whole has been down this year.

He can say his top 2 centers had a down year , but why trade the one center pushing and challenging them to be better ? 

Oh oh oh, I have the answer.....

"We don't want to block the young high talent pushing to make the roster"

🤣 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well, we're all very justified in being PO'd with this franchise, but I thought the presser was fine.  If you were expecting him to say that his roster stinks and they need a major overhaul -- I don't think that's realistic.  And what was realistic, and true IMHO, was his statement that if they are going to improve as a team, most of the improvement will need to be internal, by the guys who are already there.

I agree with @dudacek that KA sincerely believes in his plan and most of this roster, and that he is willing to take steps that he thinks will improve the team.

We're certainly entitled to be skeptical about him closing those deals, or that the deals will be effective.  I may go into despair if they limp to the finish line and nevertheless bring back DG.  Still, the Mitts-for-BB trade was a major move, which gives hope that KA will be willing to make a similar move at coach if he thinks it's justified.

But vent if you need to vent.  KA and DG deserve every ounce of opprobrium they get here for this utter and complete poop sandwich of a season.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Your return was a welcome relief from this ***** show. And it was some good hockey talk.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

The problem with KA truly believing is his plan is that he truly believes that Girgensons is integral to that plan moving forward and talked of extending him.

I love Girgs, but wtf?!

If KA believes that, then we really are screwed, for as long as he is here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

I feel like he looked dejected.  That there is more “wrong” that needs to be addressed then he was expecting.  

Scoring down.  The play of his top 2 centers has been inconsistent to poor - and that’s the biggest reason we are where we are.  

But the Goalie and D situation looks good. 

Finally should get a real Captain.  

The team needs a change in its approach to the forward group - too small too passive and not skilled enough to make up for lack of physicality.  

The team isn’t tough.  Not physically.  Mentally.  They aren’t embracing the expectations.  If this continues a new coach can deal with that.  

Power and Tage are the key to this.  If Tage gives us at least 85 percent of his last 2 years we’ll be fine.  This Tage?  Need to trade him.  And Power needs to be better playing this many minutes.

If that happens, if Muel plays 65 plus games, and if UPL is the man then this team will make the playoffs next year.   I’m not going to worry about the coach right now bc they aren’t firing him before say November.  If we start slow DG will be gone.

He’s got one more shot whether we like it or not and Adams has to get 2 new forward pieces to play with the kids.  

AND SKINNER HAS TO BE THAT GUY TO GO 

Good stuff here.  You should post more often!

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Mitts, to his credit, was continuing to improve this season, and certainly most of his teammates at forward took a step back (other than JJP).  But I don't get the sense that Mitts was challenging his teammates to be better.  Just the opposite -- I think they are all too nice to each other and do not sufficiently hold each other accountable -- and maybe KA thought this was a bigger failing in Mitts, one of the (relatively) older vets.

Separately:  I think its also worth noting that KA said multiple times at the presser that they aren't good enough and that they are unhappy with where they are as a team.  I expect further changes.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

what a mess

I listened to 1//2 of the presser and couldn't listen anymore

face the reality...development plan is "we are learning"

I listened to three minutes and had enough.   This guy is a ***** tool.   Not only is this team stuck in neutral with the current roster, it's even worse because it's been set back due to the bloated contracts this clown signed off on for unproven players that haven't earned it.   This team is ***** big time.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sabre The Cup said:

Very excited for the future! 

God bless the Pegulas and PSE. Huge fan of their country music label too! Keep bringing the hits! 

I did not realize TP was associated with a country music label.   I'm pissing myself.

8 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

I’ve been an Adams supporter and have defended him and his process. The tone of that presser was completely incongruent with the season the team is having. 

Also incongruent, his teeth.   Making it on many levels, difficult to watch.  Krebs is not the answer at 3C.  To suggest Cozens is an experienced veteran and a valid reason why “age” should not considered youth is a joke.  The implication that he is open to an elder statesman, then suggest maybe a 4C who is good a face offs or PK is head scratching.  Really Kev?  Top 9 can’t be improved, eh?  If this clown runs it back with one additional forward on the fourth line (UFA/trade), resigns Z, and promotes a kid from Rochester to replace Kyle, I’m getting off at the next stop.

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, we're all very justified in being PO'd with this franchise, but I thought the presser was fine.  If you were expecting him to say that his roster stinks and they need a major overhaul -- I don't think that's realistic.  And what was realistic, and true IMHO, was his statement that if they are going to improve as a team, most of the improvement will need to be internal, by the guys who are already there.

I agree with @dudacek that KA sincerely believes in his plan and most of this roster, and that he is willing to take steps that he thinks will improve the team.

We're certainly entitled to be skeptical about him closing those deals, or that the deals will be effective.  I may go into despair if they limp to the finish line and nevertheless bring back DG.  Still, the Mitts-for-BB trade was a major move, which gives hope that KA will be willing to make a similar move at coach if he thinks it's justified.

But vent if you need to vent.  KA and DG deserve every ounce of opprobrium they get here for this utter and complete poop sandwich of a season.

There is no accountability. Adams said at the beginning of the season that playoffs were the expectation. Rookie GM and rookie NHL HC. For Adams to even mention "more compete" at this point is beyond infuriating. They both need to be jettisoned, no excuses. This ownership sucks!