Adams press conference post trade deadline

PASabreFan

I'm starting to feel like we'll never have success again. We'll never have a good team and if we have any hope of team growth they'll get sold and moved thus ending any purpose of being. It just endlessly sounds like he purely intends to use prospects and pray they find their way to greatness while retaining specific players whom are favored by ownership for any reason.

• Like (+1) 1

Kevyn said he is comfortable with the leadership in place. He said the biggest way to improve the team is for current players to get better. He said he is open to trading picks and prospects but then cited the idea of that kind of trade involving a fourth line center 

He is 100% running it back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 2

And the insane thing is he literally said he is not happy with the dreaded "compete" level of most of his players.

The irony is thick coming from a guy who has never tried to win.

Think the two aren't related?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

And the insane thing is he literally said he is not happy with the dreaded "compete" level of most of his players.

We're ****ed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Agreed.  It would go better on the ice if he made a clear move to exchange the future for the present.  We need more guys in Casey Mittelstadt's age range, not fewer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

I’ve been an Adams supporter and have defended him and his process. The tone of that presser was completely incongruent with the season the team is having. 

It was a completely unhinged, disconnected from reality, shenanigans fest. I have no faith in Adams or anyone in that front office or on the coaching staff. 

Leaving Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If you don't have competitive players, yeah. Is that really part of the development process?

Paraphrasing here, but "The way we get better is for the guys we have to get better." WTF?!

He is going to do nothing again this offseason.

We're screwed. Management does not Give A F about winning.

• Agree 3

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

What I gathered from Adams' press conference is that I should watch more (maybe exclusively) games of other NHL teams.

There's some really good hockey out there.

• Agree 3

I had hopes for the coach and GM but any hope has evaporated. Only thing that I can hope for is the owner will crawl out of whatever cave he's been in and sell the team. Frankly I've pretty much stopped watching awhile back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2