Adams press conference post trade deadline

PASabreFan

Listen to his first few words and the way he kind of ducked as he sheepishly approached the podium. He was expecting the shoe I threw across my room was going to hit him. That in a nutshell is KA. And in a nutshell is the team he’s built. I couldn’t bare to listen past the bit where he had a shitt eating grin and said ‘ believe me we didn’t expect this type of season either ‘. If he goes forward with waiting for this team to grow into champions we are in for a long friggin wait. Moron.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

42 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Listen to his first few words and the way he kind of ducked as he sheepishly approached the podium. He was expecting the shoe I threw across my room was going to hit him. That in a nutshell is KA. And in a nutshell is the team he’s built. I couldn’t bare to listen past the bit where he had a shitt eating grin and said ‘ believe me we didn’t expect this type of season either ‘. If he goes forward with waiting for this team to grow into champions we are in for a long friggin wait. Moron.

Like I said.  We are going to die before this team figures anything out.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I should have watched it before reading this thread.

I just watched it and it's nowhere near as bad as reading this thread would indicate.  Of course, many would look at it the other way and that is fine.

That drafting Krebs thing is head scratching for sure, but whatever.

I like that he got emotional in talking about KO.  He may not have the heartlessness to ultimately do well as an NHL GM and I would actually be fine with that so long as they bring in a stone cold hard ass to be GM and KA can be a ceremonial head of something or other at some point when the Sabres are on another cusp (hey there @PASabreFan).

Dahlin will be captain next season if not sooner.

I think things will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

When plans fail or are failing and there's seemingly no tack to the right or left, THAT is when depression sets in.

Brandon Beane's plan this season failed. After about 24-48 hours no fans were depressed.

I kind of agree. I understand what dudacek is saying, too, but he’s wrong to use the word “patience” 

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Girgensons - Adams; "I'm really glad we're keeping him, because there is something special about him."  It must be his offensive output.  Those 7 goals in 47 games this season are something very special.

You know what he means and deep down you agree with KA on that.

25 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You know what he means and deep down you agree with KA on that.

Basically it’s fairly comical that Adams put so much emphasis on Girgs being part of the “fabric” of the team. Because he’s been here for so long. As if that’s a fabric we should be interested in keeping together

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Basically it’s fairly comical that Adams put so much emphasis on Girgs being part of the “fabric” of the team. Because he’s been here for so long. As if that’s a fabric we should be interested in keeping together

That should be one of these butthole reporters first question after some nonsense like that comes out of Adams mouth.  

“Kevyn, Mike Harrington here. Why do you want to keep players that are the face of a decade of failure, I’ll hang up and listen.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think he means "Terry really likes him."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think he means "Terry really likes him."

Could be. So why is he waxing so poetic about it? People want to believe his emotion over KO was sincere, and I get that, I think it was, too. But then the better part of me thinks he’s unlikely to go off the rails dishonestly when he’s showing he’s pretty honest emotionally. So I don’t buy it’s purely a Terry thing with Girgs

i think it’s reasonable to conclude that part of the reason Terry and KA get along so well, part of the reason Terry trusts him so much and PICKED him, is BECAUSE they have some similar philosophies 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Could be. So why is he waxing so poetic about it? People want to believe his emotion over KO was sincere, and I get that, I think it was, too. But then the better part of me thinks he’s unlikely to go off the rails dishonestly when he’s showing he’s pretty honest emotionally. So I don’t buy it’s purely a Terry thing with Girgs

i think it’s reasonable to conclude that part of the reason Terry and KA get along so well, part of the reason Terry trusts him so much and PICKED him, is BECAUSE they have some similar philosophies 

Well, this is not really reassuring.

• Haha (+1) 3

Like it or not this organization under Pegula has genuinely treated the players very well, and that philosophy is shared by Adams.

A player wants to leave, they have facilitated very good arrangements, putting the players wishes an equal with a return in a trade. I respect Adams, and, all the slap stick humor put aside, Pegula. Yes things have been chaos, poor product results. But I do really appreciate the organization standing by the goal of being that team that puts the players hopes, dreams, aspirations on par with what's best for the organization. There is a life lesson to be learned in that. You word is your bond.

Thank you Kevyn, for all that your attempting to do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Wholly crap, yous guys.

KA likes Girgs in his own right.  Terry likes him, I like him, everybody likes him.

I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream (and Girgs).

He is what he was when we drafted him.

He has been a very good soldier and leader of this team through the bleakest period in team history, which has nothing to do with him.  He did nothing to make it so and he has given his all to this team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Like it or not this organization under Pegula has genuinely treated the players very well, and that philosophy is shared by Adams.

A player wants to leave, they have facilitated very good arrangements, putting the players wishes an equal with a return in a trade. I respect Adams, and, all the slap stick humor put aside, Pegula. Yes things have been chaos, poor product results. But I do really appreciate the organization standing by the goal of being that team that puts the players hopes, dreams, aspirations on par with what's best for the organization. There is a life lesson to be learned in that. You word is your bond.

Thank you Kevyn, for all that your attempting to do. 

Yet the cutthroat Knights have a cup

It's cool buffalo trades their own to cup contenders but how in the world has it helped buffalo ?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Wholly crap, yous guys.

KA likes Girgs in his own right.  Terry likes him, I like him, everybody likes him.

I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream (and Girgs).

He is what he was when we drafted him.

He has been a very good soldier and leader of this team through the bleakest period in team history, which has nothing to do with him.  He did nothing to make it so and he has given his all to this team.

He's also a fine, perhaps very fine, young man.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Yet the cutthroat Knights have a cup

It's cool buffalo trades their own to cup contenders but how in the world has it helped buffalo ?

I get it, I am as equally disappointed and frustrated at the results as the rest of the fan base is. But in Adams and Granato's case, after having 3 full seasons of watching what they are attempting to do, listening to what they are saying at the podiums, and starting to see some net results based on those, I am honestly more confident now than I have been in a long time that Pegula has found the right people for the job.

Ya, it sucks it took this long, and sometimes I irrationally respond emotionally to the time it's taking, but I won't deny the organization is on the right path, because in my opinion at least, they are.

Meh, hope is not for everyone, but I choose hope over misery....so go firth Pegula, Adams, Granato, build us a winner, because in my eyes, things are looking up. That's really all I got.

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I get it, I am as equally disappointed and frustrated at the results as the rest of the fan base is. But in Adams and Granato's case, after having 3 full seasons of watching what they are attempting to do, listening to what they are saying at the podiums, and starting to see some net results based on those, I am honestly more confident now than I have been in a long time that Pegula has found the right people for the job.

Ya, it sucks it took this long, and sometimes I irrationally respond emotionally to the time it's taking, but I won't deny the organization is on the right path, because in my opinion at least, they are.

Meh, hope is not for everyone, but I choose hope over misery....so go firth Pegula, Adams, Granato, build us a winner, because in my eyes, things are looking up. That's really all I got.

4 seasons of Adams, but ya 

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I've lost all hope and hopefully both are fired how can anyone take adams seriously when he does nothing but get depth players acting like this team is some Stanley cup contender

It's Ridiculous .

34 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well said. Draft and develop. People like the draft, but are irrationally impatient with the develop. 

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

Well said. Draft and develop. People like the draft, but are irrationally impatient with the develop. 

Let's see if they make some obvious moves to change assistant coaches. The PP should not be putrid, and it is. They're still very often sluggish in the first, and going down a goal to start games. I am skeptical on DG, and this is another second half where the Sabres win some games because they don't really matter. Folks talk about a country club atmosphere. I do think the players care, and want to win, but they are not mentally tough. I think coaching is part of that, and youth, of course.

I'm not sure they can make all LD for the most part on D work, but there's talent there.
They still need a number of veterans, more grit and toughness in the forward group. A top 6 RW, a 3C, someone who can reliably win faceoffs. I think a veteran backup for UPL, and not rushing Levi would be smart. Buying Skinner out might be even smarter. He's like the shipwreck survivor from the old Night Gallery series. Doesn't matter that he can score when he's on, he sinks the team. 

KA has the assets to make it work. I don't think just running it back is the answer. If he thinks it is, with the same level of add as last off-season, no bueno. I'm also not convinced Terry P. isn't perpetually cheaping out on the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1