Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd rather give up Rosen or Savoie than Kulich but I'd be okay with this. 

Ideally, TT, Rosen and our 2025 #1 (top 3 protected). Toss in a 3rd or lower any year if needed.

I would give up any of those guys They are all just lottery tickets "could be" 

Who remembers  bailey , baptiste  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

If there was only a way they could kick start a rebuild…

Mark of a team that's quit on the season and has guys waiting on the trade deadline. They've lost their way with the temporary coaching change as well. No wonder Tkachuk wants out. 

Nashville rebuild on the other hand, moving along quite nicely. 

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Mark of a team that's quit on the season and has guys waiting on the trade deadline. They've lost their way with the temporary coaching change as well. No wonder Tkachuk wants out. 

Nashville rebuild on the other hand, moving along quite nicely. 

I would expect some major moves there. The new ownership and management team have no ties to any of these players.

Like Buffalo, they expected to be in the hunt this year.

• Agree 1

Sounds like Jack when he wanted out before his injury 

There is a lot of noise surrounding Tkachuk,” said Renaud Lavoie during his column on the JiC show on Tuesday. This is noise that has existed since the start of the season. It’s a cloud that hangs over the team.”

https://www.tvasports.ca/2024/02/27/les-senateurs-echangeront-ils-brady-tkachuk

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Sounds like Jack when he wanted out before his injury 

There is a lot of noise surrounding Tkachuk,” said Renaud Lavoie during his column on the JiC show on Tuesday. This is noise that has existed since the start of the season. It’s a cloud that hangs over the team.”

https://www.tvasports.ca/2024/02/27/les-senateurs-echangeront-ils-brady-tkachuk

Buffalo would need to be aggressive. Can’t mess around. Any 2 of their top prospects and a player or the 2024 first. Get him here, tell him you want him to be the tone setter.  And then trade for another vet in the off seasons or sign a free agent (but to do that we need a veteran coach in here who has clout). 

However, I have to wonder whether his family would tell him to push for a trade elsewhere  - given that the Sabres aren’t that different from Ottawa. While he’s under contract, he can create issues if he doesn’t want to be here. Really, though, a veteran coach that NHL players respect is what’s needed - in addition to a player or two like him. 

• Like (+1) 1

So you guy all want Brady Tkachuk for the next 4 years at $8.2M????

In year 5 he will be gone, and if we cannot get this team to Cup contending status in 2 years he will be a miserable distraction in Buffalo (aka Hockey Hell).  

His family is hell bent on getting him and his brother together someday, or getting him to St Louis (home), or another contending team. 

This guy is a huge prima donna.  Figures he is not wanting to finish the contract he signed with Ottawa.  

Edited by Pimlach

There can't be many teams that have prospects and picks like Buffalo, but if a player has any say in where he is going to be traded, zero chance Buffalo is on that list. I would imagine that Buffalo is near dead last as a destination for anyone in their prime. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

How many physical aggressive players are still playing in the NHL that Buffalo got rid of?? I know there has to be at least 3 or 4

Name names por favor.
I think sure guys like McNabb or the D on Seattle that inky loves or Risto even.  But here at least from my seat we're talking about an alpha-dog in the top 6.  Marchand, Tkachuk, Stamkos (has presence), Ovechkin (did it years ago), Crosby,  Landeskog maybe, Tavares?.  Guys that the entire league respects (save Marchand) and don't want to be line-matched against.  Instead we have the opposite, Jeff Skinner.

• Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Name names por favor.
I think sure guys like McNabb or the D on Seattle that inky loves or Risto even.  But here at least from my seat we're talking about an alpha-dog in the top 6.  Marchand, Tkachuk, Stamkos (has presence), Ovechkin (did it years ago), Crosby,  Landeskog maybe, Tavares?.  Guys that the entire league respects (save Marchand) and don't want to be line-matched against.  Instead we have the opposite, Jeff Skinner.

The CLOSEST thing in recent memory would probably be Evander Kane.  He would drop the glove, win his share of them when he did (although not an ultra-heavyweight) and put up 25-30 goals for you.  Not at the same level as those other guys though.

Honestly, the more I think about it...go back 30 years..I can't think of anyone else that was even a 'moderately dangerous'/potential top 2 line player who would drop the gloves even a few times per year.

Edited by mjd1001

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

The CLOSEST thing in recent memory would probably be Evander Kane.  He would drop the glove, win his share of them when he did (although not an ultra-heavyweight) and put up 25-30 goals for you.  Not at the same level as those other guys though.

Honestly, the more I think about it...go back 30 years..I can't think of anyone else that was even a 'moderately dangerous'/potential top 2 line player who would drop the gloves even a few times per year.

Brad May was drafted to be that guy.  Didn’t work out as top 6 material unfortunately 

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

There can't be many teams that have prospects and picks like Buffalo, but if a player has any say in where he is going to be traded, zero chance Buffalo is on that list. I would imagine that Buffalo is near dead last as a destination for anyone in their prime. 

Oh well buffalo will trade for him when he's past 30 and washed up like they always do 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Brad May was drafted to be that guy.  Didn’t work out as top 6 material unfortunately 

So who was the last guy they drafted with that intent with a first rounder? Zack Kassian?  Even that is going back 15 years.  

COULD it be Cozens?  He didn't do well taking on a heavyweight earlier this year, but isn't he 6'3"  put on 10-20 lbs over the next couple years...get someone to teach him to fight?  We know he is somewhat willing.  I don't know, probably reaching here.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So who was the last guy they drafted with that intent with a first rounder? Zack Kassian?  Even that is going back 15 years.  

COULD it be Cozens?  He didn't do well taking on a heavyweight earlier this year, but isn't he 6'3"  put on 10-20 lbs over the next couple years...get someone to teach him to fight?  We know he is somewhat willing.  I don't know, probably reaching here.

brendan lemieux the guy that Basically said don't draft me buffalo I won't sign .

Lol

56 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Kane - 14 years.  4 teams.   Mostly a 20 goal guy, two seasons he hit 30.   Toughness that does not translate into good defense or good team play as he is mostly a minus player over that time.  

Sure, he can fight but I consider him a role player and potentially cancerous in the room. 

Rick Dudley was a 2nd line player that could fight.  Danny Gare could have been 2nd line, but he fit better in the 3rd on our team.   Mike Foligno was 1st and 2nd line, he sure could fight.  May was a fighter, but 3rd line.  

After that the glove droppers were mostly lower tier players.  

Just now, #freejame said:

People want big people to be physical because they are big, but that’s not the way the world works. Physical people get physical, regardless of their size. 

The problem is the Sabres big guys don’t play that way and the Sabres small guys play to their size. The don’t touch anyone, ever.  

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Kane - 14 years.  4 teams.   Mostly a 20 goal guy, two seasons he hit 30.   Toughness that does not translate into good defense or good team play as he is mostly a minus player over that time.  

Sure, he can fight but I consider him a role player and potentially cancerous in the room. 

Rick Dudley was a 2nd line player that could fight.  Danny Gare could have been 2nd line, but he fit better in the 3rd on our team.   Mike Foligno was 1st and 2nd line, he sure could fight.  May was a fighter, but 3rd line.  

Speaking of  Kane looks like he is going to be moved again 

https://thehockeywriters.com/oilers-kane-reportedly-causing-locker-room-rift/

44 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Right - regarding Kane - plays the part on the ice but with all the off-ice distractions I'd suggest he is/was not respected and more importantly not galvanizing for his teammates.  All those guys in my list above I feel truly lead their team to victory.  Kane is more like a Lucic - lookout he's on the ice and he's big and mean and skilled and has a screw loose.  We could use one or two of those too, but Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Crosby, Marchand are not that.