Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

1 minute ago, SabresBillsFan said:

So funny everyone getting pissed about a small, fast receiver going to Kansas City. I lost most of my interest in the NFL when they got to political. Most of these players are dumb dumb X’s and O’s and everyone treating this boring game like it’s the greatest game! 

Literally don't give two s**ts about the little bit of politics that happened a few years back.  Hasn't crossed my mind once in a very long time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Literally don't give two s**ts about the little bit of politics that happened a few years back.  Hasn't crossed my mind once in a very long time.

I literally don’t give two shits about the NFL as people treat this game like it’s the best, it’s not. NHL playoff hockey is a better game, way too many ego’s in the nfl. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I literally don’t give two shits about the NFL as people treat this game like it’s the best, it’s not. NHL playoff hockey is a better game, way too many ego’s in the nfl. 

Then, get out of the Bills thread.  Literally, every other thread is about the NHL.  This board is about the NHL.  There's one thread for people who also like the NFL, and you feel the need to come in and s**t on it and them?  Thanks, I wasn't happy with Beane, but now he doesn't seem so bad.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane really risking it all here.  If Worthy turns into a superstar and we still can't beat them, it may spell his end. He has to hope Worthy is a bust and his extra picks pan out.  For me, out of sheer principle I would never trade with your arch rival you can't beat.  Already reports of some AFC GM's pissed as hell at him for doing that.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Absolutely can't trade with the Chiefs for any reasoning, We have now given them Mahomes and if Worthy (Not saying he will) turns into another Tyreek Hill we're even more screwed plus trading out of the 1st round we now lose the 5th year option. Beane is really shitting the bed in this draft imo.

Unless his plan is to bring in a veteran WR via trade then this really makes no sense.

If Beane was telling the truth when he said he didn’t have first round grades on 28 players (for what it’s worth,  Joe Schoen said he only had 11 players with 1st round grades), then he is gonna find very good value on day 2. And I have a hunch he’s gonna acquire a third 2nd round pick as well. 

Who was the draft pundit who predicted we would trade down for Carolina’s pick at 33 and then select McConkey? Hmm. 

Worthy has boom or bust written all over him imo, and I’m glad we didn’t select him, but it sucks we made that deal with KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am just landing, overnight flight to Paris, paid for the wifi, so I had the draft streaming... What a disappointment. 

I hope Worthy tanks, could possibly be the worst move Beane has made. Time will tell. 

Not only that, but to sit through that dribble for 3+ hours to not have a pick, fans shouldn't be subjected to that. 

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Does he try to get 2 wrs in the 2nd?

This was my hope, as posted upthread: If you can’t get one of the top 3 WR’s, then spread risk and grab 2 of the other intriguing WR prospects.

Lol - this is reminiscent of what Beane did with Rousseau and Basham (doubling up). Hopefully, this time, it’s more than a single (base hit) and a lazy fly ball out.

Trading with KC took stones. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite the Bills. I’d said I don’t want Worthy for the Bills. But it’s quite puckering to see him drafted by the Chiefs.

6 hours ago, carpandean said:

Wow, that's just a d**k move to the fans.

Who cares about the fans?

6 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

So funny everyone getting pissed about a small, fast receiver going to Kansas City. I lost most of my interest in the NFL when they got to political. Most of these players are dumb dumb X’s and O’s and everyone treating this boring game like it’s the greatest game! Better things to do with my time rather then watching this franchise find new and creative ways to blow games, it’s almost too comical!

Yet you know what happened and are here talking about it. Didn't lose much interest.

Imagine trying to pretend so much that you don't care about something but care about it so much you just need to talk about it, all while staying up all night to wait for the pick. Crazy the things people say to try and cope.

Edited by Demoted
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills draft picks updated: Round 2 (33) Round 2 (60) Round 3 (95) Round 4 (128) Round 5 (141) Round 5 (144) Round 5 (160) Round 5 (163) Round 6 (204) Round 7 (221)

So they backed up 5 spots. Obviously weren't interested in WR's Worthy or Legette. KC was getting Worthy either way. 

S Cooper DeJean is the highest rated player still out there. Several WR's they had in for visits are still out there.  Beane being Beane, Said a trade up was all smoke and rumors. There was nothing there. The early run on QB's and offense basically killed that idea if it was ever there. 

Having the #1 pick Friday means lots of phone calls coming the Bills way.  Could trade down again. Went from having 1 Friday pick to having 3 by backing up 5 spots. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

The outfits these draft picks wear?  or I am just getting old?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Otoh, the Chiefs were probably always getting Worthy even if they stayed at 32.

And for my man @inkman: Ladd ThaHonkey incoming. I hope you enjoyed your evening.

I’m thrilled. To gain all the assets and still get their guy would be great.  If they want ThaHonky at 33, I’m good. Cooper DeJean has McDermott written all over him though.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Otoh, the Chiefs were probably always getting Worthy even if they stayed at 32.

And for my man @inkman: Ladd ThaHonkey incoming. I hope you enjoyed your evening.

This is the point the whining little children on WGR keep missing. KC was gonna get Worthy, anyway. It sucks the trade was with KC, but in the final analysis, it really doesn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2