Sabres off season targets

sweetlou

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Not a good look for him 

Well, Nemec is on a team with 3-4 injured defenders at this moment, Korchinski is in Chicago. I do think it is a bit stupid to compare himself with them. But he is not that bad that he should be scratched either.

I can not figure out what Kekäläinen is trying to do. His off season with signing Severson and Provorov when they have Jiricek and several other that made great progress. And they needed a 1C! Not to mention the Babcock situation....

He might be a finn as I am. But he is by far the worst GM in NHL. I promise, if Sabres ever hire him as a GM, I will abandon the team immediately and never come back as a fan ever. Why is he not getting fired?? 

On the other hand, they who want spectacular signings and trades might not be dissapointed.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Not a good look for him 

Well, Nemec is on a team with 3-4 injured defenders at this moment, Korchinski is in Chicago. I do think it is a bit stupid to compare himself with them. But he is not that bad that he should be scratched either.

I can not figure out what Kekäläinen is trying to do. His off season with signing Severson and Provorov when they have Jiricek and several other that made great progress. And they needed a 1C! Not to mention the Babcock situation....

He might be a finn as I am. But he is by far the worst GM in NHL. I promise, if Sabres ever hire him as a GM, I will abandon the team immediately and never come back as a fan ever. Why is he not getting fired?? 

On the other hand, they who want spectacular signings and trades might not be dissapointed.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Red flags all over that.

There are.

But am curious how good his English is.  Being interviewed when upset and in a language that isn't your 1st is a recipe for giving a "good" quote to the reporter.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Kid just sounds like a spoiled apple he  might be a good player But he needs a reality check.

Hopefully buffalo does not move forward with this 

Didn’t see the quote from him. I agree. Seems entitled and uncoachable. 

Edited by Kr632

6 hours ago, Kr632 said:

Maybe not an offseason move but I’d love for Sabres to explore this

I have no doubt this kid is talented but this is the last thing the Sabres need. Big kid who isn't the best skater and doesn't use his body. He feels like he's expected to be a point-producing dmen right now and feels entitled to be the PPQB.

I think this guy needs to go to a team with a lot of vets who will show him the way its done. Whos gonna show him the way in Buffalo? Power? Dahlin? Samuelsson?

What specific players do you want to see buffalo bring in?

Crouse has been on my list for two years now...

Need a guy like Hathaway but lost that opportunity when he went to Philly last year.

Jeannot is another guy I like but glad it was Tampa who way overpaid in that trade.

25 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Lawson Crouse and clone him 5 times.

Send Savoie and then some and see if we can get it done.

Too early for me to think about off-season in terms of trades and line combos, but two players i hope we go after hard is Sammy Blais and Teddy Blueger for the fourth line. Two Cup-winners, play hard, know how to win, and have some smash-mouth hockey in their DNA.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Two or less said:

I have no doubt this kid is talented but this is the last thing the Sabres need. Big kid who isn't the best skater and doesn't use his body. He feels like he's expected to be a point-producing dmen right now and feels entitled to be the PPQB.

I think this guy needs to go to a team with a lot of vets who will show him the way its done. Whos gonna show him the way in Buffalo? Power? Dahlin? Samuelsson?

Jiricek doesn't use his body? And isn't a good skater?

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jiricek doesn't use his body? And isn't a good skater?

I take back my skating comment, I thought I was remembering what I was reading back in his draft year and just looked it up and nowhere does it say that. I made a mistake. 

As for his grit, he is 6’3 and has potential to be a bruiser but until he shows it in the nhl he’ll just be a big guy. I don’t think we have the players who can show him and lead the way for him is what I was saying. He’s only 20 and takes time to develop that part of his game but I don’t think our situation could help him grow into that complete player. 

• 2 weeks later...

As I have spent the past few weeks scrolling through cap friendly and watching a few other teams play, I am still trying to pinpoint who the Sabres should be targeting for 4th line next year and a top 4 RD.

I like all 3 guys on Vancouver 4th line and all are UFA's...Joshua, Blueger, and Lafferty

DeMello or Dillion still my choice for defenseman 

On 1/27/2024 at 2:02 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Let's see, our GM's motto is to do the absolute minimum and take the least amount of risk with FAs.  

Thus I expect 

1) UPL/Levi to be the goalies next season

2) Defense - with 5 guys under contract and a 6th (Joki) an RFA, I expect more of the same with one depth signing.

3) Forwards - 8 are under contract - Skinner, Thompson, Tuch, Cozens, Quinn, JJP, Greenway and Benson.  Mitts and Krebs are RFA.  He'll re-sign Robinson and promote at least 1 of Savoie, Rosen, or Kulich.  Those 12 will be the forwards for 2024/25 with again one FA depth signing.

Don't you feel better already about next season?  Didn't think so!  

The best thing Adams can do to Improve Home field advantage is a new

Zamboni!

On 1/27/2024 at 2:18 PM, Norcal said:

So, nothing lol

Adams could bring up the AHL guys and have an all AHL 4th line, see who rises to the top.

Like to swap Rochester and Buffalo and see who gets better

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.