GDT: Sabres @ Anaheim - Tue Jan 23, 2024, 10:00 pm ET ESPN+ HULU ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I remember earlier in the year Anaheim was surprisingly good at times but I think they are garbage now. So it should be a close one.ย 

Whatever happens if Zegras hot dogs it somebody smack him. (Sabres won't, but it's what I want).ย 

Lol @ hotdogs itย 

Zegras is a mega priss. He's from New York probably the Hamptons or somethingย 

Yeah, Anaheim started off 9-7 I believe then imploded.ย 

Seems like this game would be an inexcusable loss but how many times has that been said this yearย 

Sabres win 5-2ย 

8 hours ago, inkman said:

If people are going to perpetuate the MW thing, Iโ€™m going to keep pushing the โ€œAll Sabres games are after darkโ€ premise. ย What ***** genius came up with this idea? ย Almost every Sabres game is after dark. ย What are we doing here. ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, inkman said:

ย 

IMG_4348.jpeg

Most wondrous!

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I remember earlier in the year Anaheim was surprisingly good at times but I think they are garbage now. So it should be a close one.ย 

Whatever happens if Zegras hot dogs it somebody smack him. (Sabres won't, but it's what I want).ย 

Zegras is out 6-8 weeks with a busted ankle. Weโ€™ll have to wait for somebody to smack him.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

To the Buffalo ***** Sabres,

ย 

You have sucked and let us down continually in drastic ways for almost 13 years now. Start being good and stop sucking. The Bills Super Bowl hopes this year are dead so now myself and most of Buffalo is looking to you to lift our spirits. Make your pathetic selves useful and make a run, make the playoffs and make me a happy fan again. Iโ€™ve been a fan of yours for the past 20 years. If you donโ€™t change your sub standard play and lackluster efforts Iโ€™m going to find a new team and it may be the Maple Leafs. Finish a damn check, hit more, shoot the puck instead of trying for fancy one timers, get someone in front of the net and use your God given talent and speed.

Sincerely,

A suffocating, sports depressed, Sabres fan at witโ€™s endย 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

ย 

IF UPL is going to get all 3 games on this California trip, agree with starting him tonight.ย  (And join @Brawndo's calls for having Levi in the AHL.)ย  But if the plan is to give Levi one of these next 2 games, why not give your backup goalie the horrible team that is currently imploding and your starter the good team that's going through a rough patch?

The idea is to try to win as many games as you can from this point forward, and if you're playing your #1 against the bad team and your #2 against the good team it seems you're going to be looking at a lower expected points than if you do it the other way.

Maybe somebody else can explain the logic behind it?ย  (And again, if they think there's a realistic chance that they start UPL all 3 games, then by all means, start him tonight.ย  But IF that's the plan, then why have Levi travel all week and not get any games once again?ย  (Realizing Ra-cha-cha doesn't play until Friday, but the Sabres won't be back for either Amerk game this weekend.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.