GDT: Sabres @ Anaheim - Tue Jan 23, 2024, 10:00 pm ET ESPN+ HULU 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

SABRES AFTER DARK - California Dreamin'

image.png.7a54997d7e526712e9f66b17cc6f56b8.png   @   image.png.5d936c540a0b31bb396210766eb39db1.png

20-22-4                                        15-30-1

LAST 10

6-4                                                       2-7-1 

44 pts. / 46 gms.                             31 pts. / 46 gms.

Sabres is currently 27th in the league, with Anaheim 30th.

#MAY WIN

#LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 1

If people are going to perpetuate the MW thing, I’m going to keep pushing the “All Sabres games are after dark” premise.  What ***** genius came up with this idea?  Almost every Sabres game is after dark.  What are we doing here.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

If people are going to perpetuate the MW thing, I’m going to keep pushing the “All Sabres games are after dark” premise.  What ***** genius came up with this idea?  Almost every Sabres game is after dark.  What are we doing here.  

image.png.952a59136c53d3226f16d01c2141eb64.pngimage.png.a54ede3afc90f93d1685e1f9b74e6c27.png     image.png.81c8c23aeecc647632a2d8a467604169.png

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Well, for the past 12+ seasons they have been.  Thought we saw the dawn peeking through last spring, but it turned out to just be a trick of the light below the horizon reflecting off all the ice in the air.  Similar to those pillars of light we sometimes see during a crisp February night.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m going to keep pushing the “All Sabres games are after dark” premise.  What ***** genius came up with this idea?  Almost every Sabres game is after dark.  What are we doing here.  

I believe that the "after dark" thing arose from the sports blogging world that pre-dated sports on Twitter and other forms of social media. I specifically recall Deadspin - back when it was authentic and interesting (and even trend setting) - having an "After Dark" live blog feature where some staff writers would live blog whatever was going on in the (sports) world and then dedicated readers would follow along and sound off in the ... comments? I'm not even sure how that worked, tbh. I did not participate. I was a bit older than the target demographic. I had young kids. I was trying to sleep. Anyway, "after dark" just became shorthand for "yo, we all up mad late (for sportz)" sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I specifically recall Deadspin - back when it was authentic and interesting (and even trend setting) - having an "After Dark" live blog feature where some staff writers would live blog whatever was going on in the (sports) world and then dedicated readers would follow along and sound off in the ... comments? I'm not even sure how that worked, tbh. 

Deadspin has mostly had its bones picked clean by private equity, but there is at least one "After Dark" transcript out there on teh interwebs. It appears that it was a free for all of sorts, with staff writers and "members" (readers? trolls?) just keeping a chat going in the wee hours.

https://deadspin.com/monday-night-football-after-dark-broncos-raiders-5047058

34 minutes ago, Stads said:

Will a Sabres' win make me feel better about the Bills' season ending? Not particularly. Do I still need it though? That would be a yes

I was thinking the same thing. My answer is definitely no since we already know that this team has ZERO chance at making the playoffs. Trade deadline will come up and players will be sold for meaningless draft picks that will be rushed into a failing system. There is absolutely no end in sight to this mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Spoonman said:

SABRES AFTER DARK - California Dreamin'

image.png.7a54997d7e526712e9f66b17cc6f56b8.png   @   image.png.5d936c540a0b31bb396210766eb39db1.png

20-22-4                                        15-30-1

LAST 10

6-4                                                       2-7-1 

44 pts. / 46 gms.                             31 pts. / 46 gms.

Sabres is currently 27th in the league, with Anaheim 30th.

#MAY WIN

#LETS GO BUFFALO

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.