GDT: Sabres @ Anaheim - Tue Jan 23, 2024, 10:00 pm ET ESPN+ HULU ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Skinner was his usual bad Skinner version, all finesse and little to no attack.

This really stood out to me tonight.ย  That whole line is out of sync but out of the three, Skinner is the most dysfunctional piece.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Billznut said:

Power doesnโ€™t have a nasty streak in him at all. I donโ€™t know if that will ever change since thatโ€™s a personality issue. In comparison, Tyler Myers was very soft at the beginning. He has gotten a little more nastiness in him as the years have gone by, but even now heโ€™s still pretty soft.ย 

Watched the Canucks/Hawks game and under Tocchet, Myers has a lot more grit in him than he ever has- and it's working for him. Coaching matters big time! Myers would be the Sabres toughest guy in that lineup (and that's not saying much)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if he was served notice before the road trip, that if the trip goes poorly, he's done.ย  He looks like he knows he's a dead man walking.

Heโ€™s probably wondering what heโ€™s still doing here and how he can go work for Cammi.ย 

After this road trip, perfect time to rotate several of our studs into the press box for a few games eachโ€ฆ Tuch, Power, Thompson, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Cozensโ€ฆ and bring up prospects to get some NHL game experienceโ€ฆ Show the studs what hunger and desire plays likeโ€ฆย 

17 minutes ago, eman said:

Watched the Canucks/Hawks game and under Tocchet, Myers has a lot more grit in him than he ever has- and it's working for him. Coaching matters big time! Myers would be the Sabres toughest guy in that lineup (and that's not saying much)

Yes, it most certainly does.......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I just tried to find the bench interview of DG (maybe at the beginning of the second period). I remember thinking just how absolutely defeated he already sounded. He wasnโ€™t going to inspire anyone to play better last night. I knew they were toast.

Anyway, I couldnโ€™t do it. Just rewatching the little that I did was so awful, even I stopped caring and turned it off.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I have to say, the way they talked about the Sabres was cringeworthy.ย  Trying to decide how much of that is the Sabres themselves being cringeworthy versus the way they approached them.

That isn't my issue. He's a buffoon. Not just the style but the substance. He called the game for Anaheim when they went back up by 2. Unprofessional. Of course DG threw in the towel, so maybe not.

The woman was also terrible. You're a hockey mom. Great. Nice stereotype. And she said pulling the goalie with five minutes left wasn't about trying to tie the game, it was about building something for the Kings game.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That isn't my issue. He's a buffoon. Not just the style but the substance. He called the game for Anaheim when they went back up by 2. Unprofessional. Of course DG threw in the towel, so maybe not.

The woman was also terrible. You're a hockey mom. Great. Nice stereotype. And she said pulling the goalie with five minutes left wasn't about trying to tie the game, it was about building something for the Kings game.

Yeah, the broadcast team was horrible, but there was also a note of .... pity?.... for the Sabres in their coverage which was the cringeworthy part.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, the broadcast team was horrible, but there was also a note of .... pity?.... for the Sabres in their coverage which was the cringeworthy part.

Pity....could be the worst thing you get as an athlete/organization. People recognize they are hopeless losersย 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was without a doubt the worst hockey game (by any teams) that I have seen this year. We looked like a sad sack beaten defeated and totally quit team for 3/4 of the game and then maybe Tage realized he was embarrassing himself in front of his old man and they woke up a little but still, what a truly anemic performance. That was reminiscent of tank hockey.ย 

Ducks with a depleted line up too. Absolutely pathetic.ย 

That sort of effort tomorrow and the Kings will put up double digits.ย 

Honestly, if a mid season performance like that doesn't get somebody fired nothing will.ย 

100%ย 

There is nothing to like anymore.ย  They even let the Ducks get too close to UPL several times last night.ย  ย Other teams don't allow that.ย ย 

Someone needs to inform Adams that there is more to a TEAM than players wanting to be here and getting along like good friends during play time.ย ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

More cringeworthy... Sabres or Buccigross?

I think you like to say the name Buccigross, itโ€™s fun. ย  ย At least he laid into them a bit.ย 
ย 

I stopped watching after 2 and streamed ย the final episode of The Bear on Hulu. ย 

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I wonder if he was served notice before the road trip, that if the trip goes poorly, he's done.ย  He looks like he knows he's a dead man walking.

Itโ€™s probably not done like that anymore. ย Ultimatums donโ€™t help. ย 

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I just tried to find the bench interview of DG (maybe at the beginning of the second period). I remember thinking just how absolutely defeated he already sounded. He wasnโ€™t going to inspire anyone to play better last night. I knew they were toast.

Anyway, I couldnโ€™t do it. Just rewatching the little that I did was so awful, even I stopped caring and turned it off.

Yes I agree but why do these guys need so much coach provided inspiration? ย 
ย 

Because they have so many players that stopped caring. ย The majority are done for the season. ย 

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes I agree but why do these guys need so much coach provided inspiration? ย 
ย 

Because they have so many players that stopped caring. ย The majority are done for the season. ย 

They don't need inspiration, they need someone to hold them accountable when they fail to show up.ย 

Benchings, healthy scratches, calling guys out in front of the team, bag skates, etc... are tools used to enforce a standard of play.

What is their standard and what are the repercussions if they fail to meet that standard?ย  ย I have no idea.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

100%ย 

There is nothing to like anymore.ย  They even let the Ducks get too close to UPL several times last night.ย  ย Other teams don't allow that.ย ย 

Someone needs to inform Adams that there is more to a TEAM than players wanting to be here and getting along like good friends during play time.ย ย 

ย 

That is true and it happens all the time. Contrast that with how the Ducks responded to Krebs near the end. There was no serious fight because they've pretty much quit on the season too but they did move everybody out hard and then we had the usual sheepish looks of "what, what did I do?" from yappy Krebs but they made him back off. We rarely do anything.ย 

Tage seemed to wake up a little in the 3rd (I still think he realized dad was watching and was embarrassed) but you watch that interview he gave and he looks like a man who just heard somebody died or he got a terminal diagnosis. Just flat and dead. Clearly, the locker room has crumbled apart.ย 

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

They don't need inspiration, they need someone to hold them accountable when they fail to show up.ย 

Benchings, healthy scratches, calling guys out in front of the team, bag skates, etc... are tools used to enforce a standard of play.

What is their standard and what are the repercussions if they fail to meet that standard?ย  ย I have no idea.

Torts, training camp, wind sprints until some of them literally threw up. They set a bar. Team came together.ย 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.